PDA

View Full Version : A surprising statistic ...

Smiles
June 15th, 2006, 06:27
Put this down to pure ignorance, but I never knew before (did you folks?) that Vietnam has a`population of 20 million more than Thailand?

Why did I not know this? Did I never bother to "look it up"? Perhaps I just assumed bombing Vietnam back into the stone age (quote: McNamara? Johnson?) back in the 60's & 70's succeeded and after that never gave thought to Vietnam again.

Thailand: approx 65,000,000
Vietnam: approx 84,000,000

A minor ignorance, yet telling. Adds fuel to the wanderlust and pushes me to visit Vietnam (without Sur(f)crest, I assure you :blackeye: ... but I enjoyed his photo album featuring Vietnam nonetheless) when I finally make it to Thailand 'somewhat' permanently in 2007.

Cheers ...

June 15th, 2006, 06:35
Nam is nice!

bing
June 15th, 2006, 08:31
I saw "The King And I" a few weeks ago and relished every moment of it. Well if you remember the size of the Thailand map compared to the rest of the world you would be additionally surprised to hear Nam has more people than LOS. Once ones mind is made up, facts only confuse. Don't you agree.

June 15th, 2006, 08:50
The population of Malaysia and the population of Australia are roughly equally. The GDP of Australia is somewhat greater than the combined GDP of the ASEAN nations. And speaking of Australians, the combined IQ of Bad Boy Billy and his ilk raised to the power of 10 is approximately equal to the square root of the population of Laos

Smiles
June 15th, 2006, 09:03
" ... I saw "The King And I" a few weeks ago and relished every moment of it. Well if you remember the size of the Thailand map compared to the rest of the world you would be additionally surprised to hear Nam has more people than LOS. Once ones mind is made up, facts only confuse. Don't you agree (?) ... "
I'd be happy to agree if I could make heads or tails of what you are speaking about.
Are you from Belgium by any chance?

Cheers ...

June 15th, 2006, 09:09
I believe that Burma also has more population than Thailand.

Smiles
June 15th, 2006, 09:19
Burma 47,382,633 July 2006 est. ( http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/fac ... 9rank.html (http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/rankorder/2119rank.html) )

Thailand ranks 21st in the world by pop. Burma is 27th. (According to the CIA :cheers: )

Cheers ...

June 15th, 2006, 09:25
My bad then.

June 15th, 2006, 09:29
Hedda has asked her new best friend Oral Sekks (CIA station chief, Bangkok) to verify this statistic

GWMinUS
June 18th, 2006, 09:20
Viet Nam has many Catholics
Thailand has many Buddists

June 19th, 2006, 06:26
Viet Nam has many Catholics
Thailand has many BuddistsIs the answer fucking obvious?