PDA

View Full Version : The Shows Ain't What They Use To Be

bucknaway
May 17th, 2014, 10:08
The times.. They are-a-changing.... Not long ago you could go into a gogo bar that put on such a show that you often felt as if they should sell popcorn.

Picture it. The year is 2002 back when Bucknaway was Blkcuteguy, Back when a round trip ticket to Thailand was about $700 usd and 1 US Dollar would get you over 40 Thai Baht. George Bush was President, Michael Jackson dangled Prince Michael II, off a balcony from a Berlin hotel room, R & B singer R. Kelly was on film pee'ing on a young girl, Rosie O'Donnel announced that she was gay and the year that Ann Landers, Milton Berle and Rosemary Clooney passed away.

2002 was the year that Thailand welcomed a young Bucknaway to its fake Rolex watches, crafty tuk-tuk drivers, fast friendships, cheap food and cheaper sex. Thaksin Shinawatra was in office and Dreamboys was in it's original location..... Ahhh, the old Dreamboys.... There I was, a naive untraveled American. My first time leaving the USA walking into a dimly lit all male gay gogo bar. I didn't know what to make of the place. The stage was crowded with handsome , sexy guys in underwear adorned with numbered buttons. Sexy guys proudly, but shyly standing on the stage waiting for something or someone. They all seem to be trying to get noticed by some faceless stranger in the crowd. This was all so new to me and I could not help but wonder at the wonder of it all.

All too soon the guys jumped down from the stage, the lights went dim, the hosts continued to seat new arrivals with the aid of flashlights. My friend, my guide, my one night stand explained to me the working of a gogo bar. I pretended to understand the idea of an off fee, a tip and what it all meant. I tried to make heads or tails of what I was being told when the superman music began to play and male figures took the stage... Music! Lights! Action! Several muscular, toned guys in g-strings began to dance and gyrate on the stage in a way that I had never seen before. It was a slow dance, a sexy, sensual dance that made you appreciate the total head to toe sexy form of the dancers. They seem to exude confidence along with a certain kind of sensual sexyness that only reminded me that I was looking at sexual male animals in their prime. When they moved in unison it was a feast for the eyes.

Just as soon as the first dancers left the stage, new performers take their place but with a more elaborate setup. When the light come on, the stage is filled with guys in tiger-print loincloths jumping about the stage to the sound of jungle music when they take notice of a some large object hidden beneath some dark fabric on the stage. They slowly approach it like a pack of jungle cats stalks its prey. When one of them gets close enough to touch it, the lights flash and the room fills with the sound of thunder! They guys retreat to all corners of the stage, some escape into the audience. Slowly they return to the hidden object. One jungle guy dares to take a quick peek beneath the fabric but quickly backs away. Another jungle guy approaches and yanks the fabric away showing a costume penis in a limp state. It was the size of a human with 2 big balls on each side. The jungle guys approached the large penis, touching and rubbing it till it becomes erect and shoots out a silk ribbon as if it had an orgasm and the jungle guys all run from the stage.

Once the Jungle guys left the stage, the show was not over. One jungle guy remained and dared to expose the 3 guys hidden in the penis costume. When he exposed them they showed their displeasure by roughly handling him about the stage and ripping away his loincloth as the other 3 stripped away all their clothing and each one having their way with the mouth of the jungle guy till he is thrown to the floor. One guy is kneeling over him taking oral gratification as the other 2 go about pulling rings down from the ceiling. What happened next was not to be believed. Sexual stunts as wild as you dare to imagine. 2 were screwing while hanging upside down from the ceiling while the other 2 where by the ladder with the bottom guy bent over and the top guy doing a handstand while screwing him from behind. After several position changes and gravity defying sex acts, the 2 teams come together and one guy is bent over and being penetrated from behind only to have the other bottom guy layed on his back, rolled onto his shoulders and the top guy climbs atop him also as he continues to penetrate his bottom guy. It ends with an orgasm and a couple bottles of beer erupting all over the performers.... But the show is not over....

Next comes guys in painted bodies under neon lights dancing on stage with colored ribbons on sticks. Once that act was over, the go-go guys returned to the stage and I was left in my seat in shock, but a happy shock. I could not believe that I had seen everything I had just seen. It was a happy time, a time I will long remember.

Now fast-forward to 2014. Barak Obama is President. Taksan's sister is removed from office, Barbara Walters retires and the US Dollar is exchanging in the area of 31 Thai Baht for each US Dollar.

Bucknaway, a much more seasoned traveler to Bangkok is sitting in Screw Boys. A ladyboy performs a number I am happy not to remember but happy to see her leave the stage. 2 guys make their way up to the stage and prepare themselves for their erotic feats. Their show was nothing compared to the Dreamboys of old, but it was slightly better than what was being displayed at other bars in the area. Soon the performers were at the crowd expecting tips. I was in a mood to tip these better than average performers and was reaching for my money as they made their way to me. My hand was on my wallet when the bottom guy barked "Tip!" The Mamasan sitting near me leaned over and said "You tip boy!" I took my hand off my wallet and said "No." Which caused a the bottom guy to speak words of his displeasure with me as they moved away from me. At the same time the mamasn also left my side.

I could not help but long for the past. Thailand 2002.... Those were the days my friend.

Manforallseasons
May 17th, 2014, 13:11
I enjoyed reading your post Bucky but Screw Boys might not be the best comparison, I find it very hit and miss. I believe the real problem may not be the shows but may be us. Years ago my first time in BKK I went to Future Boys I was in awe, 150 boys all looked great all had the same pyramid style hairdo. I loved the erotic show the guys in the gold costums doing the candle show as well as the staging as well as the nudity. As the years have gone bye and have seen an untold amount of shows at some point one becomes jaded. The last time I was in Soi Twilight at a show I spent most of the time texting,, I don't do the shows anymore.

LoveThailand
May 17th, 2014, 16:20
Nice post, Bucky.
The "wow" of a first visit to a go-go bar will remain unique. Even so - after 6 visits to Thailand - I still enjoy going to the go-go bars and watching the shows.
One show I walked out of though - was at Tawan (I do like muscled guys). And it was because the guys looked so detached from what they were trying to perform. Or maybe I was just in a bad mood :)