PDA

View Full Version : American Hookers chain to open in Phuket

May 16th, 2014, 04:39
I see the American chain Hookers is to open its first Thai franchise (http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2014/05/15/first-thailand-hooters-open-phuket) in Phuket

dab69
May 16th, 2014, 06:25
"Hooters".

There used to be a girly bar west of Happy Place in Pattaya
with a sign in front bearing the exact same "Hooters" Logo.
Bought a shirt from there for a friend I work with in the USA.
Next year the place had been renamed "Booters" but with the same owl logo.

Guessing trademark infringement was too much,
being just a gogo bar.

May 16th, 2014, 10:33
"Hooters".I prefer my version.

Marsilius
May 17th, 2014, 00:44
Next year the place had been renamed "Booters" but with the same owl logo.

Guessing trademark infringement was too much,
being just a gogo bar.

It always surprised me that the famous - and notoriously litigious about such things - London store Harrods never took action against Howards guest house in Sunnee. The Howard's sign was an obvious copy of the Harrods typeface and logo.

May 17th, 2014, 04:15
Didnt the former owner have a Flintstone avatar and isnt that copyright? Where is the fat fool these days anyway?

lego
May 17th, 2014, 11:10
Copyright. Thailand. In the same sentence? You must be having a laugh!

Manforallseasons
May 17th, 2014, 16:06
The correct version!

christianpfc
May 17th, 2014, 20:17
Didnt the former owner have a Flintstone avatar and isnt that copyright? Where is the fat fool these days anyway?

I am pretty sure I saw him yesterday night at a table in front of the Ambiance.

bucknaway
May 18th, 2014, 07:30
Christian, you seem to be spending a lot of time in Pattaya.... Are you going there every other weekend or something?

As far as hooters coming to Thailand, I am happy to see them come. Maybe they will inspire a gay version to open in Pattaya.

May 18th, 2014, 09:03
Maybe they will inspire a gay version to open in Pattaya.Do they have a gay version in America?

bucknaway
May 18th, 2014, 09:44
There was a bar that was open here for a few years that use to have servers in short shorts and cropped shirts but he was in the wrong location and his bar was too small. Now I go places that make angels blush. There may be someone doing a gay version of Hooters in the Rehoboth Beach or Washington DC area but I don't go to those places anymore.

I remember the guys of the Le Cafe Royale use to wear short shorts. I enjoyed seeing them in those shorts.

lego
May 18th, 2014, 14:12
That's actually not a bad idea, a gay version of Hooters - if done right (!) that could be quite nice.

francois
May 18th, 2014, 15:54
Since Hooters is an euphemism for female breasts I would think something more male oriented would be more appropriate for gay version?
Maybe Pecs although Peckers might also work.

christianpfc
May 19th, 2014, 01:42
Bucky, I go there about once per month. Now being unemployed, I am not restricted to weekends.

bucknaway
May 19th, 2014, 02:17
Okay, that is good to know. Maybe we can share a ride when I return.

netrix
May 22nd, 2014, 23:27
Maybe they will inspire a gay version to open in Pattaya.Do they have a gay version in America?

No