PDA

View Full Version : Castro Bar, Boyztown

joe552
May 9th, 2014, 22:40
Never heard of this bar before. But chatted with a guy on GR who works there. Has anyone been or know anything about it?

catawampuscat
May 9th, 2014, 23:17
Open air bar beer next to Panorama Bar. Late night cabaret style show. Thai owned and usually not as crowded as
Panorama Bar. Some older boys from Jomtien gay beach were working there.

joe552
May 10th, 2014, 01:03
Where the restaurant used to be? I haven't been to Boyztown for a couple of years. Not sure if I'll make it this time either as I'm not a fan of "shows", but the boy looked cute.

Nirish guy
May 10th, 2014, 01:36
Is it the Manager with the big muscles you're referring to Joe or is it one of the younger staff working there maybe ?

frequentfliers
May 10th, 2014, 05:02
we had a few good nights there on our last visit,does not compare to Panorama but good none the less.

joe552
May 10th, 2014, 14:56
I'm not into muscles, NIrish - so it must be one of the younger staff. I might pay a visit just to check it out.

Nirish guy
May 10th, 2014, 15:26
For what it's worth the staff are all nice guys too ( as is the manager), no pressure, no hard sell for offs, just friendly service and a bit of chat. Personally I always enjoy their music cabaret show, which whilst small is always very professional and it's nice to sit just out of the main panorama / serene "bubble" and just relax for a bit too. Enjoy :-)

anonone
May 10th, 2014, 17:48
Agree with the comments made thus far...decent place to hang out if you don't want to be in the midst of the Panorama groups...but I thought it was "Castro" bar?

I haven't seen their show yet. Sounds like worth attending once...

Nirish guy
May 10th, 2014, 19:04
Thai owned

Actually I was lead to believe the owner ( financially anyway but don't know about the name on the licence so much etc) is actually Australian and currently lives in Australia and the bar is simply managed for him ( for now anyway as that may change at some point in the future) by his Thai (ex boy) friend ?

Surfcrest
May 10th, 2014, 23:19
...but I thought it was "Castro" bar?

All fixed!

Check out their web site for pics and info!

Surfcrest

http://www.castropattaya.com/

joe552
May 11th, 2014, 01:06
should that be pics AND info? just jesting - thanks for correcting the typo

travelerjim
May 11th, 2014, 10:42
Located next door to Panorama...
In what was Richard's "Amor Caf├й"...

tj

scottish-guy
May 11th, 2014, 16:48
Christ, TJ, I hope you never called it a "cafe" in his presence :))