PDA

View Full Version : What's Pattaya like in June

extronaut
May 8th, 2014, 17:53
Was planning on going to Pattaya in June to crawl bars of Sunee Plaza and Boyztown. But someone told me half the bars are closed that time of year! I'm surprised if that's the case, because most of what I've read about Pattaya has said that it's a 24/7/52 party. So what's it really like around then?

egel
May 9th, 2014, 03:01
No way are half of the bars closed. Maybe 2 or 3 max in the whole area, and you wont notice as they are not the best anyway.

Weather hot, occisional rain. Not a problem.

Far better than high season (in my opinion). No queues, more boys per customer, and, above all hardly any Russians.

joe552
May 9th, 2014, 04:04
I'll be there in a month - same time as last year. I've never been in high season (Dec/Jan) so can't compare. But always lots of fun to be had in the bars. I would say quiet but not dead. For me, fewer tourists is a good thing.

colmx
May 9th, 2014, 05:34
I Agree with Egel and Joe above...
Any time is a good time to visit Pattaya... The bars are (almost) always open and there are always plenty of willing guys looking for customers/fun
The weather in Sept/Oct can sometimes put a dampner on going out (i especially hate those huge drips that come from canopies hours after the rain has finished!
Don't forget when you visit in off peak season like June you tend to get a better choice of merchandise!

newalaan2
May 9th, 2014, 06:26
Was planning on going to Pattaya in June to crawl bars of Sunee Plaza and Boyztown. But someone told me half the bars are closed that time of year! I'm surprised if that's the case, because most of what I've read about Pattaya has said that it's a 24/7/52 party. So what's it really like around then?
None of the bars are closed in June compared to the rest of the year, they are all open all year round unless a bar is destined to close down for good anyway. Like the others responding here I agree June is as good a month as any to visit Thailand, and especially Pattaya. Like Joe i'll be there next month, near the start for a month. I have visited in June for the past 14 years and have always had a great time with everything open and available just as the other months. 24/7/52 party sums it up about right!

There are upwards of 50 bars in Pattaya between beer/host bars and agogo bars, in Boyztown, Sunee and Jomtien and hundreds of boys when you take into consideration massage boys available and those on Gay Romeo. Enjoy your June visit 'extronaut' .

Look forward to MFAS's expat positive vibes to arrive in this thread to support these mere 'visitor' observations about June.

Oliver
May 9th, 2014, 14:49
I'm usually in Thailand in June and will be again this year. The only minus is the possibility that there will be a number of wet days but, in my experience, nothing like as many as in September. If you are not a beach-lover, this is not much of a problem.
I don't mind it being quiet. I no longer patronise the go-go bars regularly but it appears to me that they are quiet all the ear round, not just in June. And Gay Romeo is always active for anyone looking for a partner. Fewer falangs means more available Thais.
There are other positives. Saunas like Babylon and Sansuk tend to have a better Thai/falang ratio; the restaurants are quieter; and I find the ambiance of Boyztown more relaxed with the older falang client├иle you get in the off-season. Good hotel deals, too.

dannja
May 12th, 2014, 20:55
it dont really matter what time of the year u come. the bars would always be open to titillate your fancy. the only changes would be the movement of the boys since they may actually go to rest in their hometwon during low season but nevertheless there would always be several to take their places