PDA

View Full Version : not good advertising for gay thailand

paulg
April 28th, 2014, 06:09
Browsing for gay hotels and found this http://www.nighttours.com/pattaya/

this is how they describe pattaya

Pattaya Gay Guide and Nightlife
Pattaya is one of Thailands largest tourist areas. It is very popular with gay men, who come to check out the (young) boys at the cabaret bars. In daytime, everyone heads to the Jomtien Gay Beach for some afternoon male flesh spotting.

Boyz Town in South Pattaya is the popular gay nightlife area, with many cabaret bars and clubs. There are also some bars in Jomtien, just a block from the beach in a shopping center.

April 28th, 2014, 09:35
You are surprised?? It's what everyone thinks.

lego
April 28th, 2014, 13:13
I think they've described Pattaya in a rather charitable way. For example, they don't mention just how shitty the beach is (as far as its beach qualities are concerned).

witchhunt
April 28th, 2014, 14:07
I would be surprised if they have ever been to Pattaya. Seems like they have put it together from the web.

April 28th, 2014, 14:40
That doesn't make it any less accurate. It's what most people who have heard of Pattaya think - you go to Pattaya you are a pedderfile.

ainamor
April 28th, 2014, 19:55
With the exception of the word "everyone" that seems to be a very accurate description of Pattaya.

Much kinder than it could have been.

catawampuscat
April 28th, 2014, 21:17
Many in the West think old men who lust after teenagers (18+) are pedos. 40- 50 year age differences disturb the old
biddies, whose sexual partners are age appropriate . Very threatening to the status quo.
What if all old men (60+)
could have teenage (18+) boyfriends/girlfriends? Very threatening to conservatives but of course they lust after
the young. Hypocrisy reigns and they would shut down our play pen if they could.

springco
April 29th, 2014, 00:14
I think that it's great that a 70 or 80 year old can come to Thailand and find a sex partner who is 18 and appears to be what a 14 or 15 year old would look like in the West.
The hell with the puritans. Let them move to a convent if they don't like it.

loke
April 29th, 2014, 04:29
What was wrong with the advertising ? This is the truth , you dont see many western men walking hand in hand with someone their own age here do you ? 60+ loves 18+ - 18+ needs the money . Everyone is happy .

latintopxxx
April 29th, 2014, 05:11
I live in Europe and the overwhelming opinion is that any single man (or group of men) travelling toThailand (not only Pattaya) are going there for sex...and sex only. No matter how many pics of palaces, temples, jungles and fliiping elephants I show them...they all know the truth.

Surfcrest
April 29th, 2014, 15:35
I think you may be reading too much into the description. Nighttours has been around for a long time and, from their name you can guess that they give out advice on what a gay man can do in various cities at night. If you were into "rent boys" as many readers of nighttours might be, it would be good to know what the offerings were in advance...especially if you were into / or not into that type of "rent boy". Didn't Spartacus give out those sorts of descriptions of the scene in various cities once upon a time?

I've always found it interesting, when a friend or a group of gay friends arrives in Thailand from back home for a visit and I take them to see a "bar" for the first time. Whether they are into Asians or into young (looking) guys...for them this unique destination might be the ideal choice. There's still going to be the traffic of tourists coming to Thailand for the beaches, the sun or just to cross if off their list...and some of these tourists are going to be gay. Some are going to find the country as we have and other are not. That's just what Thailand offers and there's stiff (pardon the pun) competition out there for the gay tourist $ in the world and Thailand isn't even really trying.

Surfcrest