PDA

View Full Version : Owner Two Guys Guesthouse news & views Pattaya

lonelywombat
April 25th, 2014, 13:39
At last the owner has put his newsletter on his website

Are you used to being treated as Invisible in the Gay bars and clubs at home?

That is the opening para

http://www.twoguysguesthouse.info/

Halfhansum
April 25th, 2014, 16:54
Looks like very good value at those prices, with breakfast included ...
Anyone know what the breakfast is like ?

lonelywombat
April 25th, 2014, 17:01
I have eaten there and not bad value. The big advantage is to sit down with friendly locals that bring you up to date on what is happening.

Breakfast at 120 baht is not expensive, compared to local knowledge.

paperboy
April 25th, 2014, 17:17
hi
i always stay there now, with john, Such a great place and location is spot on.
The rooms ive all had have been great.
Im booked back in there in june, on my way back from cambodia
also its great to sit down and have a chat with the boys and john over a lovely breakie
see you all soon

bing
April 27th, 2014, 03:03
I have stayed at Two Guys several times and will do so on my next trip in Oct., I find the location close to Sunee Plaza to be ideal and enjoy the breakfasts along with chatting with whoever is in the lobby area at the time. Always a friendly group.
Since Howard's Closed this has been my base of operations.

lonelywombat
April 27th, 2014, 14:08
John has sent out this afternoon an attachment that did not go out to everybody subscribed for his newsletter. He has some delicious photos of a naked shower routine in a local bar.

However it is in PDF and I cannot get it to post . If others have received it would you please post.

catawampuscat
April 27th, 2014, 14:32
Location.. The preponderance of Arab hookah caf├йs and hotels catering to Arabs turns off many non-Arabs . Two guys is right in
center of little Arab town. No lift (elevator ) is the other issue for many gay older farangs. No question it's a
friendly place but only for those who are tolerant of staying on an Arab dominated Soi and have no issue with stairs.

witchhunt
April 27th, 2014, 18:26
catawampuscat I am a bit lost from your remarks. Yes the local Arab coffee bars are to some unfriendly. Yet I have called in to TwoGuys and had good service, good breakfasts and no hassle.
Why are you so bitchy? The company in TwoGuys, the conversations and making new friends are well worth the visit. The Arabs are friendly but maybe the ones with the charcoal are more aggressive.
To be frank I have called into several Arab coffee shops to have a wholesome meal with no grog. A plus for me. I find it hard sometimes to pass a drink or three.

daf4
April 27th, 2014, 20:01
Stayed there a couple of times really enjoyed and one of the best things was the banter at breakfast ,I actually learned a lot while staying there and John and staff even the customers popping in for a cup of Tetley all very helpfull

catawampuscat
April 27th, 2014, 20:57
catawampuscat I am a bit lost from your remarks. Yes the local Arab coffee bars are to some unfriendly. Yet I have called in to TwoGuys and had good service, good breakfasts and no hassle.
Why are you so bitchy? The company in TwoGuys, the conversations and making new friends are well worth the visit. The Arabs are friendly but maybe the ones with the charcoal are more aggressive.
To be frank I have called into several Arab coffee shops to have a wholesome meal with no grog. A plus for me. I find it hard sometimes to pass a drink or three.

So bitchy? :-$
Facts are facts. Some farangs have a problem with the location. Some farangs have a problem with no lift.
Calling someone a bitch for stating facts is bitchy.
I eat in Two Guys occasionally and have no problem with
all the Arabs but some do have an issue.
I would recommend Two Guys to those on tight budgets.

christianpfc
April 27th, 2014, 23:28
Anyone know what the breakfast is like ?

You can choose several kinds, I had toast or pancake or muesli with tea and fruit juce and was always happy.

I would recommend Two Guys to those on tight budgets.

I have stayed at Two Guys several times over the years, it is good value for money and I would recommend it to friends without reservation. But there are places that are cheaper.

lukylok
April 28th, 2014, 01:56
But there are places that are cheaper.
It's always possible to find cheaper.
If you forego quality.
But is that a purpose in life ?
Having the satisfaction : I spent 5 bahts less !!!!
Or : I had a good satisfying time and everybody was happy ?
Money pinching cannot be a philosophy, unless you have no other choice.

travelerjim
April 28th, 2014, 04:53
I highly recommend Two Guys Guesthouse...
Staff & Owner John always make you feel relaxed & welcomed.
Have stayed there many times in past...

Great place to stay and to have one of their good breakfasts.
I like their French Toast...just like Mom made it...delicious.

Many fellas to meet up with and share happenings in and around Pattaya/Thailand.

tj

paulg
April 28th, 2014, 06:17
Location.. The preponderance of Arab hookah caf├йs and hotels catering to Arabs turns off many non-Arabs . Two guys is right in
center of little Arab town. No lift (elevator ) is the other issue for many gay older farangs. No question it's a
friendly place but only for those who are tolerant of staying on an Arab dominated Soi and have no issue with stairs.

I walk down past twoguys to go to sunee and tukcom both daytime and at night. you are
making the place seem like it is all arab not a problem. soivc and soi yensabai all now have arab places.

travelerjim
April 30th, 2014, 08:39
Good grief...
Arab businesses are all over the Sunee area...
and expanding in Pattaya.

I can't even imaging NOT wanting to go to or stay at Two Guys
just because there were Arab/Middle Eastern businesses in the area.

In fact, I have found the Middle Eastern fellas quite caring...as I use a 4 wheeled walker.
They are among the first to offer assist to me when I am trying to use steps up into - or from a business.

I enjoyed breakfast Tuesday at Two Guys...delicious...2 egg omelet with diced ham & cheese,
fried potatoes, toast, hot coffee, orange juice...129 Thai baht.

Thanks to John & Staff...I'll be back for another of your breakfasts soon ;)

tj

Dboy
April 30th, 2014, 10:51
Staying at Two Guys doesn't have to be about budget..My usual routine lately is to stay at 2G in Pattaya during the week and then stay at either Babylon or OmYim on the weekends. Two Guys is good cuz its good, not good cuz its cheap (imo).