PDA

View Full Version : Car Service - Taxi

bucknaway
April 18th, 2014, 13:48
I contacted Mr.Toom for Taxi Service from Bangkok to Pattaya on Saturday and was informed his staff was off for the Songkran festival. I searched and found the email address for Mr T Taxi Service and I am waiting to hear back.

Anyone know of another service not based in Pattaya worth trying for the taxi ride to Pattaya?

bucknaway
April 18th, 2014, 15:37
Just heard back from MR T
No cars available......
Oh the drama haha

dab69
April 18th, 2014, 16:53
you can flag down any taxi in BKK.
1500 is standard fare to Pattaya.

coming into Pattaya you will see a man on motorbike wave to the BKK taxi.
he will have your taxi follow him to your hotel you specify

arsenal
April 18th, 2014, 20:43
No taxis available. Another good reason to avoid the horrors of Songkran, otherwise known as legalised thuggery.

bucknaway
April 19th, 2014, 06:42
I downloaded the app grabtaxi and used it to find and book a taxi once I put in my pickup and drop off locations. The app gave me the min max cost range and when I agreed I clicked accept and my request went out to 88 local drivers and when a driver accepted the fare the app notified me and shortly after the driver called me to confirm cost, time and pickup.

April 19th, 2014, 07:02
I downloaded the app grabtaxi and used it to find and book a taxi once I put in my pickup and drop off locations. The app gave me the min max cost range and when I agreed I clicked accept and my request went out to 88 local drivers and when a driver accepted the fare the app notified me and shortly after the driver called me to confirm cost, time and pickup.Did he speak English?

dab69
April 19th, 2014, 07:27
And I just flagged down the first one to drive by, told him Pattaya.
He said 1500 bT, so we took off.

He didn't speak English- WGAF?

frankyberlin
April 19th, 2014, 07:39
use the
http://www.pttaxiservice.com/
cheap price and good service

bucknaway
April 19th, 2014, 08:27
Thanks for the info. I just didn't want to flag down the first taxi I saw. I wanted to have an agreement established as to what they would do and what I would pay. :)

dab69
April 20th, 2014, 16:48
I wanted to have an agreement established as to what they would do and what I would pay. :)

I did that -I just flagged down a taxi. :ymsmug:

This app worked in Pattaya as well.
All in under three minutes.

christianpfc
April 20th, 2014, 23:38
I downloaded the app grabtaxi and used it to find and book a taxi once I put in my pickup and drop off locations. The app gave me the min max cost range and when I agreed I clicked accept and my request went out to 88 local drivers and when a driver accepted the fare the app notified me and shortly after the driver called me to confirm cost, time and pickup.
Everyone who thinks I am anal/fussy/pedantic about some subjects, please read the above paragraph (How Bucky Gets A Taxi) again!

I wanted to have an agreement established as to what they would do and what I would pay. :)
Without context, I would think you talk about hiring a sex worker, not a taxi.

April 21st, 2014, 06:43
I wanted to have an agreement established as to what they would do and what I would pay. :)Without context, I would think you talk about hiring a sex worker, not a taxi.Same same.

Jellybean
April 21st, 2014, 07:25
Without context, I would think you talk about hiring a sex worker, not a taxi.[/quote]
Hey ChristianPFC I think youтАЩre slipping! The context was the preceding sentence, тАЬI just didn't want to flag down the first taxi I saw.тАЭ Think youтАЩd better get back to Thailand double quick! =P~

And Bucky, sorry, I have to say it, but you donтАЩt half fanny around and make the simplest of subjects appear difficult. :ymparty:

bucknaway
April 21st, 2014, 08:04
It was difficult. Every taxi service I contacted was not working that day. I am glad I remembered I downloaded that Taxi App. I read about the app in a Thai News Website and it came in handy :)

dab69
April 21st, 2014, 10:20
can hardly wait for the "how is the weather outside post?"

ask online for help
read online where all weather is unavailable- being gone home for songran
read Thai newsletter to find weather app
search for app,
download app
install app
type in location parameters
click send
report how easy it is to use weather app online

****OR****

"go outside and look up in the sky""

bucknaway
April 21st, 2014, 11:34
eh, whatever.... ;)

christianpfc
April 21st, 2014, 23:17
It was difficult. Every taxi service I contacted was not working that day. I am glad I remembered I downloaded that Taxi App. I read about the app in a Thai News Website and it came in handy :)
Bucky, you don't have to contact a taxi service. Just flag a taxi down on the road. That's what I do (haven't been to Pattaya by taxi yet, but that shouldn't be a problem).

bucknaway
April 22nd, 2014, 03:03
It's done, I'm here and booked with Mr. T for my trip back to Bangkok.