PDA

View Full Version : My Favorite Bar in Sunnee WAS....What WAS Yours?

thaiguest
April 17th, 2014, 02:18
Mine WAS HOLIDAY 2 opposite present day Nice Boys-now a laundry I think.

Why? Because it summed up everyting that stood for sleezy Sunnee except for under-age.

The place stank, the boys were rough, some old, some ugly but it was fun to watch the chuck-wow competition whereby the first guy to auk naam got 100 baht from the paying customer and this was on the table nearest to the customer that paid the piper!

Like it or not the likes will never be seen again!

llz
April 17th, 2014, 04:22
Threezone Bar (now U-Turn Bar) - I went there at first because one of my favourite boys freelanced there, and then I met many other boys, and finally my boyfriend since 2003 ... It became the place where I liked to hang out watching the world go by and chatting with the delicious thai owner Phi Kho. They also had many other freelancers or regulars, most very nice guys, and a real family atmosphere.

For sleaze I liked the short-lived bar which was where the Colonial Bar now stands. The bar had no sign but some maps called it "Young Guns", a very appropriate name as you can imagine. Your hands spent more time searching inside the boys'trousers than nursing your beer ; I think they closed in 2002.

Up2U
April 17th, 2014, 17:34
The original Crazy Pub, the old Kaos, and K Boys (Nice Boys). Lots of fun.

Dboy
April 30th, 2014, 10:38
JimJimmyJames. Whoever ran that place had really good human resources skills.

TravellerDave
May 12th, 2014, 13:35
My all time favorite was the first gay bar I visited which was KAOS in Sunee. It was the start of my first trip to Thailand about 7 years ago and I didn't know what to expect. When I walked in I was the proverbial Kid in the Candy Store. I offed several boys from there in the following days.

Up2U
May 12th, 2014, 17:15
My all time favorite was the first gay bar I visited which was KAOS in Sunee. It was the start of my first trip to Thailand about 7 years ago and I didn't know what to expect. When I walked in I was the proverbial Kid in the Candy Store. I offed several boys from there in the following days.

Kaos was chaos and I loved it.

Manforallseasons
May 12th, 2014, 18:14
1. Kaos
2. Original Krazy Dragon
3. Holiday 2 (Butt Boys)
4) All Boys

Yes wonderful sleeze, great fun, it is amazing how sterile Sunee has become, well nothing lasts for ever. :((

I think the notorious pedo bars caused the end........Amigo, original Sawadtee boys, and the worst of all a small bar next to Amigo hidden by bushes frequented by Germans and the very young, really sickening.

Up2U
May 12th, 2014, 19:45
Just for clarity, there was the original Kaos located opposite the Don Plaza hotel. When Kaos moved it was replaced by Nok Nok. I liked the bars in both locations.

Rene
May 12th, 2014, 20:45
One of the best brief histories of Sunnee was written by Mark who took over Krazy Dragon after his partner Peter died. He posted it on this forum several years ago. I wish I had saved that. It was very accurate.
And yes, Sunnee is absolutely dreadful now. Between the NGOs, and the puritanical gays, it isn't a shadow of its original. Once destroyed, these paradises are never restored to life. R.I.P.
Be careful what you wish for.

scottish-guy
May 13th, 2014, 23:21
Can I put in a mention for Super Queen!

:ymparty:

colmx
May 14th, 2014, 01:28

BF used to call the show in Super Queen the "show Fart"
-Cigarette smoking from the ass
-Darts popping baloons from the ass
-Razor blades from the ass
-Turn the bottle of fanta into coke via the ass
-Ugly guy fucks uglier camp guy in the ass

It was so unpleasant i had to go back another night to make sure i hadn't dreamt it all!

As for favourite bars in Sunee one of mine will always be the beer bar that was located out of Sunee on Soi VC (where the family mart is now)
Got caught there in a torrential rain storm one october night with a farang friend...it was 1am so almost closing time in Sunee and we were on teh way to See K.Toi sing in the Cafe Royale

When we told the host boys about our earlier visit to Crazy pub (with the old gameof 100B in a cup for the first to cum) they were eager to emulate...
A lot of money was spent on drinks and tips that night.... and a lot of sperm was wantonly wasted! Unfortunately the bar was closed by the time my next visit came around!

In terms of Gogo bars K.Boys (now the Nice boys premises)was always one of my favourites

dab69
May 14th, 2014, 07:01

BF used to call the show in Super Queen the "show Fart"
-Cigarette smoking from the ass
-Darts popping baloons from the ass
-Razor blades from the ass
-Ugly guy fucks uglier camp guy in the ass

wow I was rEally drunk and it was really dark.
I thought it was a pussy show...

still remember looking at all the old (non-functional?) disco lights
and wowed by all the history that must have happened there.

Gaybutton
May 14th, 2014, 07:17
For go-go bars I always liked KAOS, the original Crazy Pub, and Euro Boys. For beer bars I always liked Corner Bar when Michael and Thomas were running it.

neddy3
May 14th, 2014, 07:18

Someone's got a good memory!

Must be many years ago now.

Up2U
May 14th, 2014, 10:02

I remember SQ and their shows were really raunchy. I took a friend back one evening to see the show and we were denied access. Women only! the doorman explained. Well we're women we replied jokingly, but that didn't work. This was the first time I experienced discrimination in Thailand and in all places Sunee Plaza. The bar started catering to women's tour groups and it closed a short time later.

scottish-guy
May 14th, 2014, 14:41
SQ was the first bar in SP I ever visited, so that would be about 1999/2000. As Colmx related the show featured both m and f and consisted of the "egg up the bum" routine, the "ribbon of needles up the fanny" routine, darts being fired out of one orifice or another (can't remember which) to burst balloons, a fuck show, fanny smoking, and other such delights. I was rather gobsmacked to say the least.

I also remember a visit to Kaos or Krazy Boys (unsure which) around that time (it may have been show time) where the boys walked around naked and took turns standing on the bar to wank off and would squirt in your direction for a tip. Of course, yours truly just had to stand at the bar and after several boys had "performed" I remember having to be handed a stack of paper towels to wipe my arms down.

See, you just don't get high class entertainment like that any more.

:))

anonone
May 14th, 2014, 17:49
Fun stories.
Sounds like I missed a lot as a late-comer to Thailand.

Manforallseasons
May 15th, 2014, 03:08
Fun stories.
Sounds like I missed a lot as a late-comer to Thailand.

Around 90%.........also around Sunee, who can forget "Studio Boys" before Mosaik, the Elephants walking around Sunee as well as the outrages people the plaza attracted, the 24 hour bar, the pool when Monty had it etc. it's over but it was great while it lasted.

Smiles
May 15th, 2014, 04:11
" ... who can forget "Studio Boys" before Mosaik, the Elephants walking around Sunee as well as the outrages people the plaza attracted, the 24 hour bar, the pool when Monty had it etc ... "
and ... drunks locking themselves into beer bar's toilets then trying to kick their way out.
What colour! What exuberance!!

Gaybutton
May 15th, 2014, 07:05
Around 90%.........also around Sunee, who can forget "Studio Boys" before Mosaik
I remember there was always confusion as to whether it was called 'Studio Boys' or 'Boys Studio.' To tell the truth, I've forgotten which it actually was.

On the same soi there was also a relatively short lived bar, about a year and a half, called Playboy. Don't forget the ones that were on Soi Day-Night. There was a go-go bar connected to the Day-Night Hotel - the one Mr. Quill was associated with for a time - I think it was called 'Birdcage' or something like that. There were two or three other go-go bars also on Soi Day-Night. It's been so long now that most of the names escape me, but I do remember that it was hard to get people to go to them. Despite the fact that the boards tried to encourage people to go to those bars too, few ever did. In those days Pattaya had so many go-go bars that most people were either in Boyztown-Pattayaland or Sunee Plaza, but most of the Soi Day-Night bars were virtually ignored.

In Sunee Plaza there was Nok Nok, Spotlight, Jungle Boys, Top Man, and Legun. When KAOS changed hands, it became Villa Rouge.

There was also a go-go bar on Second Road, close to Boyztown, called 'Moonlight.' Anybody remember that one? It was one of my favorites. Now it's long gone.

Up2U
May 15th, 2014, 08:57
Anyone remember the goldfish show upstairs at the old Gentleman's Club? I realize it's not Sunee but since we were talking about raunchy shows it was worth a mention.

Up2U
May 15th, 2014, 09:12
Around 90%.........also around Sunee, who can forget "Studio Boys" before Mosaik
I remember there was always confusion as to whether it was called 'Studio Boys' or 'Boys Studio.' To tell the truth, I've forgotten which it actually was.

On the same soi there was also a relatively short lived bar, about a year and a half, called Playboy. Don't forget the ones that were on Soi Day-Night. There was a go-go bar connected to the Day-Night Hotel - the one Mr. Quill was associated with for a time - I think it was called 'Birdcage' or something like that. There were two or three other go-go bars also on Soi Day-Night. It's been so long now that most of the names escape me, but I do remember that it was hard to get people to go to them. Despite the fact that the boards tried to encourage people to go to those bars too, few ever did. In those days Pattaya had so many go-go bars that most people were either in Boyztown-Pattayaland or Sunee Plaza, but most of the Soi Day-Night bars were virtually ignored.

In Sunee Plaza there was Nok Nok, Spotlight, Jungle Boys, Top Man, and Legun. When KAOS changed hands, it became Villa Rouge.

There was also a go-go bar on Second Road, close to Boyztown, called 'Moonlight.' Anybody remember that one? It was one of my favorites. Now it's long gone.

The old Moonlight, the original Starboys and Charlie Boys were some of favorite bars in the greater BT area.

I was underwhelmed with those Day Nite bars. When Lek from BBB opened Lek Boys I though the area might take off. Didn't happen. There was also the original Funny Boys, World Boys to name a few. I never had the chance to go into the Birdcage (Lek Boys).

arsenal
May 15th, 2014, 10:49
There was a huge gogo bar just across from JJ Karaoke. I bet it opened and closed without most people even realising it was there. The Corner bar will one day return to it's former self. It was fantastic for 5 years.

Smiles
May 15th, 2014, 11:24
" ... The Corner bar will one day return to it's former self. It was fantastic for 5 years ... "
I've wondered about that myself. The Corner Bar should be going great guns if the old retail saying that "location, location, location" is everything.
Apparently not, as Corner has the location to beat all in Sunnee. The owner(s), whoever he/they is/are a getting something terribly wrong.

Gaybutton
May 15th, 2014, 18:24
the original Starboys and Charlie Boys were some of favorite bars
I'm embarrassed to admit that until your post, I completely forgot about both of them. And I did like those bars.

I also remember, somewhere along Thappraya at kind of an obscure location, the first swimming pool show bar opened. It didn't last very long. I get to be embarrassed a second time - I can't remember the exact location or the name of the bar.

And it wasn't a go-go bar, but many liked the ICON. Remember it? Was anyone here other than me at the ICON their final night?

TravellerDave
May 15th, 2014, 20:31
When I first started spending time in Sunee 7 or 8 years ago, bars came, went and changed their name frequently.
Kaos became Villa Rouge, which I think closed after a police raid. The business and boys seemed to transfer to the Sundance Gogo, which itself closed following yet another raid.
I'm not sure if I have my facts straight but I agree that Sunee is now a shadow of its former wild self.
I don't understand why Euro Boys closed and remains closed. It always was a popular and busy bar and didn't appear to be tainted by the underage issue. it was my second favourite after Kaos.

Gaybutton
May 15th, 2014, 22:29
I don't understand why Euro Boys closed and remains closed.
The story I have is the owner went back to his home country due to illness, but for whatever reasons he still pays the rent. If that is the correct story, I have no idea why.

francois
May 15th, 2014, 23:12
Did anyone mention Y2K Bar in Sunee area and Siam in Day Night across from Day Night Hotel as I recall.

colmx
May 16th, 2014, 01:50
GBs post above has helped jog some of my other memories of the SP area

Soi Day Night
There was originally a gogo bar called jolly boys across from Boys Studio and under same ownership - it was the first gogo bar i ever visited in pattaya and shortly after became "Blue House massage by Jolly boys" - if you look at the current Blue house sign you will see it still has "jolly boys" in small print - as i believe thats the business name

Lek had aother bar called nautlilius which was across the street from the Main Lek Bar in the Day Night area
(not to be confused with nautlilius bar from years earlier in North Pattaya)

There was also butterfly karaoke in that same street - it was one of Pattayas first thai-for-thai gay after hours venues....

And of course the original Funny boys was there under Mama Rose, before they opened Funny Boys 2 in BT, both ran in paralell for around a year or so

Outside Sunee:
There was originally bar called Boy Zone, it then became All Boys and finally Playboy, i was in the street east of Sunee (the one that currently hosts the Austrian embassy)

Does anyone remember Butts bar? It was the original name for Holiday gogo and was run by the same people and in terms of Chuk wow shows it was second only to Crazy Pub

What about Mandate, a gogo bar in the ground floor of Centre Condo!

Inside Sunee
There was also Le Filou, it is the current Ouds cafe building. A very strange gogo bar, almost run as a gentlemans club for teh french (or was he swiss) owner and his friends. Outsiders were definately made to feeel like outsiders there!

Marsilius
May 16th, 2014, 04:58
I also remember, somewhere along Thappraya at kind of an obscure location, the first swimming pool show bar opened. It didn't last very long. I get to be embarrassed a second time - I can't remember the exact location or the name of the bar.

Surely the first swimming pool show was at Nautilus in North Pattaya, closing in about 1994, I think.

The second, as far as I know, was just below Chaloem Phrakiat park and the police station on the hill coming down from the roundabout that leads to Cosy Beach and the Royal Cliff. That quickly became a bar where girls swam in the pool.

bucknaway
May 16th, 2014, 05:03
I wish I had seen George's bar. He didn't have it for long but I heard it was nice

Gaybutton
May 16th, 2014, 07:05
Surely the first swimming pool show was at Nautilus in North Pattaya, closing in about 1994, I think.
I could be wrong, but I could the one I'm thinking of was on the way to the beach. My memory is bad, but it isn't that bad. At least I hope not.

I do remember All Boy, but I never really thought of that place as a true go-go bar.

Up2U
May 16th, 2014, 09:22
I could be wrong, but I could the one I'm thinking of was on the way to the beach. My memory is bad, but it isn't that bad. At least I hope not.

I do remember All Boy, but I never really thought of that place as a true go-go bar.

Sure it is not the one Marsiluis mentioned on Pratumnak? I never made it to Nautilus. There were other bars I missed out on that had raunchy shows, Boy Tropolis which was near Mutleys and Ods Spot. There were also bars on Soi 15 I missed. Of course all these places are now part of Pattaya gay history.

Gaybutton
May 16th, 2014, 11:02
Sure it is not the one Marsiluis mentioned on Pratumnak?
No, I'm not sure. Maybe it is. My memory is, shall we say, imperfect - and maybe worse than I thought. But I don't remember it becoming a girl bar. Wherever it was, it's long gone now. Does anyone remember the name?

bing
May 16th, 2014, 22:29
If you don't mind going back about 20 years,,, Memory Bar in North Pattaya was the best for sleaze at the midnight show. The XXX bar where Krazy Draon took up residence was also nice for the jo competition also about midnight. For Years the Krazy Dragon was primo for me and now with advancing age I find the easy sleaze of Eros is fine for me. Also if I find a boy who works at a bar, that becomes my favorite for a while.
Over the years, any of the bars that Monty ran were high on my list of where to enjoy a beer. It is all good in Pattaya.

Marsilius
May 16th, 2014, 23:03
Sure it is not the one Marsiluis mentioned on Pratumnak?
No, I'm not sure. Maybe it is. My memory is, shall we say, imperfect - and maybe worse than I thought. But I don't remember it becoming a girl bar. Wherever it was, it's long gone now. Does anyone remember the name?

I may be way off here, but was it called Octopus?

Surfcrest
May 16th, 2014, 23:53
I recall the Nautilus, they had some nice shows...I don't remember anything raunchy, but that was a long time ago.
The Ballpark another doozy not far away from the Nautilus, had all the raunchy stuff and more...I'm just not guessing they got a lot of "offs" after the shows.
There was also the huge Adam's Apple (think it became Madam Ed's), somewhere between Boyztown and North Pattaya.

As for Sunee...the original Crazy Pub was my favorite place to bring friends to.
For a beer with friends, was...and still is the Sunee Plaza Pub.

Surfcrest

Marsilius
May 17th, 2014, 00:10
Yes, the shows at Ball Park were quite something! For those who didn't know it, it was on the east side of Second Road, just north of the intersection with Pattaya Klang.

And, re. my post above, a friend has confirmed that the hillside swimming-in-a-tank boy bar that became a girly bar was called Octopus.

Gaybutton
May 17th, 2014, 01:15
I may be way off here, but was it called Octopus?
I think that might be right. It does ring a bell. You're also probably right about the location too. The more I think about it, it can't be the location I'm remembering.

Shuee
June 6th, 2014, 23:47
boy Esan was good for me not a gogo but some cute guys to be had here, until jjjames expanded as a double unit & was not more, holiday2 was fun also!

Oliver
June 7th, 2014, 11:03
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Cockpit. It was the first bar in Pattaya I visited. Lots of cute dancers and a show - no, not that sort of show.
I'm embarrassed to recall that I was so green in those days that it wasn't until the next day that, thanks to doorman who corrected me, I realised that the girls weren't girls.

thaiguest
June 13th, 2014, 03:40
As I had hoped this topic has run well. All we need is a little nudge and all the sleeze pours out like s--t from a goose. Who's up for pulling it all together for a final Sunnee Swansong? Title suggestions please...NO NOT "The Sunnee Side of Life" please! Mr MFAS.!

Dick
June 14th, 2014, 07:50

Be-Jesus! Sounds like a bit of a miracle.
I much prefer the wine!

gregvc
June 14th, 2014, 11:46
In other words, pattaya is nothing like it was. The worry is, as expressed on another thread, that this govt will launch a "clean" campaign as in mr purachais time, in an effort to improve the image of thailand.

gregvc
June 14th, 2014, 13:36
On the beach now 1.30pm saturday. 12 in our section including 4 boys. Very very quiet a nd many many closed businesses, bars and shops

Up2U
June 14th, 2014, 13:59
On the beach now 1.30pm saturday. 12 in our section including 4 boys. Very very quiet a nd many many closed businesses, bars and shops
You are right;I have never seen the beach this quiet, today was not a beach day, windy and dark threatening skies.

Up2U
June 14th, 2014, 14:05
In other words, pattaya is nothing like it was. The worry is, as expressed on another thread, that this govt will launch a "clean" campaign as in mr purachais time, in an effort to improve the image of thailand.
We are speculating as to the outcome, if history repeats itself this crackdown could be short lived, after all the military needs the cooperation of the police too. Ending corruption will be a long and tedious process.

Manforallseasons
June 14th, 2014, 23:21
I've lived here now going on 11 years have seen more raids than I can remember but this time it feels different I do believe the new government takes the negative image of the sex industry very seriously and has the motivation to change the status quo, and gay tourism makes up such a small amount and has already gotten significantly smaller it makes economic sense to begin there, as well as politically it looks good !

thaiguest
June 15th, 2014, 08:42
You are right;I have never seen the beach this quiet, today was not a beach day, windy and dark threatening skies.
"...and dark threatening skies" over gay Thailand only or over all Thailand-that is the question.
MFAS is (obviously) of no doubt that the sands of time have run out for the gay utopia we've all taken for granted...he may well be right.
But I sorely miss the military pillbox near Lumpini that has now been removed since the end of curfew in BKK-my God the boys were so cute in that camouflaged little hut...had curfew lasted even one more day my efforts to have one of them in the Rose Hotel would have paid off I feel sure. My favorite one, when taking my gift of coke, scraped his long fingernail along the inside and secret side of my palm. O Lord what have I lost!