View Full Version : Copa Hotel in Boystown

louis501
April 10th, 2014, 09:22
I stayed here for a few days last month. The room was great; I booked one of the penthouse suites which was very large, comfortably furnished and had a terrace, shared with the neighbours, which overlooked the action. At approximately 3000 baht per night it was good value considering how much space you got. The location is also good if you want to be in the thick of things.

My only criticism of the place was about the receptionist - pretty unfriendly. When I checked in there was no greeting or small talk or smile or offer to help me with my luggage (or even to find someone else to help me), he just gave me the key and turned back to fiddling with his phone. I don't think the problem was his ability to communicate in English, he just couldn't be bothered. Check out was the same.

corky
April 10th, 2014, 14:01
The lack of assistance with luggage is the reason I no longer stay at Copa.
Everything else is fine with the place but the complete disinterest in this basic formality, or even the offer of assistance, has lost them my custom.

Halfhansum
April 10th, 2014, 14:49
Jeeesss ....
If i was paying 3,000 Bht a night, i would expect to be treated like royalty ...lol
I stay in 500 a night guest houses, and have always been treated very well ...

Oliver
April 10th, 2014, 15:04
I was most impressed with the rooms when I was "scouting" them for a friend.
The Copa is more of a serviced apartment block than a hotel; this suits some and not others.

scottish-guy
April 10th, 2014, 15:14
I agree with the OP on the quality of the accom - I was very satisfied when I stayed there (also in one of the penthouse suites). On an obsessive note, all the light bulbs worked (pet peeve of mine when there are non-working light bulbs in hotel rooms)!

On the luggage front - there's a lift approx 9 feet from the reception desk (if that), so I did not look for/require assistance with luggage - but I appreciate others have different requirements.

B-)

corky
April 10th, 2014, 16:23
On the luggage front - there's a lift approx 9 feet from the reception desk (if that)

We must be thinking of different Copa's.
The reception desk is just inside the door - about 9 feet from the road.
The lift is at the back of the building about 15 metres from the reception desk.

Once you have lugged 3 bags from the taxi through the door to the reception, then to the back of the building, then into the lift and again out of the lift, you then have to walk down the corridor with your bags to the room and put them on the luggage stand. For 2000+ Baht a night a little help at the arrival stage would be appreciated and create a great deal of good will. As it is, it has engendered the opposite.

Nirish guy
April 10th, 2014, 17:21
This is what a lot of Asian people call a "first world problem".

scottish-guy
April 10th, 2014, 17:31
OK Corky - my recollection was that the lift was round a corner to the right of the reception desk. Maybe I'm confusing the lift position with LCR

Dick
April 10th, 2014, 18:58
Vote with your feet!
Make your feelings known to the management, but better still put it in writing on Trip Advisor so that other would be guests can learn from your experience.
http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g293919-d1972798-Reviews-Copa_Pattaya-Pattaya_Chonburi_Province.html

rincondog
April 10th, 2014, 21:41
Try traveling with fewer bags, are you some kind of Diva.

scottish-guy
April 10th, 2014, 23:07
Try traveling with fewer bags, are you some kind of Diva.

Bags?

Bags?

BAGS?

I'll have you know it's matched luggage you bitch!!

X(

lexus
April 11th, 2014, 15:39
I just finished an 8 day stay at the Copa also in one of there penthouse suites. I was checked in promptly and even had one of the Copa Massage boys bring up my luggage.

I have stayed several times at the Copa and will happily return again. When I needed extra items for the room, they were always delivered quickly and with a smile from the staff.

stkyricesf
April 12th, 2014, 10:16
Although I have not stayed at the Copa yet, only because I have stayed at Caf├й Royale since 1998, Have watch both websites, I know they have the same rooms since the hotel's have split. I love both establishments.

frequentfliers
April 12th, 2014, 20:43
Have always enjoyed the Copa,never a problem.

goji
April 13th, 2014, 04:28
Are there any problems sleeping with noise from the bars & the street?

Doofus
April 13th, 2014, 14:23
When I stayed at copa, the 9:30pm "what lies beneath" music started I could hear it - that was my cue to start my night, when there was a late night party I could also hear it, so I joined the party.
Mind u, I was staying in the cheap room (level 1 view of the soi) back in 2013, and will probably be staying there again in Janurary 2015, but in a higher level room.

bucknaway
April 13th, 2014, 23:54
I had good memories of the Lacafe Royal Hotel Stay from years ago. I ran away from the Boyztown gay ghetto. It's a nice place to party but I don't want to stay there.

christianpfc
April 14th, 2014, 15:13

A short and funny post from Nirish guy, that's a first. Congratulations! Hope to see more of these.

scottish-guy
April 14th, 2014, 16:03

A short and funny post from Nirish guy, that's a first. Congratulations! Hope to see more of these.

This from a guy who posts his itemised shopping lists?

:))

Nirish guy
April 14th, 2014, 17:37

Yes I was going to add that once a German starts congratulating my on achieving something humourous I know things have really gone awry !

And actually Christian the humour you enjoyed was actually more intended as a gentle dig at the OP basically saying if you think carrying a bag upstairs is a "problem" then you really haven't anything to complain about compared to some other people in the world. But still I'm glad you enjoyed it none the less and just to get you even more happy I bought chicken rice last night - 60 baht, a LARGE bowl of rice and SEVEN quite thick sliced pieces of chicken! Great value.

( note - for clarity Christian this isn't humour it's sarcasm just in case you're not quite sure:-)

Ps - Christian I read your exploits here in Bkk with interest / amazement always but I have to tell you that yesterday I had three fucks, one massage guy with his 1000 baht tip and the other two free, which by your logic will of course average out at 333.33 baht for three consistently hot enjoyable and complete fucks with no drama attached, which if I'm not mistaken you've been here almost a year a haven't been able to achieve yet - you really are going to have to try harder I think as your German work ethic must be slipping !

Patanawet
April 19th, 2014, 19:54
[quote="Nirish guy":1g0hloan]This is what a lot of Asian people call a "first world problem".

This from a guy who posts his itemised shopping lists?

:))[/quote:1g0hloan]
Be fair though ----- those shopping lists were hilarious.
And don't get me going about his block diagrams and flow charts.