PDA

View Full Version : October visit.

billy2bs
April 10th, 2014, 02:26
Well it seeems that I cannot get to LOS for Songkran and must delay until October. I am wondering what the weather will be like at that time. Is it not still the rainy season or has that passed on by that time? ThaNKS for any thoughts. I will have to check the weather history.

bucknaway
April 10th, 2014, 03:20
October was always my goto month to visit Thailand. When I was there last October there was not much rain as I remember.

lukylok
April 10th, 2014, 03:52
The rain season is not finished in October.
But that doesn't mean you cannot have fun. Just carry an umbrella for the little rains, and seek the nearest shelter when it pours.
It never lasts very long.
It really depends wether the monsoon is early or late.

Smiles
April 10th, 2014, 09:33
Agree with lukylok. The rains definitely can strike ~ and hard ~ in October. Hua Hin for example seems to be especially wet in that month ... and that's not all that far from Bangkok.
On the positive side, October is one of my favourite months:

Everything smells fresh and clean,
The forests are a greeny green,
And the flowers are a-flowering.
The boys they are de-flowerin'
Umbrellas flapping openin'
The rain on roof over-powerin'
The ocean cool cucumberin'
Sois no need of sweeperin'
'Tis all sweet divine in Octoberin.

Up2U
April 10th, 2014, 11:21
http://www.tmd.go.th/en/climate.php?FileID=7

Speaking as a Pattaya resident, we can get a lot of rain here in October as it is still the rainy season , not so much at Jomtien. If in Bangkok expect daily showers.

Oliver
April 10th, 2014, 15:13
Our October trip to Krabi last October was all but ruined by persistent rain. We knew we were taking a chance. Returning to Pattaya drenched, the rain was less disruptive- and there's more to do undercover.
My impression is that the last two or three Octobers have been worse than those of the previous years. However, circumstances demand that October is one of my Thailand-months and I am not discouraged; a few rainy days don't spoil it for me. But I wouldn't choose a beach resort again at that time of the year.

frequentfliers
April 10th, 2014, 23:53
We were there last october and it rained a bit but did not take from enjoyment

billy2bs
April 11th, 2014, 10:13
so it looks like I better change my date unless i want to go swim in the streets

Jellybean
April 11th, 2014, 11:48
If you enjoy singing and tap dancing, then IтАЩd say October in Thailand will be just fine for you. :ymparty:

christianpfc
April 12th, 2014, 18:38
Every month is a good month to visit Thailand.

(With the exception of April/Songkran, but that's a personal dislike, might not be applicable to you.)

Up2U
April 12th, 2014, 19:33
Every month is a good month to visit Thailand.

(With the exception of April/Songkran, but that's a personal dislike, might not be applicable to you.)

Right on! Just like every month is a good month to visit San Francisco or Paris.

loke
April 12th, 2014, 23:19
If you're here for the weather, October is a month you should avoid. We can have some really nasty thunderstorms with heavy rain in October.

But if you're here for the boys then any month is a good one.

thaiguest
April 15th, 2014, 01:55
Well it seeems that I cannot get to LOS for Songkran and must delay until October. I am wondering what the weather will be like at that time. Is it not still the rainy season or has that passed on by that time? ThaNKS for any thoughts. I will have to check the weather history.

I hope your handle "billy2bs" is not another version of "badboybilly".

That you can write 54 words or there abouts without a spelling mistake (except for "seeems") gives me some hope that the homo-australis-semi-sapiens is not back again to haunt us.

Marsilius
April 17th, 2014, 01:07
The only visit I ever made in October was on my first trip to Thailand in 1993. As we got off the large coach, dropping off passengers at various Pattaya hotels, there was 6"-9" of water in the forecourt of what was then the very newly opened Royal Garden Hotel (now the Marriott). I thought at that point that the holiday was going to be a disaster, but in fact it all drained away within an hour or so - and the Pattaya drainage system in 2014 is far better than it was then. So, in conclusion, I think rainfall is quite likely - but in concentrated bursts that will probably clear up within a short time.

llz
April 17th, 2014, 04:30
Due to work commitments, I always visited Pattaya in October and November and could not complain too much about the weather. Many boys and few customers is a nice situation, especially in October when schools and universities have some holidays, increasing the stream of isan students coming to the beach to supplement their income.