PDA

View Full Version : Why so few postings? Now I know...

focusedinthai
April 8th, 2014, 01:18
In recent months there has been much discussion about why so few people are posting on this forum. Now I know. This will certainly be my last posting. Recently a crazy member of the forum posted ridiculously rude comments about Singaporean people. I am not Singaporean, but I certainly do not think anyone should single out any ethnic group and generalise them as being all the same. This was allowed to go unchecked. I reported the post, only to be notified that the moderator, SurfCrest, simply deleted my report. This shows that he supports racism, which in the end is why many people I know refuse to consider this site as a viable means of Gay and lesbian individuals to support one another in their support of homosexual life in Thailand. I have already sent in a full report of this to most major gay media outlets in Thailand and have already received several replies that they will not tolerate this type of behavior either. I am finished with forums that support such stupidity and blatant racism. If you can't support one another, then just shut up. Most of you are sad and bitter individuals and it is little wonder that fewer than 10 individuals post here on a regular basis. Good riddance.

Surfcrest
April 8th, 2014, 01:47
Unfortunately, "Singaporean" is not a race. Singapore, as we know it, has existed for less than two centuries and consists of Chinese, with some Malays and Indians. The later 3 are indeed races, Singaporean...not.

I receive reports every now and then from members upset about what another member posted. If you don't like what other members have to post, please put them on "Ignore". I have no intention of moderating members, on behalf of other members...unless they are in direct violation of the rules and guidelines.

Surfcrest

(By request...focusedinthai has been deactivated)

lego
April 8th, 2014, 14:35
I think some people really need to lighten up a bit. Yes, some moron wrote something bad about Singaporeans in general, but so what? That's his personal opinion, based on experience or prejudice. If anything, it makes him look like an idiot, but it's no reason for Singaporeans to feel unwelcome.