PDA

View Full Version : Why does the Board Index list no forums?

bruce_nyc
April 5th, 2014, 09:23
If you click on "Board Index" at the top of any page, you're supposed to see a directory of all available forums.... instead, you see no forums at all.

Is this intentional?

I wonder how many new users are leaving in frustration..... because they find no forums on the Board Index...

Or am I missing something?

christianpfc
April 10th, 2014, 20:12
I noticed the same long time ago ("Board index" leads to visitor statistics), but when I click on "Sawatdee Forum", I get a list of sub-forums.

Surfcrest
April 11th, 2014, 00:26
If you scroll to the very top, you will see the drop down tabs, Home, Forum, Search, Nickys, Take Care!!, Contact, Chat, Our Sites, Other Sites and About Us.

The tabs above are clickable tabs, not drop down and their intention is to bring the user to different opening pages.
christianpfc is absolutely correct, Board Index takes you to the initial opening page where all Forums are displayed with visitor statistics, Who is online, as well Forums for the Administrators for us to chat back and forth about the mechanics of the Board.

Once you are at the Board Index, you can click on Sawatdee Forum or any of the sub Forums in that group including Sawatdee Gay Thailand, Gay South East Asia, Gay Romeo Forum, Global Forum, Open Discussion, The Sunday Funnies Collection, The Holding Room and Board Business. The Holding Room is not included in the drop down Forum tabs at the top, because the Holding Room is for members only.

Board Index, Sawatdee Forum or any of the sub Forums are simply opening pages. You can select your "Favorites" to open on any of these pages, which ever one you like to start with.

I hope this explains how it is designed to work!

Surfcrest

elephantspike
April 11th, 2014, 04:23
If you click on "Board Index" at the top of any page, you're supposed to see a directory of all available forums.... instead, you see no forums at all.

Is this intentional?

I wonder how many new users are leaving in frustration..... because they find no forums on the Board Index...

Or am I missing something?

Yes. You are missing the little "+/-" signs at the right of each forum category. click the "+" and it opens the index of subforums and the "+" becomes a "-" click that to collapse that category again. Toggle back and forth as you like. It's a feature that's built-in to our default Simplicity style. I suppose if we were a board with a lot more forum categories this would just make it easier to browse within your desired category without having to scroll as much to get to the bottom or top of the page.

[attachment=1:3lc327v9]boardindex.png[/attachment:3lc327v9]

[attachment=0:3lc327v9]boardindexopen.png[/attachment:3lc327v9]