PDA

View Full Version : Shopping advice requested, bangkok

DOM
March 29th, 2014, 15:24
N├йe to buy some casual clothes on a weekday, would prefer if it is relatively cheap and relatively easy , will be staying both at the royal palace, and Australian embassy sathorrn area. Where to go? Anyone know of a Thai or Madagascar guy to show me around?

Thanks

thaiguest
March 30th, 2014, 01:27
N├йe to buy some casual clothes on a weekday, would prefer if it is relatively cheap and relatively easy , will be staying both at the royal palace, and Australian embassy sathorrn area. Where to go? Anyone know of a Thai or Madagascar guy to show me around?

Thanks

There are nice shops near Victory BTS and National Stadium BTS. Reasonable prices.

Are Madagascar boys particularly good at shopping or what?

lonelywombat
March 30th, 2014, 06:08
Where to go? Anyone know of a Thai or Madagascar guy to show me around?

Thanks
I am also intrigued about your Madagasar boys . Was that a spelling mistake?

Maxxy
March 30th, 2014, 06:52
Do most of my shopping at MBK.

Smiles
March 31st, 2014, 01:52
Yes, by you!
---------------------------------------------

To the original question, i.e casual, cheap, easy. As already mentioned above: MBK MALL is the best bet. Bartering OK in the stalls.
You can get anything you want there, perhaps even the odd Madagascarinian in the 6th floor hong nam, close to the bowling alley.
Best food court in town. http://www.bangkok.com/shopping-mall/mbk.htm

Also you might think about CHATUCHUK MARKET on weekends. They have more there than you could imagine, and bartering is expected. Have never checked out the hong nams for Mada*********Ian's. http://www.bangkok.com/shopping-market/ ... arkets.htm (http://www.bangkok.com/shopping-market/popular-markets.htm)
Both of the places mentioned are just steps away from sky train stations: 'Siam' station for MBK, and 'Mor Chit' for Chatuchuk.

BenCH
March 31st, 2014, 02:47
... just steps away from sky train stations: 'Siam' station for MBK, ...
'National Stadium' station on Silom Line would actually be 'just steps away' for MBK.

2lz2p
March 31st, 2014, 13:30
When in Bangkok, I have shopped for clothes at MBK.

thaiguest
April 1st, 2014, 01:46
Where to go? Anyone know of a Thai or Madagascar guy to show me around?

Thanks

Your being intrigued caused me to become more intrigued so I looked Gay Madagasgar.

If a man has sex with a person who is not "emancipated by marriage" and who is under 21 years of age the punishment is 5 years in prison plus copious amonts of the local currency in fines. Emancipation by marriage for gays is not an option there so would one be mad to go to Madagasgar and would one be safer shopping for the madagasgar boys in Bangkok?

DOM
April 4th, 2014, 15:19
O.P. Here quite desperate actually.
Going to see the biggest crush of my life, from over 30 years ago, want to look not horrible.

Any Thai, German, French, Swahili, anglophone Spanish green, blue or anybody guy willing to go shopping with me at Mbk
On the afternoon of April 22 or anytime on the 23rd or 24th? Just need shirts and trousers, will not be displaying my
Underwear unfortunately.

cameroncat
April 5th, 2014, 08:23
MBK and Platinum are popular with tourists but you will find the best prices at Malls that don't service the Tourist crowd. My Thai friends all shop at Union Mall Soi 1 Lat Phrao Road, near Central Lat Prao. Cheap prices and you are likely to be the only Farang in the Mall.

bruce_nyc
April 5th, 2014, 10:16
All these suggestions are very good. For many things I like MBK. But for clothing (that's not expensive), I've had the best results at H&M or Uniglo. I've found nice looking, nice fitting, reasonably stylish, reasonable quality, clothing at very affordable prices..... and no haggling. And they have real fitting rooms. It's just a little more civilized than trying something on in public, with a tarp curtain pinned up around you, at the weekend market. I like the weekend market for many things.... but not primarily for clothes. Of course, if money is not an issue for you, Siam Paragon has everything you could ever want. This is a very special occasion, after all. Did you say 30 years!?

Curious why you need a boy to shop with you? For his fashion sense? To carry the bags? To show you where the stores are? Or you just like having a boy with you at all times (which is cool too! :-) )?

The reason I ask about the reason for the boy is... It makes a difference for my advice about where to find such a boy.

lego
April 6th, 2014, 01:30
MBK and Platinum are popular with tourists but you will find the best prices at Malls that don't service the Tourist crowd. My Thai friends all shop at Union Mall Soi 1 Lat Phrao Road, near Central Lat Prao. Cheap prices and you are likely to be the only Farang in the Mall.
Same with many of my Thai friends as well, Union Mall is very popular. It's easy enough to get there by MRT (Phahon Yothin station, just one stop from Chatuchak). One thing to keep in mind, however, is sizes. At places like Union Mall, they mostly cater to sizes common in Thailand, so for the tall or overweight ones, going to a touristy place usually offers more choice.

DOM
April 7th, 2014, 21:13
Purpose of the desired guy is to tell me what to buy. I hate shopping, hate looking at myself, live in a world without mirrors.
A guide to show me which stores etc is useful but mostly it is to tell me to buy something.

More than 30 years since I have seen mr better than perfect. I want to see him enough that I might be willing to put up with him seeing me. Anybody able to help? Would just be a couple of hours in the afternoon on April 22', 23 or 24 as i pass,through bangkok. I leave Friday night so no Chukuchak. Mbk ok , or something just a bit more upscale.

Smiles
April 8th, 2014, 01:15
Uh???

Nirish guy
April 8th, 2014, 07:58
Sorry to say it but it sounds more like you need to invest in some self worth and body image counselling than clothes shopping advice as I am QUITE sure there's not a single thing different with you from any one of the rest of us and all that negative stuff you seem to have got going on in your head is exactly that - in your head. You really should work on that for yourself as thought processes like that are so debilitating over a long period of time and lead to all sorts of unhappiness and missed opportunities - like 30 years worth of them perhaps!?.

Anyway, I really hope that you find what you're looking for clothes wise that make you feel good and hope you have a great day out with your old friend, who if he's such a nice a guy as you already believe, will I'm sure be only just delighted to see YOU again too in the first place and he won't care less what you (think) you look like or what you're wearing anyway as trust me on this one, how people see us .....is actually very rarely how WE think we look and is usually much more positive!

Best of luck anyway and hope you have a great day.

lego
April 8th, 2014, 14:30
Add to this that "Mr More than Perfect" will also be 30 years older, not just the OP. His thoughts and fears might be similar. ;)

DOM
April 11th, 2014, 01:25
Still hoping someone will accompany me.

As my looks declined,and as I gained wait, have not bothered much with clothes.

I need something to cover up.

He won't care what I wear, but I meet him in Europe, people dress there, I can't wear a wife beater and swimming trunks.

He still looks perfect, he sent me a picture. He always will be perfect, same eyes, same laugh, same cock. (I won't get to see his cock).

francois
April 11th, 2014, 04:25
I need something to cover up.

Try a kaftan or similar garment; it does wonders for the "big" man.

orson
April 16th, 2014, 10:27
anyone know where to buy big sized (44") pants? i used to get them in xxl shop in silom shopping center, but after the renovation that shop is gone

thaiguest
April 16th, 2014, 12:25
Sorry to say it but it sounds more like you need to invest in some self worth and body image counselling than clothes shopping advice as I am QUITE sure there's not a single thing different with you from any one of the rest of us and all that negative stuff you seem to have got going on in your head is exactly that - in your head. You really should work on that for yourself as thought processes like that are so debilitating over a long period of time and lead to all sorts of unhappiness and missed opportunities - like 30 years worth of them perhaps!?.

Anyway, I really hope that you find what you're looking for clothes wise that make you feel good and hope you have a great day out with your old friend, who if he's such a nice a guy as you already believe, will I'm sure be only just delighted to see YOU again too in the first place and he won't care less what you (think) you look like or what you're wearing anyway as trust me on this one, how people see us .....is actually very rarely how WE think we look and is usually much more positive!

Best of luck anyway and hope you have a great day.

Yes I think Nirish is correct here -there's a deeper issue involved if that's what he means.

But beware of counselling.

I think a few days being naked in the room with a nice boy who accepts you as you are (falang with money, fat or thin) does wonders for the ego.

I'm a sceptic re counselling- many practioners can qualify over a few weekends of study. The main opus operandi is to drag fears up time and time again whereas nature's way is to deploy forgetfulness.

A follow-up study of Lockerbie survivors has found that those families that refused free counselling were far less f--ked-up in the head and heart than those that availed of it.

Shopping therapy might work though also.