PDA

View Full Version : Classic Thai terms for newbies

March 29th, 2014, 08:04
An absolute winner - http://bangkokbois-gay-thailand-blog.co ... ach-other/ (http://bangkokbois-gay-thailand-blog.com/2014/03/28/tinglish-for-sex-tourists-aka-shit-pattaya-sexpats-say-to-each-other/)

catawampuscat
March 29th, 2014, 18:36
A tad over the top and some exaggeration but hits the bullseye . Funny and poignant .

thaiguest
March 30th, 2014, 01:07
Obviously written for consumption by the ex-ex-pats who can't afford to come here any more.

This all old hat.

There are thankfully no street kids in Sunnee Plaza now. (maybe because the ex-ex-pats don't come here any more)
The area is now very well lit.
The area has at least 5 top class restaurants.
The area has some of the best beer bars in Pattaya.
The prices are reasonable there.

I'm sure the terms used by the boys/girls for foreigners have equivalents all over the world.

But I'm happy HERE.

So f--k the begrudgers.

lonelywombat
March 30th, 2014, 10:47
[attachment=0:2h4d06hc]patts-1.jpg[/attachment:2h4d06hc]

History is history Perhaps the date of this pic should be included. Maybe Bangkokbois might do that.

It is maybe 4 probably 6 years ago when Sunee had anything like this. I did not accept it should have been like that and agree with the poilce removing them

I am also aware of farang programs with removal of street kids from Sunee and relocating to orphanages. They have been more pro active in my opinion than the BIB

neddy3
April 2nd, 2014, 14:54
Thaiguest made comments that I think pretty reasonable.

Cannot argue with much.

But 5 top class restaurants??

There are a couple I eat at happily.

But 5 top class?

Tell me more please! I'm missing something here.

thaiguest
April 2nd, 2014, 15:28
Thaiguest made comments that I think pretty reasonable.

Cannot argue with much.

But 5 top class restaurants??

There are a couple I eat at happily.

But 5 top class?

Tell me more please! I'm missing something here.

My, we get real picky in pointing to exagerated inclusion but not at all in pointing to omissions. Ok 5 was a mistake-3 would be nearer the mark (I include OLE for its excellent thai food) but you didn't point out that I forgot to mention a nice new hotel and a beautiful pool and poolside bar with lounging chairs for a token fee per day.

You don't sound like a disgruntled ex-expat which I'm happy about cos we've a lot of them on here from time to time telling us that we should avoid the Sunnee that no longer exists but to which they held on to until they had to let go, for whatever reason.

neddy3
April 2nd, 2014, 18:33
I'm far from an expat, disgruntled or not.

I'm fairly happy with the newer Sunee, and glad some problems are lessened.

Agree with the Thai food at Ole. Think Eldorado is OK.

Any more top class? I'm struggling.

Never thought about going to the pool. Thanks for the idea.

thaiguest
April 3rd, 2014, 01:51
I'm far from an expat, disgruntled or not.

I'm fairly happy with the newer Sunee, and glad some problems are lessened.

Agree with the Thai food at Ole. Think Eldorado is OK.

Any more top class? I'm struggling.

Never thought about going to the pool. Thanks for the idea.

Not sure about Eldorado.
Le bouchon thai comes up to my standard as does Marina and for a 24 hr pre-ordered Coq an Vin or Canard Comfit Sky Bar /Restaurant is not bad.
But no doubt you're still struggling.
This is Sunnee Thailand- don't struggle- you're supposed to expire quietly here.