PDA

View Full Version : Whatever happened to...........

scottish-guy
March 25th, 2014, 20:21
........Lunchtime O'Booze?

:-?

Smiles
March 25th, 2014, 22:46
..... Edith? (The board's ~ any board for that matter ~ quintessential player-of-words, by a long shot)

The Dingo .....?
Manfarang .....?
davey612 .....?
Sanitree Na Pakin .....?
Neal ..... 8-} :-B

The 'Lunchtime O'Booze' handle was the original board name of 'Pearl of the Orient'. I believe he was so overcome by the general fall of communism 20 years ago ~ remember that ~ he gave up posting and now resides in the same never-cleaned upper floor room of the bar in Havana last occupied by Earnest Hemingway, just in case. Pearl's only claim to fame was as a Private in the Spanish Civil War and was last seen trying desperately to push to the front of the line for a ship back to England ... as Franco approached.

lonelywombat
March 26th, 2014, 06:25
Lunchtime O Booze was suggested to me as a international news reporter based in Asia. I have often seen his name from time to time and wondered if it was true.

Sen Yai
March 26th, 2014, 12:51
The 'Lunchtime O'Booze' handle was the original board name of 'Pearl of the Orient'

Some mistake, Shirley?

I think it was Pearl who was the original and O'Booze was just an imposter.

Smiles
March 26th, 2014, 13:43
The 'Lunchtime O'Booze' handle was the original board name of 'Pearl of the Orient'
Some mistake, Shirley?
I think it was Pearl who was the original and O'Booze was just an imposter.
Thanks for pointing that out Sen Yai. Yes, I got my phrasing badly discombobulated. 'Pearl' did indeed came before 'Lunch'.

giggsy
March 26th, 2014, 18:35
What ever happened to FATTMAN. The last I heard was he returned to Ireland after becoming ill. Someone gave an update saying he was seriously ill in hospital but we never heard anything else. Incidentally I think he was the last person to leave SGT and take all his postings with him, a shame because he was one of the most informative posters as well as one of the nicest guys on here. I think he had close to 4000 posts which are all gone forever and no trace he was ever a member.

giggsy
March 26th, 2014, 18:50
Lunchtime O'Booze never got over the killing off of his friend and mentor Homintern. If only he knew that Homintern's creator is alive and well and now posting as Kommentariat and maybe even others.......

Surfcrest
March 27th, 2014, 02:57
The gentleman known as 'Lunchtime O'Booze' was back with us last May, to provide a very nice tribute when John Booth LMTU passed away.

http://sawatdeenetwork.com/forum/rip-john-booth-lmtu-t28709-15.html?hilit=LMTU#p273160

Surfcrest

Smiles
March 27th, 2014, 07:10
" ... Incidentally I think he was the last person to leave SGT and take all his postings with him ... "
mauRICE did the same thing at least twice. Erased everything after one of his elitist hissy fits and poof ... all posts erased. Returned to Sawatdee a year or so later, got into some weird mood and it happened again.
I believe the Admin can erase all a members posts in one shot. But members on this board cannot edit or erase their own posts once a number of hours has passed. After that, I think he'd have to petition the Admin to do that, as mauRICE probably did.

Davey612
March 30th, 2014, 00:16
davey612 .....?

A friend of mine alerted me about the inquiry. I am amazed that I still remember my password, since I don't remember much anymore. :))

Thailand seems so far away in my memories now. Having shifted continents and languages, reading this forum brings me memories of a far distant past, like the way Clive Durham felt at the the end of the novel "Maurice." So sorry to read about Jinks.

So, my friends, keep having fun on that corner of the world.

bobsaigon2
March 30th, 2014, 08:10
Thailand seems so far away in my memories now. Having shifted continents and languages, reading this forum brings me memories of a far distant past, like the way Clive Durham felt at the end of the novel "Maurice."

Going off track a bit -тАУ davey612тАЩs response brought me up short a bit, reminded me that there might come a time, possibly very soon, when age or health issues might make all of the LOS boards, and LOS itself, totally irrelevant. All might become тАЬmemories of a far distant pastтАЭ as I continue into the final chapter of my life, a place not inhabited by boys 50 years my junior, in fact not inhabited by any boys at all, a place where memories will have to suffice. IтАЩve already shifted countries and languages, and every time I do manage to make the trip and venture into Soi Twilight, I tell my ex-bfтАЩs there that the trip might be my last. They give me a "that's what you said last time" smile, as I look around and note the new additions to the bar staffs.

Just rambling. Cheers.