PDA

View Full Version : Babylon ratio and times

DOM
March 23rd, 2014, 10:03
I can go weekdays the last week of April.

What is the likely ratio of Asians under 30 to people that do not fit
In that category, based on your experience over the last couple of
Years?

Do they have free or paid wifi, and would you think that at iPad in the locker
Is somewhat safe or not?

How late might there be a bus from Rama 4 to banglampoo/Kao San road, and what
Bus number would that be. ( bus part way ok as well)

Thanks

Thai Dyed
March 23rd, 2014, 15:30
[attachment=0:r5wjuobm]Babylon Hottie.jpg[/attachment:r5wjuobm]

Oliver
March 23rd, 2014, 16:48
I spend an afternoon four or five times a year in Babs, and have done so for eighteen years.
The ratiois unpredictable. In general terms, my impression is that the falang percentage is higher now than in the past and the percentage of under thirty Asians has diminished.
I used to think that the later week days were better but now I'm not so sure. I fear that for you, as it is for me, it is a matter of pot luck. My advice is to be there between 1500 and 1800 to find the place at its most interesting.
At its best, on a good day ,you'll find 50%of the guys to be Asian but of this 50% only a minority- perhaps less than a third- will be under thirty.

Oddly enough, the best clientele I've seen- that is Asian and- age wise- was during the Red shirt demonstrations of a few years ago when the swimming pool was closed and the entrance fee halved. 250 bht is a hefty price for most young Thais.

cameroncat
March 25th, 2014, 09:11
Mostly Farang's and visiting Asians from other countries before 5pm. WiFi Passwords only for those staying at the Babylon Hotel. Place any valuables in the small lockers near the checkin desk (they are free of charge).

christianpfc
March 25th, 2014, 19:52
Bus 47 from Rama 4 road, plenty of buses during daytime, stops around 10 pm.

Asians to White about 1:1, maximum half of them under 30, that makes maximum 25% of customers fit into your prey scheme. Go to Thai saunas, there you have ratio 1 White : 100 Thai.

bruce_nyc
March 25th, 2014, 20:51
Which Thai sauna(s) would you recommend....? (where the ratio is 1:100) :D

lego
March 26th, 2014, 00:36
Farose 2 in Ramkhamhaeng would be a pretty safe (as far as the ratio is concerned, lol) bet.

christianpfc
March 26th, 2014, 01:35
These Thai saunas have a lower standard of maintenance and cleanliness, I have been to Dejavu in Ladprao (busiest 9 to 11 pm) and Farose 2 in Ramkhamhaeng (gets busy after 11 pm) several times, there is plenty of action. For details, read in my blog. Farose 2 is filthy and dilapidated in some areas. There are many more I haven't been to (yet).

Update: let's not forget 39 underground in Saphan Kwai, in walking distance to BTS station and therefore easy to reach, have been several times, reports somewhere on this forum and on gaybutton's forum.

DOM
March 26th, 2014, 01:38
Too fat old and ugly to score at a Thai for Thai place.

Christian, any buses after 10 from lumpiNi tower area towards ksr or your old park or in that general direction?

Dboy
March 31st, 2014, 00:30

Most Thai's at Babylon are at the very *least* in really good shape, and many are regulars at the gym and are ripped (less than 10%) body fat. The way to play with them is to get in shape. 6-months in a gym will do wonders for even an older guy. Frankly, if you're "fat, old, and ugly", then you should probably add "lazy". You can certainly live that way, but understand that Babylon is probably not the place for you.

bruce_nyc
March 31st, 2014, 08:52
You're saying that after 6 months in the gym, he'll transform from "old and ugly" into "young and handsome".....? 8-|

On the other hand, I always find it amusing when a friend comments about some guy being " hot" or "cute" or "handsome"..... when the guy is all fit with abs and pecs and bicepts showing.... but has an ugly face.

I say, "He's not handsome! He's got a great body, yes.... But he's not handsome."

We're so programmed that a fit body = handsome that guys are willing to totally overlook when someone's face looks like a bulldog...... if his body looks like the cover of Muscle & Fitness magazine.

So...... Maybe the gym can make one "handsome".... :-$

lego
March 31st, 2014, 17:31
Personally, I'll take the gym-fit guy with the handsome face over the couch potato with the ugly face any given day. ;)

bruce_nyc
March 31st, 2014, 17:46
What about the gym fit guy with the ugly face.... versus the couch potato with a handsome face...?

christianpfc
March 31st, 2014, 19:39

Christian, any buses after 10 from lumpiNi tower area towards ksr or your old park or in that general direction?

(ksr = Khao San Road)

Don't say this. Just go and have a look, it's almost free.

There are many buses from Lumpini westwards, only 47 and 507 go to Saranrom/Sanamluang/Khaosan. I just read that most buses are 5 am to 11 pm (and some lines all night).

lego
April 1st, 2014, 15:05
What about the gym fit guy with the ugly face.... versus the couch potato with a handsome face...?
That was my point. Neither of them would do it for me, both have something important missing.

dinagam
April 2nd, 2014, 10:26
The gym fit guy with ugly face will do just fine in the dark corners & steam rooms.