PDA

View Full Version : Take a walk on the wild side... Or straight side of the Soi

bucknaway
March 23rd, 2014, 02:21
This trip will be a very, very short holiday. I will be in Thailand for less than 2 weeks. I was supposed to go to Brazil in April but after seeing the sale Qatar was having on flights from Philadelphia to Thailand, I mentioned them to my travel buddy who enjoys going to Thailand. He wanted to visit Thailand this year but didn't have enough free time to spend 4 weeks there. Once I told him about the sale he rejected it saying that the flight was still too long for a short holiday. I was happy he rejected it and joked that the flight was only 3 hours less than our coming flight to Brazil. After that slip of my tongue, my friend proclaimed he wants to go to Thailand instead of Brazil which upset my entire travel plans for the year that forced me to rethink my original vacation plans to Thailand.... Anyway.....

On this trip I think I want to visit some of the straight bars just to experience them. With Thailand being Thailand, I found that I have met some good friends in places I would have never expected to find them. Who knows what adventures I could get into in a straight gogo bar?

Maybe someone could suggest a entertaining straight bar in Pattaya that may be worth a visit... I would much rather visit a suggested bar before I just pick a random bar from the street.

I would prefer a bar where the women are not pushy or are over the top when it comes to flirting but I know that may be asking for too much.

If the straight bar has a show, that would even better!

Dodger
March 23rd, 2014, 04:22
bucknaway wrote:

After that slip of my tongue, my friend proclaimed he wants to go to Thailand instead of Brazil which upset my entire travel plans for the year that forced me to rethink my original vacation plans to Thailand.... Anyway.....

Bucknaway...I have had numerous friends and acquantances show an interest in joining me on my trips to LOS over the years and the conversation usually goes like this:

Friend: Dodger, I've always wanted to go somewhere far away and exciting like Thailand but never had the nerve to just get up and go alone. Maybe I could join you on your next trip.

My response: "Sorry, I don't mean for this to sound rude, but the only thing I take along with me on my trips is my backback." I then go on to explain that the real enjoyment for me during these trips to be able to do whatever I want whenever I want to...for me this type of freedom is what my trips are really all about.

Most seem to understand this rationale (because it's the truth)..some persist a bit...but regardless...I don't change my trip plans for anyone.

Also, all of my long-time friends are str8 and the last thing I would want to do is sit in a str8 gogo bar watching a set of tits in the reflection of my beer bottle as my maniac friends hoop and hollar because one of the girls is catching ping pong balls in her snatch, when all I really want to do is have a nice fat cock dangling out of some cute guys shorts on the dance stage.

My advice (not that you asked for it)...is to tell your friend to enjoy Brasil.

Life is too short and too valuable to spend it fullfilling the wishes and desires of others.

Regardless of the outcome, I hope you have a great holiday.

bucknaway
March 23rd, 2014, 04:44
Thanks Dodger.... I'm not longing for Brazil.... I may make it there still if I don't go to Mexico instead. Besides, I enjoy the company of my travel buddy. He is a former lover of years gone by and now he is my best friend. Going to Thailand with him is not a hardship in any sense of the word. Besides, once we land, we split up with him going to his hotel and me going to mine. Then I go to Pattaya and he may visit me there for a day or two on the beach, when the sun goes down we go our separate ways. We meet again for breakfast and tell each other how we spent the night and with who we spent it.

It's no big deal for me to change my vacation plans. I was supposed to go to Brazil in April and Thailand in July and Mexico, Puerto Rico or the Dominican Republic in September/October. Now I am going to have to rethink my plans. Now it's going to be Thailand in April. Someplace else in July or just another 3 week holiday back to Thailand in September or October. And if I am up for it a final years holiday in December.

I too don't like to share my vacations much but for my best friend.... It's all fun and good times. I did also invite my latin friends from Washington DC. They are a lot of fun and would love to get a sexy thai guy to share their bed. One of them is also the guy that went to New Orleans during mardi gras and won every big dick contest he took part in :ymblushing:

It would be great to see how the guys react when he walks by and they run up and grope him.. 8-}

Dodger
March 23rd, 2014, 15:37
Sorry bucknaway...

I think I misinterpreted your comments and misread the situation.

You're fortunate to have friends who swing in both circles who are open-minded enough to enjoy outings like this together without feeling inhibited or compromised. You should have a great time.

I'm not sure there are too many experts here regarding the str8 venues - as you can hear a pin drop in this room right now...555.

Cheers,

dinagam
March 23rd, 2014, 19:28
Stickman guide to bars in Bangkok & elsewhere is very popular source for straight guys, & is updated weekly. Have a look.

bucknaway
March 23rd, 2014, 23:48
I use to read Stickman, I have been giving his blog a pass for the past few months. He is an interesting read but... I just found I was not interested in his reports as much as I use to be.

I think I may let one of my Thai friends who is interested in women lead the way. That way I can get the best of both worlds. I can explore the straight bars while still enjoying the company of a man :)

thaiguest
March 24th, 2014, 00:38
Straight bars are ten a penny in Pattaya and Bangkok as you probably know. The least you'll be is a "handsome man" in each and every one.

This experience would not be for me but I would appreciate some straight-bar pricing on our side of the fence.

You wouldn't believe what I paid for a beer in Serene Bar, Pattayaland, (a beer bar-no show) last evening -so I won't bother telling you.

Good luck with the gals and their admirers.

bucknaway
March 24th, 2014, 00:48
The thing with me and bar prices... I am not much of a drinker. I only drink beer when I am in Thailand and I only drink it because of the bar drink minimums. Sure I could order soda but then I would drink that fast and have to buy another one throwing even more good money down the drain.

RonanTheBarbarian
March 24th, 2014, 06:49
Although the drink prices in the straight bars are cheaper, I believe that both the bar fine (what they call an off) and the expected tips are both well above what we gays have to pay (in gogos that is, I am sure prices are keener if you pick up a freelancer off the streets)

RonanTheBarbarian
March 24th, 2014, 06:52
What in particular about straight bars are you interested in seeing, Bucknaway?
I visited a few straight bars around Walking street in my last visit, and I could dig out my notes on the places if you like.

On my walk on the "straight side" I did everything from chatting up muay thai boxers who were performing a a thai boxing exhibit, looking at up the skirts of women in the upstairs section of a bar from through the glass floor from below, ( i know that sounds pervy, but that was the idea of the design)and had a girl in a jacuzzi-show grab my hands and place them on her breasts, and urge me to lather up the suds on them. :-ss

Some fun can be had on the straight side...

bucknaway
March 24th, 2014, 07:05
I don't know what I would be interested in seeing. I guess it would depend on whats available for me to see.
It's the same as if a straight guy wanted to visit a gay bar for kicks. If you asked him what type of bar did he want to see, he would not know that Comedy drag or realistic drag or sexy man show would be options. He may not even know that one of the bars may perform a sex show.

I was hoping someone here could say something like. Check out "Bla-Bla" Bar. They put on a erotic show with a modest amount of nudity with a heterosexual sex show and they don't try to screw you over on drink prices....

But it seems as if I will just have to play it by ear for one night and just go where the wind blows me.

RonanTheBarbarian
March 24th, 2014, 07:14
Well, i will try and dig out my notes and find the names of the bars where i partook in the above activities, it might give you a bit of a steer.
Another option is to create an account at one of the straight boards ( like say, Pattaya Addicts) and ask the question there...

bucknaway
March 24th, 2014, 08:08
Thanks, I was hoping for some advice from a gay or Bi perspective. Straight guy advice may not work out for me hehe

lego
March 24th, 2014, 09:48
If the straight bar has a show, that would even better!
As far as shows are concerned, the bars in Bangkok are much better than the bars in Pattaya. That applies to both gay and straight bars with shows.

bruce_nyc
March 24th, 2014, 21:41
When I was living in Pattaya last year, a close friend of mine who is straight came for a visit. His first time in Thailand and ready to get wild. I asked Michael, the manager at Ambiance where I should take him. He confirmed with a couple straight/bi staff members.... There's a place called Kitten Club just on Pattayand Soi 1 that's OK. They are very pushy so you have to be able to say no to girls and waitresses and managers all begging for tips and drinks like ducks begging for bread crumbs.

Sexy Girls of Pattaya at Kitten Club Bar GoGo in тАж: http://youtu.be/VMLV_im9R28

They also mentioned two places on Walking Street. One had an airline theme and was called, Airline, not surprisingly. The other one I can't remember the name of.... But here's an item google turned up....

http://www.livingthai.org/whats-the-bes ... ttaya.html (http://www.livingthai.org/whats-the-best-gogo-bar-in-pattaya.html)

RonanTheBarbarian
March 25th, 2014, 07:03
The review of the bars that Bruce found above is fine, but like most reviews of straight gogo bars you will find online, it was focused on how pretty and friendly (in the reviewers opinion) the girls are.
As to what shows you can see, or a review of them , there seems to be surprisingly little info out there.
I dug out my notes, and it seems that the bar with the glass floor between the stories was Beccara, and i saw the jacuzzi show in Babydolls (on Soi 15, just off Walking Street).
Another bar on Soi 15, Angelwitch, is known for its erotic shows I believe, although i never went there myself, and I am not sure how far they go.
Those bars would probably be a god start for you Bucky

bruce_nyc
March 25th, 2014, 07:33
By the way, if I remember correctly, at Airline the girls are completely naked and showering and playing with each other in bubbles inches away from you... as if they're trying to pull you in with them.

When I tell the girls I'm gay, they often don't believe me, and they think I'm just not into them and I'm being rude by lying and telling them I'm gay. In fact, I clearly remember having to show the girls in the standup bubble bath at Airline my phone's wallpaper to show them a photo of my bf .....before they would believe that I'm gay. lol

Nirish guy
March 25th, 2014, 09:00
Those bars would probably be a god start for you Bucky

Well now if Girly bars are what turns you to God I for one am DEFINITELY staying out of them !!! :)

Dboy
April 4th, 2014, 10:37
Maybe someone could suggest a entertaining straight bar in Pattaya that may be worth a visit... I would much rather visit a suggested bar before I just pick a random bar from the street.

Angelwitch, Soi 15 (off walking street), has (or at least had, its been awhile for me) really good shows.. good costumes, S&M acts, etc. Tell them you prefer cocks and the girls will leave you in peace to enjoy the show. Later shows are better than the earlier shows.

Dboy

bucknaway
April 4th, 2014, 17:45
Great! Thanks for the advice!

Nirish guy
April 4th, 2014, 18:27
I had a great night in a few of the girly bars with 3 go go boys from Copa on my last trip, one of them was straight ( go figure) and as the other three of us already knew each other in every way possible and have over the years covered just about all the gay venues, plus they wanted to test out their straight mate in bed ( see it's not only farang who like to shag other go go boys :-) we decided to let our straight friend dictate the bars. So on arrival he declared our preferences, told the girls he was straight, he got loads of attention and we got a laugh and loads of fun watching him squirm as the girls "played" with him.

Plus also as a plus side for me the drinks where of course so much cheaper and the girls were up for a laugh as the guys had already wired them off that they would be getting their tip ok from me as usual and so we all relaxed and just had fun, even with the girls betting on which other farang they could get an off or large tip from next lol - so it was all good clean ( well dirty ) fun and I highly recommend it some night if the usual gay haunts are becoming a little jaded and as something else to liven up your night.

I should add that the final plus point of the night was that when our straight friend came back to my room with us all he was horny as a dog in heat and a good time was had by all four of us until day break and I should add that even when one of the guys and I retired to another room for a bit of one on one action the straight gay ( who topped AND bottomed like a pro I should add) spent an equally enjoyable time alone with the other gay Thai go go guy, where of course should he have wished to he could have stopped as I had left the room at that point -ah ya gotta love Pattaya straight guys lol