PDA

View Full Version : Thai guys...annoying!!

latintopxxx
March 21st, 2014, 17:25
Not only are most Thai guys chronically late in their own country but they export this habit to Europe. I currently have a Thai houseboy in Amsterdam and he's always late...if he wasnt such a good lay i would've kicked him out ages ago. What is it with these guys?? is it genetic??

dinagam
March 21st, 2014, 18:07
They need their beauty sleep & recovery from hard work. ;)

Bobett
March 21st, 2014, 21:18
They need their beauty sleep & recovery from hard work. ;)
HARD WORK ? LOL!! :))

lego
March 21st, 2014, 21:35
Not only are most Thai guys chronically late in their own country but they export this habit to Europe. I currently have a Thai houseboy in Amsterdam and he's always late...if he wasnt such a good lay i would've kicked him out ages ago. What is it with these guys?? is it genetic??
One of the perks when getting laid by the boss all over the world - you can be late to work. :p

Dodger
March 22nd, 2014, 06:37
latintopxxx wrote:

if he wasnt such a good lay i would've kicked him out ages ago. What is it with these guys??

Your vivid imagination of "yourself" is amazing.

CoffeeBreak
March 24th, 2014, 08:54
OP: The Thais are amongst the laziest races in the entire world, and it is not surprising what you say about your houseboy. To take just one example: go to any department store in Thailand and the Thai staff spend most of the time doing their best to do nothing. Makes them very tired doing nothing. Also the reason so many Thais are "bottom" as it takes far less energy than being a top.

:))

lego
March 24th, 2014, 09:45
The Thais are amongst the laziest races in the entire world
You're obviously a racist and haven't traveled to Africa yet. =))

paulosussex
March 24th, 2014, 18:02
go to any department store in Thailand and the Thai staff spend most of the time doing their best to do nothing

I wish that were true... ever tried to buy underwear in Central or Robinsons? I don't want a female female assistant padding around two inches from my shoulder as I fabric test the Aussie Bum's crotch area thanks... back off ladies!

bruce_nyc
March 24th, 2014, 18:18
I think it has something to do with the hot climate. I see similar differences between Miami and New York City. Ever notice how the top cities in production are in about the same Latitude around the world?

Surfcrest
March 25th, 2014, 00:48
The brain does function better in cooler temperatures which is why it makes sense to think about covering your head in the Thai daytime sun.
Whether that affects Thais, or people from Miami...to be perpetually late, or apathetic to being punctual is debateable.
I imagine then, when we are in Thailand for long periods of time...that we'd eventually stop caring about being anywhere on time?

While we sometimes bend over backward to be sensitive to Thai culture and customs, you would think these Thais, by now would have heard how important being on time is to non-Thai cultures? Especially anyone in the...service industry? ;)

For me, I just remember not to read anything into it, when Thais are late.

Surfcrest

egel
March 25th, 2014, 02:06
Try a test....be late!
Then sit back and watch how angry the Thai guy gets....very strange.

bruce_nyc
March 25th, 2014, 05:40
Now that is an interesting point.... This happens somewhat frequently... Scenario: One bf calls or chats to me. He says, "Come meet me." I say, "When?" He says, "Now." I say, "Ok" ( He is somewhere that's about 30-40 minutes away depending on traffic.) About 22 minutes later, "Where are you?" "I just got into a taxi." "22 minutes na?" "I'll call you to tell the taxi driver how to get there." Later.... "Where are you?" I send my gps location. He says, "49 minutes. U so late." I say, "Late for what?" He says, "Not come. Take taxi to home." I say, "But I'm almost there now!" "You so late. What you do? Play?". I say, " I was not playing. I was having coffee at a restaurant with my friend. I had to say goodbye first. Then I had to find a taxi. Now traffic is very bad." "Traffic not bad." So I have the taxi driver call him again..... Anyway, you get the idea.

They both tend to do that. Call and invite me to meet them somewhere on an instant's notice, literally... then complain complain complain about why it took me so long to get there. I've kinda decided that when they do that, from now on, I'm just going to say no. "No. You need to invite me 2 hours before.... unless we are already together.". And if they don't like that, I'll say, "You come home first, then we go together."

But to give zero notice, as if it's a fire, and then get so upset about me being "late".... for some imaginary non-appointment I never made... lol ....as if I'm sitting around home all day twiddling my thumbs and just waiting for their call! ha ha

They're so impatient! The two words I hear most often.... for no apparent reason.... are: Bye bye bye! And Layo layo Layo! While paying a taxi driver, for example, every time. Bye means go or going. Layo means quickly.

I'm not an old codger who's moving slowly either... Finally one day, when we're at home putting on our shoes to go somewhere unimportant like grocery shopping, one of them starts with the "Bye bye! Layo layo!" ......and I said, "No! Not Layo! Layo for what!? Not Layo every time!" ....because I'm not living my life like I'm in a perpetual rush.

I also know, when I tell them they must give me 2 hours notice, they'll simply say, "Ok, not come." They expect the Star Trek telepad or something.

But you're right, they rarely tell me an exact time. "When will you be home?" "Afternoon." .....which can just as easily end up being 12noon or 4pm or 8pm or 3am.

Then if he walks in at 12noon and I look shocked to see him... He frowns and says, "I tell you I come home afternoon." ....as if there's something wrong with me. lol

latintopxxx
March 25th, 2014, 17:25
i never thought of being late...i will try it and see what happens