PDA

View Full Version : Any News on Richards Death

MARK
March 12th, 2014, 22:36
http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A ... =pAQG3vKs_ (http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.blackpoolgazette.co.uk%2F what-s-on%2Fblackpool-stunned-by-death-of-showman-richard-de-vere-1-6489836&h=pAQG3vKs_)

andrewcraig
March 13th, 2014, 04:12
that link did not work. who is richard you asked the question at least tell us who he is or was

MARK
March 13th, 2014, 05:42
BlackpoolтАЩs entertainment community was today in mourning after the sudden death of resort favourite Richard De Vere.

The master illusionist, magician and showman died while holidaying in Thailand, friends and colleagues confirmed.

Details have yet to be released as to the cause of death of the 46-year-old Thornton-based entertainer.

Richard, whose Mystique show ran for many years at the Pleasure Beach, had been due to begin a new engagement this year at Viva showbar.

In a statement the resort venue confirmed: тАЬIt is with deep sadness we have to confirm that Richard De Vere has unfortunately passed away while on vacation.

тАЬRichard had been due to release full dates for his new show тАШMagiqueтАЩ this week and was very excited to be making the announcement of dates here at Viva.

тАЬWe are obviously very shocked, sad and offer our deepest sympathies to RichardтАЩs family, his partner and friends тАУ simply a lovely gentlemen and talent who has left us far too early in his journey in life.тАЭ

The shock news, which broke last night, triggered an outpouring of tributes from friends and celebrities.

Friend and colleague Tom Bright, who was compere of Mystique, said: тАЬWhen I heard the news I thought it was a joke, I couldnтАЩt believe it. IтАЩm totally in shock.

тАЬObviously weтАЩre still waiting for details but I had not heard of any problems or him suffering with anything.

тАЬRichard will be a major loss to Blackpool.

тАЬHe was a really nice guy, very talented, a lovely man who was totally unselfish and would help anyone.тАЭ

Resort favourite Joe Longthorne said on Twitter: тАЬDeeply sad to hear just now that Richard has passed away.тАЭ

Fellow singer and TV presenter Jonathan Wilkes, who worked with Richard at the Pleasure Beach in the 1990s, added: тАЬReally sad to hear the news that an old friend of mine Richard De Vere has passed away. God bless you mate.тАЭ

Richard took up magic when at school in Bolton.

He told The Gazette in 2006: тАЬWith a lot of practice it became a skill тАУ making it interesting enough for people to want to watch was as much the skill as performing the trick or illusion.тАЭ

He became a PontinsтАЩ Blue Coat and his career took off.

It was at the holiday camp he met the comedian Bernie Winters. It turned into a friendship which saw Bernie bequeath him his beloved trademark, the St Bernard dog Schnorbitz.

The famous hound became part of RichardтАЩs act, as have the many Schnorbitzs who followed the original.

Asked later about his success, he told The Gazette: тАЬI think IтАЩve had a blessed life тАУ but then I work very hard at it.тАЭ

Last year Richard was forced to pull his Beyond Belief show at the Pleasure Beach after breaking his foot, an injury which ended an amazing run of 21 consecutive summer seasons in Blackpool.

Smiles
March 13th, 2014, 09:22
46? What did he die of?
Sorry Mark, but that is/(was) not a particularly healthy-looking 'face' at age 46.

keyole
March 13th, 2014, 12:22
46? What did he die of?
Sorry Mark, but that is/(was) not a particularly healthy-looking 'face' at age 46.
http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/what- ... -1-6491718 (http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/what-s-on/tributes-paid-to-magician-richard-1-6491718)

Tripod-Mike
March 14th, 2014, 01:26
Give it a Break Smiles.

March 14th, 2014, 04:13
I read this topic coz I thought it was about someone most of us would know like Richard of Richards Bar in Bangkok. Instead its about some old queen who none of us know who happened to die holidaying in Thailand.

Bazzeroo
March 14th, 2014, 04:26
I saw Richards show in Blackpool and he was a fantastic performer. This is very sad news, he will be missed

Bazzeroo
March 14th, 2014, 04:27
I read this topic coz I thought it was about someone most of us would know like Richard of Richards Bar in Bangkok. Instead its about some old queen who none of us know who happened to die holidaying in Thailand.

Thats a bit harsh

March 14th, 2014, 07:32
I read this topic coz I thought it was about someone most of us would know like Richard of Richards Bar in Bangkok. Instead its about some old queen who none of us know who happened to die holidaying in Thailand.Thats a bit harshHow? I did see Richard's show in Blackpool (once - and quite enough that was) and was staggered to read that the death of some two-bit entertainer from the English provinces is worthy of a thread in Gay Thailand. Or was he a prolific poster to online forums about gay Thailand and we knew him as, say, Thai Dyed (yes, I did intend that tasteless pun)

Bazzeroo
March 14th, 2014, 23:44
I read this topic coz I thought it was about someone most of us would know like Richard of Richards Bar in Bangkok. Instead its about some old queen who none of us know who happened to die holidaying in Thailand.Thats a bit harshHow? I did see Richard's show in Blackpool (once - and quite enough that was) and was staggered to read that the death of some two-bit entertainer from the English provinces is worthy of a thread in Gay Thailand. Or was he a prolific poster to online forums about gay Thailand and we knew him as, say, Thai Dyed (yes, I did intend that tasteless pun)

slight contridiction "some old queen who none of us know" you do know of him as you have seen his show,
"two bit entertainer" thats a matter of opinion

this man has died whilst on holiday, a man who many people in Thailand know as he has been a regular visitor for many years. I just felt your comment was a bit insensitive maybe you read it by accident but you chose to leave the harsh comment.

MARK
March 14th, 2014, 23:50
Richard was a good customer of the old Krazy Dragon and many of the bars are Pattaya he spent at least 2-3 months in Pattaya over the English winter for as long as I can remember and thats the last 10 years.

arsenal
March 15th, 2014, 07:38
Hello Mark.
Nice to see you back on the board.

So Richard worked the summer season in Blackpool and made enough money to spend the winter in Thailand. Sounds to me like someone who got life just about right. So be quiet Kommiekins.

March 15th, 2014, 08:36
Richard was a good customer of the old Krazy Dragon and many of the bars are Pattaya he spent at least 2-3 months in Pattaya over the English winter for as long as I can remember and thats the last 10 years.So we've got precisely one poster here who knew this person (as opposed to two (including me) who knew of him, neither in connection with Thailand).

colmx
March 15th, 2014, 09:20
i never met the deceased... but i certainly remember him from seeing him and tthe youngr farang guy that i understand was his partner 100's of times over the last 13 years that i have being visiting pattaya...
I don't ever recall seeing them in Sunee... but certainly they were mainstays of the boystown "set"

My comiserations to Richards partner and his family and friends

thaiguest
March 15th, 2014, 20:41

Shakespeare was from the English provinces.
Jack the Ripper was from London.

thaiguest
March 15th, 2014, 20:45

It's clear the gentleman was unknown to you. Let's hope he was unknown BY you also.

March 16th, 2014, 07:20
Shakespeare was from the English provinces.And had the good sense to escape them as quickly as possible, making his home in London and his artistic headquarters at the Globe Theatre there.

keyole
March 16th, 2014, 10:32
Anyone who knew Richard knows what a kind, caring and gregarious man he was. He has not even been burried yet and the bitter, sad lonely old queens come out from under a rock to spew their venom. Richard didn't participate on any of the gay boards. He had something that most of you sad pathetic cunts don't have ( and probably never did have!) a LIFE...
When I read some of the comments from some posters it reinforced my long held belief of what a sad pathetic place filled with tragic old queens the 'gay world' really is. If you knew Richard you should pass on your respects to his family and friends. If you didn't know Richard you should keep your queenie, bitter mouth shut and mind your own business.

doug7363
March 16th, 2014, 22:19
Anyone who knew Richard knows what a kind, caring and gregarious man he was. He has not even been burried yet and the bitter, sad lonely old queens come out from under a rock to spew their venom. Richard didn't participate on any of the gay boards. He had something that most of you sad pathetic cunts don't have ( and probably never did have!) a LIFE...
When I read some of the comments from some posters it reinforced my long held belief of what a sad pathetic place filled with tragic old queens the 'gay world' really is. If you knew Richard you should pass on your respects to his family and friends. If you didn't know Richard you should keep your queenie, bitter mouth shut and mind your own business.

Well said !!!

thaiguest
March 18th, 2014, 03:12
Shakespeare was from the English provinces.And had the good sense to escape them as quickly as possible, making his home in London and his artistic headquarters at the Globe Theatre there.

I don't believe you fell for my fake pitch. Of course my statements are true (probably) but they're a diversion and should be treated as such- not worthy of reply.

March 18th, 2014, 04:07

I don't believe you fell for my fake pitch. Of course my statements are true (probably) but they're a diversion and should be treated as such- not worthy of reply.
ya cant blame kommie there are so many fools spouting crap on hear.

bruce_nyc
March 20th, 2014, 07:43

Amen.

The fact that he didn't participate on any of these online forums is all the more reason to celebrate his life. That apparently..... he HAD one.

He was not a tragic old queen miserably just waiting to die. Apparently.

One correction, Keyole. This is not "the gay world"... This is a tiny artificial microcosm. It's only "the gay world" for people who have no life outside of it.

Even more tragic than the death of someone who lived..... is the dead existence of so many who are still technically alive.

Extremely tragic. In both senses of the word.

catawampuscat
March 21st, 2014, 19:36
Some gay farangs lead very quiet private lives in Thailand. Some are flamboyant queens.
A thread updating their death is just a curtesy and shouldn't engender annoyance and ill will.
I read the death notice much like a newspaper obituary and if I don't know the person, I move on.
A few seconds of our time is all it's about.
Nasty bitter queens, without lives, who live to post vile,ugly , hateful lies is another matter and perhaps a subject
that should have its own thread.

thaiguest
March 23rd, 2014, 16:38
Some gay farangs lead very quiet private lives in Thailand. Some are flamboyant queens.
A thread updating their death is just a curtesy and shouldn't engender annoyance and ill will.
I read the death notice much like a newspaper obituary and if I don't know the person, I move on.
A few seconds of our time is all it's about.
Nasty bitter queens, without lives, who live to post vile,ugly , hateful lies is another matter and perhaps a subject
that should have its own thread.

I thought these creeps already had their own forum-in company with B B Billy et al?