PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy at the Pinnacle

topforthai
March 6th, 2014, 03:10
Hi all,

Does anyone know if Jimmy at the Pinnacle Hotel is still around or not? I emailed him to get room rates for 2014 but 2 weeks later still no reply. I have always had to follow up when booking but I have never had him not answer a email before.

Best Regards to all.

bucknaway
March 6th, 2014, 04:00
Below is a copy and paste from a search I did on google.

tribes ┬╗ places & travel ┬╗ queer quasi- qarmic quest ┬╗ topics ┬╗
2 money saving tips in BKK topic posted Mon, January 7, 2008 - 11:43 AM by Benjamin Share/Save/Bookmark
If you're laying over in BKK on your way somewhere else or just want a good deal on some local tix, I recommend Chawla Travel (in the Silom area, not Koh San Rd.). They're cheap & reliable. http://www.chawlatravel.com

My favorite place to say in BKK is the Pinnacle Lumpinii. It's a nice, very gay-friendly hotel in a very convenient location (a short walk to MRT underground), but can be pricey - espcially in high season. Fortunately there's great way to get discount reservations (abt 60%of the advertised rates) if you contact Jimmy:

Jimmy / J.F. Holidays Travel & Trading Ltd., Part.
C/O : Pinnacle Hotel Lumpinee, Bangkok
Room # 1312
Tel : 02-287-0111
Mobile : 081-859-6585
E-mail : jimmyfirst@hotmail.com

http://www.thaicompanylist.com/en/compa ... ARTNERSHIP (http://www.thaicompanylist.com/en/company.php?company=109294_12&J.F._HOLIDAYS_TRAVEL_&_TRADING_LIMITED_PARTNERSHIP)

slag
March 6th, 2014, 11:58
Yes Jimmy still at Pinnacle....I was there last week
He has a tendency to not Email confirmations........but in about 20 visits my reservation was always made

topforthai
March 8th, 2014, 06:25
Thank you all. Jimmy emailed me today with the new rates. Looking forward to my April trip.

Up2U
March 8th, 2014, 06:34
What are the new rates?

topforthai
March 9th, 2014, 05:33
The following are current information and ROOM RATES FROM 08 APRIL 2014 UNTIL 31 OCTOBER 2014 for Pinnacle Lumpinee Hotel, Bangkok.

Taxes and service charges are included in the room rates.

JEFF, PLEASE FILL IN THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION FOR EACH BOOKING SEPARATELY, SO THAT WE CAN MAKE THE BOOKING (S) FOR YOU :

01) FAMILY NAME and GIVEN NAME as shown on the passport :
02) The room type preferred :
03) With or Without Breakfast :
04) 1 big bed or 2 single beds :
05) *Please note: As of 1st of September 2013 all rooms are Non-smoking (*Smoking are allowed only at the swimming pool area on the 14th floor and the balcony area outside the lobby) :
06) Number of rooms required :
07) Number of persons per room (2 persons or 1 person is now the same price) :
08) Check-In and Check-out Dates :
09) Arrival flight details and estimated arrival time at the airport :
10) Estimated arrival time at the hotel :
11) Your contact telephone number(s) :
12) Also, an alternative email address (if any) would be helpful :

************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************

The following are current information and ROOM RATES FROM 08 APRIL 2014 UNTIL 31 OCTOBER 2014 for Pinnacle Lumpinee Hotel, Bangkok.

The Pinnacle has 179 well-appointed rooms. All rooms are equipped with individually controlled air conditioning units, private bathroom with shower and bathtub (bathtubs are only on the 4th, 5th, 6th and 10th floor, the rest are with overhead shower), IDD phones, Satellite TV with in-house movies and mini-bar.

All rooms (Except JUNIOR SUITES, PRESIDENTIAL SUITES AND PINNACLE SUITE) are exactly the same size but have different amenities and are located on different floors.

1) SUPERIOR rooms, "Newly refurbished rooms with new tiled floor (replacing carpet) and new paint work", are on the 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, & 9th floor and have additional coffee/tea making facilities, hairdryer and in-room safety deposit box and 32" LCD Screen TV. Wireless internet access is free of charge.

2) DELUXE rooms, "Newly refurbished rooms with new tiled floor (replacing carpet) and new paint work", are on the 10th, 11th, 12th & 13th floor and have additional coffee/tea making facilities, hairdryer, bathrobes, slippers, tooth-brush, tooth-paste, razer, comb, in-room safety deposit box and 32" LCD Screen TV. Both LAN lines and wireless internet access is free of charge.

3) JUNIOR SUITES, "Newly refurbished rooms with new tiled floor (replacing carpet) and new paint work", are on the 11th, 12th & 13th floor and have additional coffee/tea making facilities, hairdryer, bathrobes, slippers, tooth-brush, tooth-paste, razer, comb, in-room safety deposit box and 32" LCD Screen TV. Both LAN lines and wireless internet access is free of charge. They are larger than Superior, Deluxe and Pinnacle rooms with a separate bedroom and living area.

4) PRESIDENTIAL SUITES, "Newly refurbished rooms with new tiled floor (replacing carpet) and new paint work", are on the 11th, 12th & 13th floor and have additional coffee/tea making facilities, hairdryer, bathrobes, slippers, tooth-brush, tooth-paste, razer, comb, in-room safety deposit box and 32" LCD Screen TV. Both LAN lines and wireless internet access is free of charge. They are larger than Superior, Deluxe and Pinnacle rooms with a separate bedroom and larger living area than Junior suite.

5) PINNACLE rooms, "Completely Renovated rooms", are on the 14th & 15th floor and have additional coffee/tea making facilities, hairdryer, bathrobes, slippers, tooth-brush, tooth-paste, razer, comb, in-room safety deposit box, 32" LCD Screen TV and DVD player. Both LAN lines and wireless internet access is free of charge.

6) PINNACLE SUITE, "Completely Renovated room", is on the 14th floor and have additional coffee/tea making facilities, hairdryer, bathrobes, slippers, tooth-brush, tooth-paste, razer, comb, in-room safety deposit box, 32" LCD Screen TV and DVD player. Both LAN lines and wireless internet access is free of charge. It is larger than Superior, Deluxe and Pinnacle rooms with a separate bedroom and larger living area than Junior suite.

************************************************** ************************************************** ******

The room rates for the Pinnacle Lumpinee Hotel, Bangkok that we offer currently from 08 APRIL 2014 until 31 OCTOBER 2014, are as follows :

************************************************** ************************************************** ******
1) SUPERIOR ROOMS : "Newly refurbished rooms"(4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, & 9th Floor) :
================================================== =========================
1.1) SUPERIOR, for 2 persons or 1 person, without breakfast = 1,240 baht per night
1.2) SUPERIOR, for 2 persons or 1 person, with breakfast = 1,340 baht per night

2) DELUXE ROOMS : "Newly refurbished rooms"(10th, 11th, 12th & 13th Floor) :
================================================== ====================
2.1) DELUXE, for 2 persons or 1 person, without breakfast = 1,340 baht per night
2.2) DELUXE, for 2 persons or 1 person, with breakfast = 1,440 baht per night

3) JUNIOR SUITES, with breakfast only = One bed room with a big bed + a separate living room : "Newly refurbished rooms"(11th, 12th & 13th Floor) :
================================================== ================================================== =========
3.1) JUNIOR SUITE, for 2 persons or 1 person, with breakfast = 2,140 baht per night

4) PRESIDENTIAL SUITES, with breakfast only = One bed room with a big bed + a separate larger living room : "Newly refurbished rooms"(11th, 12th & 13th Floor) :
================================================== ================================================== =====================
4.1) PRESIDENTIAL SUITE, for 2 persons or 1 person, with breakfast = 2,340 baht per night

5) PINNACLE ROOMS : "Completely Renovated rooms" (14th & 15th Floor) - Non-smoking rooms ONLY :
================================================== ==========================================
5.1) PINNACLE, for 2 persons or 1 person, without breakfast = 1,540 baht per night
5.2) PINNACLE, for 2 persons or 1 person, with breakfast = 1,640 baht per night

6) PINNACLE SUITE, with breakfast only : "Completely Renovated room" (14th Floor) - Non-smoking rooms ONLY :
================================================== ==================================
6.1) PINNACLE SUITE, for 2 persons or 1 person, with breakfast = 3,190 baht per night

7) EXTRA BED / EXTRA PERSON (See Children Policy below*) - For all room types :
================================================== =================
7.1) EXTRA BED, without breakfast = 350 baht per night
7.2) EXTRA BED, with breakfast = 450 baht per night

*Children Policy :
===============
Children under 2 years of age, stay for free when sharing the bed with their parents. A baby cot can be provided free of charge.

Children from 2 to 11.99 years of age, are charged 50% of extra bed rate. Which includes breakfast from the buffet.

Children above 12 years of age, are being charged the full extra bed rate. Which includes breakfast from the buffet.

9) LATE CHECK OUT (For all room types) :
===================================
Extra charge for a Late Check Out of no later than 6 PM is 600 baht. IF CHECKING OUT AFTER 6 PM, A FULL NIGHT WIIL BE CHARGED.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE NOTE: FOR AN ADDITIONAL 150 BAHT, THE BREAKFAST COUPON CAN BE EXCHANGED FOR THE BUFFET LUNCH (Monday through Friday only, except public holidays). THIS SPECIAL OFFER IS AVAILABLE ONLY TO GUESTS BOOKING THROUGH J.F. HOLIDAYS, NOT THROUGH OTHER AGENTS OR DIRECT WITH THE HOTEL.

Remarks :
========

01) Taxes and service charges are included in the above prices.

02) Cancellation is free of charge provided you notify us, 8 days before the date of your arrival. No show will be charged at the rate of 1 night.

03) Changes are free of charge provided you notify us, 1 day before the date of your arrival. No show will be charged at the rate of 1 night.

04) As of 1 October '08, the Wireless Internet Access is Free Of Charge. Both LAN lines and wireless internet are also now available only in Deluxe rooms, Junior Suites, Presidential Suites, PINNACLE RENOVATED rooms and PINNACLE RENOVATED SUITE.

05) Bathtubs are only on the 4th, 5th, 6th and 10th floor, the rest are with overhead shower.

06) *Please note: As of 1st of September 2013 all rooms are Non-smoking (*Smoking are allowed only at the swimming pool area on the 14th floor and the balcony area outside the lobby).

07) Big bed and special requests for a certain floor are Subject to availability at check-in.

08) The above rates may be subject to change.

09) PLEASE NOTE THESE SPECIAL PRICES ARE ONLY FOR BOOKINGS MADE THROUGH J.F. HOLIDAYS, NOT DIRECT WITH THE HOTEL.

10) Payment must be made to J.F. Holidays in room 1312, NOT to the hotel.

11) Payment can be made after checking into the room. Payment must be in CASH ONLY (Thai Baht) and is due immediately after checking-in (or within 24 hours after checking-in, at the latest). Otherwise, you will NOT receive the special rates shown above. NOTE: Office hours for payment are normally 12 NOON AND 3 PM.

12) Complete instructions for payment will be given to you again with the booking confirmation.

************************************************** *************************************************

Thank you for your inquiry. We hope to hear from you soon.

Best regards,

Jimmy / J.F. Holidays Travel & Trading Ltd., Part.
C/O : Pinnacle Lumpinee Hotel, Bangkok
Room # 1312
Tel : 02-287-0111
Mobile : 081-859-6585

colmx
March 9th, 2014, 09:21
wow, seems like the pinnacle has jumped a lot from the old days when 800B was the standard rate...
I know that there has been etc etc over the last 10 years.... but it seems like the rate of taxi meter, DJ station drinks or off "tips" has certainly (thankfully!) not kept in line with pinnacle inflation!
Much better value to be found around silom area in my opinion!

March 10th, 2014, 14:56
Amazing the amount of free advertising one hotel is given. Can every hotel in Bangkok and Pattaya have details of their facilities and room rates published in the Forum?

scottish-guy
March 10th, 2014, 16:27
I see the "advertising" as justified given the situation that Members are being alerted to the fact they can benefit from a significant discount by booking via Jimmy, rather than booking via the hotel directly or perhaps via booking websites.

I've never stayed at the Pinnacle nor met Jimmy - but since his "Pinnacle service" has been mentioned on various forums (and even in Spartacus) for donkeys years I reckon he must be pushing 100 :))

Wim888
March 12th, 2014, 16:34
He booked rooms for me last September, and I saw him in Bangkok at the hotel. He said that he had recently suffered a stroke.
I always called him when I wanted him to book rooms for me.

1PR4BKK
March 24th, 2014, 01:43
I just booked my room with Jimmy and got a reply from him rather quickly. However, he is very slow at getting a confirmation email to you in a timely manner. However, since 2006, my reservation was always there upon my arrival.

This year, he did annoy the hell out of me by ringing me at 03:00 regarding my reservation. I had to remind him of the time difference, AGAIN. X(

topforthai
March 25th, 2014, 09:10
I probably will try somewhere else. I have stayed there every year for the last 10 years. I can not understand why this low season is so much higher in price than it has been this year during so called High Season. Most places lower their price a little during low season not raise them. I will also not miss having to chase him down to pay him at his room. He is never ready to take your money in the mornings. "I get pay tomorrow." or "Come back at 1) It was a good price for what you get when a room was 800 to 980 a night. Sorry to hear his health is worse. He started having problems about 3 years ago.