PDA

View Full Version : magazine club - pattaya

yorkboy691x
March 2nd, 2014, 14:26
has anyone tried out this place yet?
how does it work in these clubs? are you able to off the boys? how much does it cost?

any help would be appreciated

thanks

catawampuscat
March 2nd, 2014, 17:52
I've passed by a number of times. Lots of very handsome guys outside who work there.

yorkboy691x
March 2nd, 2014, 18:04
thanks, how does it work in these clubs? is there a show? go-go boys? or like a host bar?

newalaan2
March 2nd, 2014, 18:36
has anyone tried out this place yet?
Interesting this. I can't give any relevant info here because during my recent visit when enquiries about the best (current) place to go after hours went along these lines....... "NAB?"..YES!"......Dave Man?."YES!"......Idol.."NO!" so anywhere else good?...."yes! why don't you try the new fancy/posh club Magazine behind Major!" I ask...."have you been there?" reply-No!...do you know anyone who has been there"..no! "heard anything from anyone who knows anyone who has been there?"..no!

This was repeated more than a half-a-dozen times during our Pattaya stay, none of the sunee/BT bar waiters I spoke with had been or knew anyone who had been. Maybe it was just too new then and maybe it will take the first brave gay advance party to try before leading the charge of the "fickle followers" but as I say, despite many suggesting it to me, none had any experience of the place.

Colmx or martin911 are usually in touch with 'contacts' or first to get any meaningful feedback on clubs.......martin? colmx?

anonone
March 2nd, 2014, 18:41
hmmm...what is "magazine club"...or at least where is magazine club.

Never heard of it or saw it.

MiniMee
March 2nd, 2014, 20:05
"have you been there?" reply-No!...do you know anyone who has been there"..no! "heard anything from anyone who knows anyone who has been there?"..no!

This was repeated more than a half-a-dozen times during our Pattaya stay, none of the sunee/BT bar waiters I spoke with had been or knew anyone who had been. Maybe it was just too new then and maybe it will take the first brave gay advance party to try before leading the charge of the "fickle followers" but as I say, despite many suggesting it to me, none had any experience of the place.

So, from this can we conclude that you were not brave enough to cross the threshold either?

newalaan2
March 2nd, 2014, 22:37
So, from this can we conclude that you were not brave enough to cross the threshold either?
Oh dear MiniMee, I would have thought a veteran like you would already be well aware exactly why I could not in those circumstances take that step!

Democracy MM! Democracy! I was more than 'brave' enough to shoulder such a responsibility, however as in line with Pattaya/Bkk club visiting protocol, decisions on where to go are based on the strict democratic (thai society as opposed to political, that is) method which is a spur-of-the-moment vote taken within the company planning to visit.

NO hands in the air for Magazine apart from my suggestion,(MM I'm sure you already know there is simply no stomach for untried/tested new ground on a time-restricted schedule) NO hands in the air for Idol (thrown in merely to make up the numbers and to pretend we are seriously considering a wide range of options) MORE hands in the air for NAB than Dave. When planning on a Tam Nan Issan visit, no hands in the air necessary as one has already soaked-in the feeling for a visit there, suggestions for which will be met unopposed.

But now you have put down a mark, we look forward to hearing about the extent of your bravery if Pattaya is included in your next Thailand visit.

francois
March 2nd, 2014, 23:03
hmmm...what is "magazine club"...or at least where is magazine club. Never heard of it or saw it.

According to Nicky it is on Second Rd, Soi 15. Someone posted it was behind Major which is the movie theater located at The Avenue/Villa Market Shopping Center.

http://www.nickysgaypattaya.com/gay-pat ... ad-soi-15/ (http://www.nickysgaypattaya.com/gay-pattaya/magazine-club-2nd-road-soi-15/)

colmx
March 3rd, 2014, 03:07
The building that magazine has been in has been around for years as a gay club - but never seems to take off

Its location is on 2nd road, soi 15, Whoch used to be known as Soi Toyota Karaoke and was the soi that had teh original Starboys

Its is more or less behind the welcome plaza and in front of the Mercure

I haven't been there... it opened mid January - when i was still in Thailand but similar to NewAlaan - none of our gang wanted to try it!
We did spot that they had a very cute gang of PRs though!

I know Martin911 has, he mentioned something about they giving free JWR if you ahve a table of 4 people before 1AM... and that it was quite busy on the night he was there...
Style is same NAB with Coyotes, "Models" etc

Its an easy stroll from Boystown... so maybe a bit easier for boys to "drop in" after work instead of having to go all the way to Pattaya Klang to meet friends (similar to the old Hollywood off Pattaya Tai which had loads of drop in visitors)

Pics thanks to their FB Page https://www.facebook.com/#!/MAGAZINE.CLUB.PATTAYA
[attachment=1:3ga8u5s5]1463296_713241188694822_1410555366_n.jpg[/attachment:3ga8u5s5]
[attachment=0:3ga8u5s5]1538665_713241148694826_4041262_n.jpg[/attachment:3ga8u5s5]

RonanTheBarbarian
March 3rd, 2014, 03:53
I thought that place was mainly aimed at straight female Thais...it was even discussed on pattaya-addicts.... obviously was wrong :-o

lonelywombat
March 3rd, 2014, 04:46
I was told that Magazine was a bit like Cartiers. Mainly for women but guys can take boys off as well. He gained the impression that boys hang out waiting for a female but with only two quick visits , I hope he is wrong.

What has happened to Cartiers. Cannot remember it being mentioned for some time.

christianpfc
March 5th, 2014, 16:00
Cartier is gone and a new business in the the location. I walked past a few months ago and couldn't find it (couldn't even find the place where it used to be) and asked a friend who lives in the area who confirmed.

witchhunt
March 5th, 2014, 17:22
That shocks me . I checked Nickys and this was posted. Hope it was wrong!

CartierтАЩs тАУ Soi Leng Kee

UPDATE 01/08/12 There is a new sign outside, advertising it as CK Karaoke and Man Show. ItтАЩs still bearing the name Cartier. We will get there soon and report on the тАЬshowтАЭ.

CartierIтАЩll start by describing where Soi Leng Kee is. ItтАЩs a small soi that joins Soi Buakhao to Third Road. Sill no wiser? If you go along Third Road and look for XZYTE disco, youтАЩve gone too far! Come back a little and you have Hotman Karaoke sign with illuminated signs on the same side of the road. Come back one more soi and thatтАЩs Soi Leng Kee. ItтАЩs just opposite TonyтАЩs Gym. Turn down the soi itтАЩs about 150m on the right hand side. OK so now youтАЩve found it, why go there? Well itтАЩs probably had the longest running special show of any gay bar in Pattaya. The boys are all older and hunky (mainly straight). The bar fine is horrendous and the drinks are 200B each, but just once in a while itтАЩs fun for a change. Most of the patrons are straight women, but why not? If you sit with a boy and buy enough drinks, a great time can be had. Worth a try now and then.

There are three shows a night, notionally at 9.30, 10.30 and 11.30 with the boys standing around on the stage, three or four at a time, in between. There are never too many boys there тАУ between 6 and 10 is the norm. Flash a few 20s and theyтАЩll come and coyote dance on a podium next to you.

anonone
March 5th, 2014, 22:34
Thanks to all for the information on Magazine club.

I will be back in Thailand soon and will see if there is any desire among the group to check it out. Based on the photos, I don't think it will be a favorite, but might be worth checking out in person...if they can pry me out of Tam Nan anyway. :))

Nirish guy
March 6th, 2014, 01:57
...if they can pry me out of Tam Nan anyway. :))

HA - CHANCE would be a fine thing !!! :-)

christianpfc
March 7th, 2014, 12:11
I think Nicky's information is outdated. I walked the Soi where Cartier's used to be about half a year ago, and couldn't find it (was there two or three years ago).

christianpfc
March 15th, 2014, 15:14
They have an advert in Thai on one of the last pages in Max Magazine February edition (which I got yesterday from Tawan Bar, for free).

bucknaway
March 23rd, 2014, 02:41
I still have not spent much time in the Pattaya Disco's. I think I have only been to one of them and I don't know which one it was. A Thai guy took me to one once. I think I may have mentioned to him that I wanted to go and one night, after he got off work and we had a late night meal, he dropped me off at my hotel telling me to change into something nice and he will be back. He picked me up from my room. I asked where we were going and he told me Disco. We entered and it was standing room only. We found a table, ordered some beers and moved our bodies to the music as best we could with the limited amount of free space we had.

Unfortunately we were still lusting for each other and after our beers were empty we went left to go have sex so I didn't get to spend much time in the bar and as time passes, more and more of that Disco experience fades from my memory, but I can remember the sex as if it were yesterday!

anonone
March 23rd, 2014, 11:37
Thanks to all for the information on Magazine club.

I will be back in Thailand soon and will see if there is any desire among the group to check it out. Based on the photos, I don't think it will be a favorite, but might be worth checking out in person...if they can pry me out of Tam Nan anyway. :))

Well, a couple of the boys wanted to check it out, so we went.

Not going to become my favorite place, but it was ok for a visit. Expensive when compared to Tam Nan (of course). Was pretty slow when we arrived, but picked up around 2 am. High caliber coyote guys, if you like the masculine type. No "erotic" portion, at least while we were there.

Thanks for those that provided info.

I went....I saw....I probably won't be back.

Smiles
April 4th, 2014, 10:27
Appears that the OP has taken a powder. But this thread turned out all right without him anyway.
Always trust our Man-From-Armagh (or close) to have the goods on esoteric gogo bars which cater to lonely vaginas (no relation to a Wombat with same problem). Anyone see one lately? .... a vagina, not a wombat.
Never read Newalaan2 quite so discombubalated.