PDA

View Full Version : Silom soi2

mike1119
February 24th, 2014, 23:06
Does anyone know what's happening in Silom soi 2. is DJ station open ?

newalaan2
February 24th, 2014, 23:23
Does anyone know what's happening in Silom soi 2. is DJ station open ?
The most recent update I have is from 4 nights ago, and it certainly was open then. Fairly packed at 1-2am but was surprisingly emptying quite quickly after 2am, when we headed to JJ Parks which was also a bit quieter than the previous weekend.

Nirish guy
February 25th, 2014, 15:28
I've just read the post below describing some form of "gun and bomb" attacks ( perhaps a little over egged I don't know ) but I see the guy has also posted a news link which seem to back up his distrurbing story - and the part about the fire exits being locked in DJ wouldn't surprise me at all ! - can anyone else shed anymore light on this incident as while in general the advice has been "life goes in as normal for tourists" if the below is in anyway accurate then that would have to give one cause for thought about travelling certainly to Bkk and perhaps especially at Songkran where large amounts of people will be penned up in those very same areas !

Bangkok news article re the incident is here and the farangs Facebook post re it is below .

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/bangkok ... our-attack (http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/bangkok-shutdown/396856/three-protest-guards-injured-in-three-hour-attack)

Copied post from the guys public Facebook account .....
FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK. Unbelievable. tonight. i went to dj station. half way through the evening i went across the road to the 7/11 to get some cigarettes. after buying the cigarettes i started talking to 3 tuck tuck drivers outside, we had a good banter, laughing and joking. but out of no where about 100 feet away a bomb went off. A scooter went past us very quickly, so the guys i was with dropped everything and followed him. i stood in the street on my own after a bomb had just gone off, thinking how do i act natural and make my way back to the club across the road. At this point half the club heard the bomb and came to look. All they could see was me standing on my own. i thought fuck, im finished, its all over and im going to get beaten to death. Fortunately they were as perplexed as i was. i just walked back to the club and no one said anything. I thought that's good, im safe. But a few minutes later gun shots rang out, more bombs went off. I think in total 4 bombs and 5 gun shots i counted. The club was concerned, they kept the place open all night to make sure everyone was out of the danger. Having said that us westerns were looking for alternative escape roots in the club, but fount pad locks on all the emergency exits. This did not fair well with the Swedish guy i was with , who went ballistic at the owners , he wanted an exit away from the shooting. I agreed with him on the small points. Eventually there was a lull in the gun shots and the bombs , so there was a mass exodus from the club back on silom road. we all ran to our hotels. Im alive. im waiting to see what the media has to say about it tomorrow.
End of copied post.

corky
February 27th, 2014, 03:41
... us westerns were looking for alternative escape roots in the club, but fount pad locks on all the emergency exits. This did not fair well with the Swedish guy i was with , who went ballistic at the owners , he wanted an exit away from the shooting.

I do not defend the locking of fire exits but in this case it was fortunate that the 'westerns' were unable to get out of those emergency exits as they would have led them closer to the shooting etc.

Nirish guy
February 28th, 2014, 08:03
I still can't understand why after all the deaths in clubs due to fires in both Thailand and other Countries why bar owners still insist on or just don't care about locking or unlocking their fire exits, I mean SURELY it can't just be to stop punters sneaking a mate or two in to avoid the entrance fee at the door !? And assuming not then what other plausible reason could there possibly be for them risking their customers lives over something so easy to do and at no cost, unless of course it is just the simple plain fact that they couldn't give a flying fuck about their customers once they are inside, but I refuse to believe that could follow in every club in every city where it happens - surely ???

February 28th, 2014, 12:59
I still can't understand why after all the deaths in clubs due to fires in both Thailand and other Countries why bar owners still insist on or just don't care about locking or unlocking their fire exits, I mean SURELY it can't just be to stop punters sneaking a mate or two in to avoid the entrance fee at the door !? And assuming not then what other plausible reason could there possibly be for them risking their customers lives over something so easy to do and at no cost, unless of course it is just the simple plain fact that they couldn't give a flying fuck about their customers once they are inside, but I refuse to believe that could follow in every club in every city where it happens - surely ???How long have you been going to Thailand? By the way the garment factory workers in Bangladesh face the same risks as we know all too well

Nirish guy
February 28th, 2014, 16:18
If by the above how long question you mean "are you really surprised" the answer is many years and yes actually I always still am and my question still stands as what I don't understand is why something that costs nothing but both risks lives and also
In most places the clubs licence too is allowed to continue to happen each night where by simply unlocking a padlock they could cure the problem?

And as you quite correctly this problem isn't restricted to Thailand but many other Countries, even stretching to here in the UK etc.

So again I would question why any club / bar owner would persist in perpetuating this crazy situation where for the sake of turning the key in a padlock they could avoid the problem and cut out the risk and hassle to themselves and their customers all together - I mean surely it can't all be down to just sheer staff laziness in every club in the world where this still happens and there must be more to it - but what that reason might be ( other than pure laziness or staff / management just simply not giving a shit as I'd said before) escapes me.

March 1st, 2014, 03:36
Very fucking long rhetorical question NIrish when the answer is bleeding obvious - because they can.

dab69
March 1st, 2014, 05:54
DJ packed last night with their usual excellent show.