PDA

View Full Version : Japan, Beijing and Shanghai

a447
February 19th, 2014, 16:05
I'm heading off to Cambodia, Thailand, Japan, China and Bali and am looking for interesting gay places to visit.

I'm taking a friend with me - poor guy is really down since he broke up with his partner of 13 years, so I thought I'd console him with a trip to Japan. He's always wanted to go there with me, but his partner wasn't interested so he was never able to go there with me.

Normally I head off to my old gay haunts with my Japanese friends, but this time will be different; my friend, being a gaijin (farang) will most likely not get into any of our usual clubs and bars. So I will have to find something in Shinjuku 2-chome where foreigners can gain entrance into gay establishments. I've only ever been there once from memory, and that was a long time ago.

Has anyone been there recently? If so, can you recommend some fun places to visit?

I am also looking for fun places in Beijing and Shanghai so any recommendations would be welcome.

Thanks.

Nirish guy
February 20th, 2014, 06:26
I can't overstate just how jealous I am of your forthcoming trip(s) - enjoy ! * did you hear that through the sound of my teeth grating together as I said it though ? :-)

corky
February 21st, 2014, 04:24
GB Club
Shinjuku Plaza Bld,
Shinjuku Ni-Chome
Tokyo 3352-8972

This is the only club in the area that will welcome foreigners.

Blueskytoday
February 21st, 2014, 11:59
Last time I was in Tokyo.only found the one bar catering to foreigners.
How about going to 24 Kaikan Bathhouses..they have at least 3 locations..
One is 7 floors,,,and foreigners quite welcome...you can find locations
if you google.

colmx
February 22nd, 2014, 02:36
GB Club
Shinjuku Plaza Bld,
This is the only club in the area that will welcome foreigners.

Its 4 years since i was in Shinjuku.... But i seem to recall there was more places welcoming of foreigners...is Arty Farty no longer open?
http://www.arty-farty.net/
2/F 33 Kyutei Bld

Its 2 streets away from GB from my memory and also on the same street as 25-Kaikan
I was in several other bars too and found all were welcoming... Although i was beought there by a J guy that i had "pulled"

If you are in Beijing and into clubbing then i can highly recommend Destination
http://www.bjdestination.com/
Its been around years but i hear it still draws the crowds... Reminds me of DJ station... without the farang.... although just as many MBs!
(the MBs are not as cheap as in Thailand!)