PDA

View Full Version : Valentines Day but nowhere for a romantic drink together?

newalaan2
February 13th, 2014, 15:24
Tomorrow 14th Buddhist Holiday as well as Valentines Day, police last night doing the rounds to advise bars of dry day?

If an alcohol free day it will actually be a nice break form the booze.

Will it be a Bar closing day, no alcohol day or beer-in-a-coffee mug day?

Anyone in the know?

egel
February 13th, 2014, 15:32
http://sawatdeenetwork.com/forum/valentines-day-pattaya-gay-bars-t30346.html

Oh do pay attention...
valentines-day-pattaya-gay-bars-t30346.html (http://sawatdeenetwork.com/forum/valentines-day-pattaya-gay-bars-t30346.html)

and here to see the abuse I got when I mentioned it a few weeks ago
they-have-clue-booze-related-t30369.html (http://sawatdeenetwork.com/forum/they-have-clue-booze-related-t30369.html)

bucknaway
February 13th, 2014, 17:48
Even if everything was closed and no drinks were to be served, all is not lost. There is still time to go and buy everything needed to have a romantic moment with the guy of your choosing.

You can even pick up a basket to have a romantic lunch on the beach with your own cocktail.

Just plan ahead. That is what we did here when Delaware did not allow liquor sales on Sunday.

newalaan2
February 13th, 2014, 18:35
Oh do pay attention...
when I mentioned it a few weeks ago
What? Pay attention to a thread from last month?...are you serious? that is a lifetime ago! Anyway I've been travelling for yonks and have missed a ton of old threads, but this is the here and now, it's relevant now. Only mentioned because the very nice policeman personally advised me when he was handing a notice to the bar I was sitting in about it.

So the question again was....is it.....an all bars closed day?, a no alcohol whatsoever day?, or a beer-in-coffeemug day? Any bar owners tuning in?

and buy everything needed to have a romantic moment with the guy of your choosing.I already do that every day with my teerak, a trip to the bars is for a change of scene only, far from vital....

While I am the one asking, I thought it might be relevant for other readers/members too.

lego
February 13th, 2014, 19:42
A safe bet would be a hotel bar, as the alcohol ban doesn't apply to hotels.

Beachlover
February 14th, 2014, 09:43
Been a while since I was there but there's a spanking nice high-rise al fresco bar in the Hilton Hotel, Pattaya where you can have a romantic drink... especially nice during the evening. Dare say it's the nicest chill out spot in Pattaya and perfect to bring a date or loved one.

I think it's called "Drift" if I remember correct. Gorgeous setting on a large patio filled with shallow water with large pebble shaped lounges spaced out with wooden walkways between them... Feels quite spacious and relaxed with the nearest neighbours being at least a couple of metres away. Great view of the sea and the city below... there's an indoor area too.

Drinks quite reasonable for the setting... around 300 for cocktails and less for beer.

Go to the Hilton Hotel ground floor entrance (on Beach Rd side of Central World) and take the lift to the lobby level. Bar's on the same level to the right of reception desks.

catawampuscat
February 14th, 2014, 17:22
The Edge at the Hilton, fits BL description . Excellent buffets different times different days too.