PDA

View Full Version : Taxi downtown from airport

DeHaro-old
February 12th, 2014, 21:20
I will come to BKK on Sunday afternoon. Need to go to NgamDuplee, Hotel Pinnacle.
Can you please tell me if I can take a taxi or is there any blockade ? As I have a lot of luggage I hate to take the airport link....
Thank you

bruce_nyc
February 13th, 2014, 06:02
I think you must mean Pinnacle Hotel Lumpinee in the NgamDuplee area? That's very near where I live. Anyway, no. There should be no problem getting there. For us, the only inconvenience has been that car taxis cannot get directly to the major shopping malls like Siam Paragon. Only the BTS and motorbike taxis can. But the BTS is much easier and faster and more convenient than a car anyway. The major protest stages aren't blocking much of anything else. Soon after the first day, they've become 90% a gigantic open air 24 hour "market".... and only 10% anything to do with a protest.

Best Bet: Call your hotel to verify that a taxi can get there without any problem. The taxis all know where the streets are closed and can easily navigate around those areas.

christianpfc
February 13th, 2014, 10:35
The blockade is a kilometer further, at Silom / Rama 4. Soi Ngamduplee is open.

Was there on Tuesday evening, there was traffic jam with cars everywhere, even Soi Goethe car after car.

Mancs
February 13th, 2014, 21:45
I was leaving ngam duplee Tuesday at 6pm when the traffic jam is bad there. So I walked to Rama IV where the traffic was flowing freely. I think you will be fine in taxi to there, apart from at rush hours, when the last bit might be slow.