PDA

View Full Version : Pattaya accommodation.

newalaan2
February 10th, 2014, 11:44
In Thailand/Pattaya now and finding previous connection problems (True?) without having to resort to proxies now excellent. Just a brief update on accommodation.

First 3 nights I decided to enjoy a change from staying South Pattaya and gave Jomtien a try. Stayed at East Suites in Jomtien Complex and have to say the quality of the room was on a par with Mosaik. Huge 50-60? sqm room with floor to ceiling glass sliding doors opening out to a very large balcony, nice modern shower room, sleeping area, lounging area and small kitchen area with microwave etc.. coffee/tea facilities and a very room clean room. A tad more expensive than Mosaik's sub-Bt1000 at Bt1350, but 'high season' and superior very spacious accommodation. Also excellent security with key hob door access with 2 levels of security after reception closes about 11pm. I would def stay again and highly recommend.The owner John is very helpful, I had early morning flight due in at 6.45am and early check-in offered from 9am. Also used East Suites taxi pick -up from airport and that went smoothly too.

Went to Bkk and Issan then returned to Pattaya for our usual week or so stay at Mosaik, again the high standards here same as usual, immaculate room, and interesting to find somewhere very busy despite political problems. On checking-in and finding that Nong had upgraded us free of charge from our preferred Studio Deluxe (no Prestige avail even booking 3 months ago) to a one-bed because Mosaik running at 97% capacity with many new customers virtually 100% Asian, especially Chinese, but Japanese, Korean and Hong Kong visitors also booking via online. I don't think I've come upon any apartment, guesthouse or hotel at 97% capacity even in high season pre-2008 financial crash.

Dboy
February 11th, 2014, 07:57
First 3 nights I decided to enjoy a change from staying South Pattaya and gave Jomtien a try.

How active is the Complex now in the evenings?

newalaan2
February 11th, 2014, 12:29
How active is the Complex now in the evenings?
I like BzTown and Sunee when visiting Pattaya, but occasionally I like the easy laid-back attitudes in Jomtien early evening 6-8pm, but have never really spent any time there after 8pm or in high-ish season. But I was pleasantly surprised (even tho I thought the bars were very busy the boys were still complaining of a lack of customers) during the short stay at how busy the beer bars were from 8pm thro 1am, plenty of available boys and waiters with Question Mark, Doce Vita, 2 Faces, 4T and a new bar forget name I think BM were all very busy with boys and customers.......Pour House, L&M were steady as was Festival further away for the complex area. Bamboo was surprisingly active too with at least 12 boys available and some very attractive one's in the mix there. Virtually all western customers, saw no Asian customers.

I have a feeling this was so busy due to 'high season' but if they can keep the same levels of staff at the various bars it would be worth a visit at any time. Very late drinking available at the new bar BM? until 3am. No pressure from boys for drinks and offs. 4T bar, a fairly new one, has a few attractive Issan men on the staff. All the waiters/staff in the Jomtien bars up for good fun, banter and flirting.

Nice for a change from the South Pattaya area bars. Although if unlucky and staying in South Pattaya the song taew journey to Sth Patta at 6-8pm is a slow nightmare. Tons of Songtaews all times of day but many absolutely packed with Russian visitors and often a bit of a wait, staying at East Suites in Jomtien was ideal.

Smiles
February 12th, 2014, 07:12
Thanks for the tip on the East Suites.
We usually stay at The Venue, but I'd like to change it up once in awhile and have been looking at the East Suites as it's in the same J Complex which we enjoy hanging out in. Yours is the first review of East Suites I've read on Sawatdee (although I've not done a search): appreciated.

Shuee
February 13th, 2014, 02:21
i have seen mosaik on about 5 main hotel booking sites on the internet including tripadvisor & asia rooms, so they are are on the top websites, they also have their own website of course, i use a cafe here for breakfast in this soi & there were not many gays staying here now but asian, russians & families & straights with thai girls, unless you book way ahead you can forget staying here, maybe try old flamingo hotel opp

newalaan2
February 13th, 2014, 12:29
i have seen mosaik on about 5 main hotel booking sites on the internet including tripadvisor & asia rooms, so they are are on the top websites, they also have their own website of course, i use a cafe here for breakfast in this soi & there were not many gays staying here now but asian, russians & families & straights with thai girls, unless you book way ahead you can forget staying here,I must admit I didn't realise they were on main hotel booking sites nowadays as I always just email direct. You are correct in that most new visitors are not gay but that has been the case gradually since the financial crash, I guess there just isn't enough gay guests to round all the various gay 'friendly' hotels and guesthouses nowadays, but I know they still have a large loyal gay repeat visitor customer base and they will go out of their way to accommodate regular clients.

Great thing about Apts and esp Mosaik is that there is no common reception area and the units are split into about 5 separate entrances so you hardly ever come upon other guests. Can't remember the last time I shared the lift with another guest there. I'm on 5th floor this time and use stairs for going down, only use lift for up and always have it to ourselves. Have'nt noticed any Russian guests or families on any of my stays there, but have noticed straight Asian customers come and go when passing the various entrances.

Yes, long advanced bookings for specific rooms are essential. I couldn't get my specific room 3 months ago when booking.

newalaan2
February 22nd, 2014, 18:26
Yours is the first review of East Suites I've read on Sawatdee (although I've not done a search):
I don't normally stick my neck out with wild recommendations, but I would highly recommend East Suites. I will stay there again next trip as I did enjoy the short break in Jomtien, and there was more than enough to do on my 3 night/4 days there. It's a pity I've only just 'discovered' a short stay at Jomtien to be enjoyable after so many years visiting Pattaya. I would have probably ran across 'jinks' at some point there in the past at the Venue or somewhere before he passed, which would have been nice. I am getting used to spacious accommodation which East Suites is, and it's so handy having a small kitchen area, the bathroom was also very attractive with rain shower. The large glass slding doors and large balacony made the place look even more spacious.

Just to finish off some details with regard to East Suites. I should have advised there is no lift as that is a must for some, for us not an issue as the staff were on hand to see to luggage, and anyway most times where I can, I prefer to use stairs. Having just advised there is no lift, to clarify......there is no lift from the reception area which is just off the main restaurant area, and is open 9am to 11pm. When restaurant/reception is closed there is a separate entrance at the side immediately opposite Pour House and next to Dolce Vita, to enter you use your key hob to 'beep'....the door opens to a small lift, this takes you to the 2nd floor which has some accommodation, but the main suites are another stair flight and two up. From the lift exit there is yet another 'beep' required to get thro a door to main accommodation. So security is excellent. This 'back' entrance can be used 24/7 even when reception is open if you like a more less obvious entrance, and is handy when taking in stuff from 7-11 etc..

More on Jomtien......I had a western breakfast one day at Lindas on the main road, it was excellent I have to say. I arrived in Jomtien straight from Bkk and usually use Bkk or South Pattaya money exchanges, I was pleased to find Jomtien is well served for currency exchanges with TT Exchange having 2 outlets...one at the Dongtan Beach corner and one in Soi 5. Their's was the best rates I found. Most banks and others were at Bt53.'something' for Sterling/Uk pound, TT were Bt54.2, and for a large exchange they gave me Bt54.35 for my ┬г50 (mint...and they carefully checked every one!)Sterling notes.