PDA

View Full Version : Taxi/buses running from Silom Rd. to Saladeng BTS station?

Blueskytoday
January 23rd, 2014, 13:05
Would like to know if buses or taxis are running from lets say Silom Soi 15 down to Saladeng BTS station or
does one have to walk each time to get there? Thanks.. I heard end of Silom Road and Rama 4 is bocked off.

lego
January 23rd, 2014, 13:58
It's basically a street market at the Silom-Rama 4 corner, but you might be able to take a taxi to get closer to the station. You'll probably have better luck with a motorcycle taxi.

Yraen
January 24th, 2014, 11:48
It you are down at Silom Soi 15, the closest BTS stattion should be Chong Nonsi, and much easier to get to than in the middle of the hurley-burley at the "upper" end of Silom / Saladaeng.

christianpfc
January 24th, 2014, 12:23
No buses in Silom.

Taxi to BTS Sala Daeng should be no problem.

"I heard end of Silom Road and Rama 4 is bocked off." Correct.

whitemouse
January 25th, 2014, 00:26
Yes, as of Jan 24th, Silom and Rama IV were stopped by the protestors.
I cant tell u about situation right now, cos on Wed protestors closed Silom/Rama 4 only for some of the time, they did not have enough people to shut down the intersection. That may change any minute.

Right now, as of Wed night everything is running as it is supposed to run.
No delays, no nothing.
And I just Skyped w friend of mine, it hasn't chamged, it is Sat, Jan 25th right now.

Patanawet
January 25th, 2014, 10:51
No buses in Silom.

Taxi to BTS Sala Daeng should be no problem.

"I heard end of Silom Road and Rama 4 is bocked off." Correct.
Taxi to Sala Daeng is NOT possible.
The Sala Daeng side of Silom (roadway) is a street market in the daytime and often closed to traffic at night.
The street market ends at about Tanon Convent so traffic can come down Convent and turn left into Silom.
Use Skytrain to get to Sala Daeng or subway and Skywalk.

Yesterday (Friday) afternoon, I walked from Sukhumvit to Silom through three protest sites (Asoke, Ratchaprasong and Lumpini) with no problems at all. Live music and friendly crowds (but not crowded) at all three sites. However, cars may have had to find diversions.

christianpfc
January 25th, 2014, 11:03
The op was asking about taxi from Silom Soi 15, and the last time I was in Silom (a few days ago, situation might have changed), taxis went along Silom and then into Thaniya, i.e. they drove underneath BTS Sala Daeng.

Patanawet
January 25th, 2014, 14:10
Taxi to Sala Daeng is NOT possible.

CORRECTION
Taxis would be able to get into Sala Daeng from Sathorn -- but I do not know how far down towards Silom they will take you. Sorry.

PS Yesterday, in Silom, I picked up some pairs for airline type carpet slippers for 50 Baht per pair. Just the thing for the cold floor-tiles in this cool weather.
Outside Citibank just before Soi 3.