PDA

View Full Version : Valentines day in pattaya gay bars

andrewcraig
January 19th, 2014, 04:55
me another 2 gay mates and a couple of straight friends will be in pattaya for a week that includes valentines day, saturday february 14
what bars have a night that does not include dinner and is not expensive. we will split later in the night but want to have a fun celebration drinking with each other first

anonone
January 19th, 2014, 07:42
I am trying to recall if I have ever been in Pattaya for Valentines Day....

I don't think that any of the bars would have a compulsory dinner or any other type of prohibitive event. A couple of the places might have a "theme" night of some sort, but I would be most of the places will be just like any other night.

painai2
January 19th, 2014, 09:11
Feb. 14, 2014 is Makha Bucha Day (р╕зр╕▒р╕Щр╕бр╕▓р╕Жр╕ ▓р╕Ър╕╣р╕Кр╕▓). Alcohol will not be sold and most bars will be closed that day.

focusedinthai
January 19th, 2014, 15:27
Hogwash. Most bars will indeed be open on Feb. 14 (maybe all). Many have already advertised their parties. As for alcohol, it may not be openly available, but the last time I checked, one does not need alcohol to go out and grope cocks and have a good time. Perhaps a little verification before you post something definitively like this would help...

Feb. 14, 2014 is Makha Bucha Day (р╕зр╕▒р╕Щр╕бр╕▓р╕Жр╕ ▓р╕Ър╕╣р╕Кр╕▓). Alcohol will not be sold and most bars will be closed that day.

January 19th, 2014, 16:17
They're planning to celebrate a day set aside for romantic love with prostitutes?

painai2
January 19th, 2014, 17:04
Hogwash. Most bars will indeed be open on Feb. 14 (maybe all). Many have already advertised their parties. As for alcohol, it may not be openly available, but the last time I checked, one does not need alcohol to go out and grope cocks and have a good time. Perhaps a little verification before you post something definitively like this would help...

Bars can advertise all they want, it's an important Buddhist holiday. A simple Google check of Thai holidays will tell you when the Buddhist holidays are this year. A few bars in Boyztown will be open as usual selling soft drinks, but the majority will surely be closed. If you don't believe me, fine.

focusedinthai
January 19th, 2014, 17:46
It has nothing to do with believing you or not. You are not the only one that lives here. Buddhist holidays do NOT require that bars close - just that they do not serve alcohol. The vast majority close on a normal Buddhist holiday because it does not coincide with a special event, so it would not be worth to them (I am assuming). Valentines Day certainly qualifies as a special event, however, so they will be open and ready to go - minus the alcohol most likely. I was here the last Valentines Day that fell on a Buddhist Holiday and believe me - all the bars were open and a good time was had by all. If it is alcohol you want, then you are SOL. So - no - I don't need to do a simply Google check. Please stop thinking you are the only one that knows and lives in Thailand...

Bars can advertise all they want, it's an important Buddhist holiday. A simple Google check of Thai holidays will tell you when the Buddhist holidays are this year. A few bars in Boyztown will be open as usual selling soft drinks, but the majority will surely be closed. If you don't believe me, fine.

Manforallseasons
January 19th, 2014, 21:59

Which bars have "already advertised their parties" ?

scottish-guy
January 19th, 2014, 22:30
Well, Eros bar are "already" advertising a Valentine's Party - I don't know which other bars (if any) are doing so.

:-B ,

Manforallseasons
January 20th, 2014, 00:59
Oh, I was in Eros last night didn't notice it.

scottish-guy
January 20th, 2014, 01:34
Your eyes were probably elsewhere! :ymdevil:

[attachment=0:18ppqr5x]180114.jpg[/attachment:18ppqr5x]

Manforallseasons
January 20th, 2014, 02:43
Thanks for the info from their website, when was your last visit to Pattaya as you seem well informed?

scottish-guy
January 20th, 2014, 03:40

Don't get pissy with me MFAS - you asked which bars were ADVERTISING a Valentine's party and I gave you a response - an advertisement! Isn't that exactly what you asked for?

As far as Thailand visits are concerned - No offence but don't feel obliged to share diaries with you (or anybody else). I have my reasons.

christianpfc
January 20th, 2014, 13:46
Feb. 14, 2014 is Makha Bucha Day (р╕зр╕▒р╕Щр╕бр╕▓р╕Жр╕ ▓р╕Ър╕╣р╕Кр╕▓).

Excuse me being pedantic, but it's р╕зр╕▒р╕Щр╕бр╕▓р╕Жр╕РªÑ€â••â•£Ñ€â••ÐšÑ€â••â–“. (short unwritten "a")

painai2
January 20th, 2014, 14:51
Feb. 14, 2014 is Makha Bucha Day (р╕зр╕▒р╕Щр╕бр╕▓р╕Жр╕ ▓р╕Ър╕╣р╕Кр╕▓).

Excuse me being pedantic, but it's р╕зр╕▒р╕Щр╕бр╕▓р╕Жр╕РªÑ€â••â•£Ñ€â••ÐšÑ€â••â–“. (short unwritten "a")
Sorry, my spell checker doesn't pick up Thai words.

Manforallseasons
January 20th, 2014, 18:04
Actually google translate makes it Makha Bucha.

witchhunt
January 22nd, 2014, 08:37
If you are taking straight friends with you to a bar I doubt they would be impressed with Eros

But for dinner you might find this useful[attachment=0:3c8p8cpj]CocoVal_zps3f6695a7.jpg[/attachment:3c8p8cpj]

Manforallseasons
February 3rd, 2014, 18:51
A poster that knows everything about the Pattaya Bar scene has posted on Gay Button that bars will be closed Valentine Day because of a very important Buddhist holiday.

egel
February 9th, 2014, 00:21
http://sawatdeenetwork.com/forum/they-have-clue-booze-related-t30369.html