PDA

View Full Version : Shopping for boys

January 8th, 2014, 07:44
I see - from signs in Tops supermarkets, for example - that the concept of the "personal shopper" has come to Thailand. I met a man at Sooty's New Year's Eve party who lives in Bangkok and has taken this one step further - he has a personal mamasan, but a buyer's agent not a seller's agent if you take the real estate analogy.

This personal mamasan - an ex "fuck buddy" who is therefore familiar with the guy's tastes and preferred activities - can cut through the mamasan-in-the-bar's assertions about every boy in the stable "he do everything" and cut out the whole bar infrastructure to supply the guy's wants. He then has a collection of fuck buddies - a virtual harem - at his beck and call. When he gets bored with any of them he calls up his personal mamasan/shopper to get some replacements. Keeping the guy on a small retainer plus expenses is apparently much cheaper than paying off fees to go-go bars and putting up with demands for tips from pushy bar mamasans

Apparently it was all working very well up until the day the personal shopper had an encounter between his motorcycle and a taxi which put him out of action for a while. This coincided with the point at which my party friend had decided to renew some his collection. He told me of the horrors of taking off, in turn, four boys from a single bar:
"#6 - useless, couldn't get a hard on. Burmese"
"#18 - the only one left I hadn't had who didn't have a tattoo. Not really my type! Burmese"
"#19 - beautiful boy from Laos. Didn't like using his mouth for anything. Most disappointing"
"#35 - too passive. Just lay there and thought of Burma"

10,000 baht later ... (off fee 500 and tip 2000 each one). You can see why he likes his personal shopper.

Smiles
January 8th, 2014, 08:16
" ...
"#6 - useless, couldn't get a hard on. Burmese"
"#18 - the only one left I hadn't had who didn't have a tattoo. Not really my type! Burmese"
"#19 - beautiful boy from Laos. Didn't like using his mouth for anything. Most disappointing"
"#35 - too passive. Just lay there and thought of Burma"
Off topic, but this reminds me of a story I read in one of those english language rags which exist in places like Pattaya and Phuket for the needs of it's tourists.
Anyway, this story appeared in the Phuket Gazette years ago ~ had to be in 2002 or 2003. It described a murder which happened in Phuket: the body of a man was found in the jungle beside the main road. It was partly hidden, but obvious enough if one was watching the scenery driving by.
After the Thai Police arrived there was the usual picture-taking orgy as the Police stood around looking all over the surrounding area for clues (I assume!) ... squatting down for photo ops with the cadaver ... pointing here and there at what appeared to be absolutely nothing.

The Police Captain arrived sometime later and was interviewed on the television news regarding the horrific crime: he stated that there were not a lot of clues found on the ground or on the body, but so far at least there was a partial identity made. The Pol Captain said: " ... at this point we do not know this man's name. But, he was wearing no underwear, so he must have been Burmese. No Thai man would leave the home without underwear ... "
Inspector Clouseau indeed.

christianpfc
January 8th, 2014, 15:16
From the headline, I was expecting something like "what did you buy your boyfriend for Christmas?", but this is much more interesting.

I had similar ideas, and if the hunt wasn't part of the fun and if I wasn't a cheapskate, I would show a Thai friend a collection of cute boy pictures and send him to Saranrom to pick someone similar for me.

arsenal
January 8th, 2014, 15:25
2000 Baht for each one as a tip seems generous. Offing a Cambodian boy from xxxxxxxxxx I told the mamasan he'd get 1200 Baht. She said 1000 is ok. Before anyone asks...I paid him the 1200.

And instead of asking a boy what he does try asking him what he doesn't do. Much less chance of 'language confusion' when you get back to the hotel room.

January 8th, 2014, 15:33
And instead of asking a boy what he does try asking him what he doesn't do. Much less chance of 'language confusion' when you get back to the hotel room.Whatever they say in the bar, it's only the performance itself that's reliable.

arsenal
January 8th, 2014, 15:40
Another reason to hate the mamasans, which I do. One of the things I always liked about KD was the fact there was no mamasan. One exception here. The one in Nice Boys has always been honest with me.