PDA

View Full Version : Why I never want to be like straight people

January 5th, 2014, 19:54
"From where I'm standing, it seems that straight people haven't done so hot when it comes to love, sex, marriage, the family or gender roles, among other things. So why would I want to buy into that dysfunctional system? (And before we go any further, I'm talking about straight people and culture -- the collective, the institutional -- not necessarily individual straight persons, many of whom are allies and friends and who would like to see a queer revolution as much as I would.)"

http://feedly.com/k/1cRdZzf

Beachlover
February 3rd, 2014, 11:34
I don't think anyone should be pressured into a lifestyle they don't want to live... but I'm overwhelmingly happy to settle down with a loving same sex partner, start a family and be monogamous (definitely did enough fucking around about when I was single). I wouldn't be happy still single.

I look around and see so many less than happy guys who are still single because they couldn't get their shit together, couldn't maintain a relationship or didn't quite find a match... they tend to be lonely and still looking or have lost hope of finding the right partner. That said, I'm sure there are some happily single older guys out there.

francois
February 5th, 2014, 08:14
Such wisdom from someone so young. :ymsick:

February 7th, 2014, 10:57
Such wisdom from someone so young. :ymsick:Has he told his mother yet?