PDA

View Full Version : BKK to Loei flights??

June 11th, 2006, 21:02
Is it possible to fly from Bangkok to Loei??

If not, then what would be the fastest way to travel??

I am supposed to be doing the family visit with my boyfriend in October, and he promises we shall only be there for a couple of days (three max. if I can manage it!), so I want to feel I have a quick route in and out!!!!

Cheers!

jimnbkk
June 11th, 2006, 21:33
Hmmmmm. From the question, I would assume you're somewhere in the LOS now. So. (Is this a dumb question???) Why not go to a travel agent and ask that question? Seems to me a professional would have a more authoritative answer than the opinions you would get on a board like this.

June 11th, 2006, 22:27
Nok Air does flights there. http://www.nokair.com

around 3000 baht return

maybe u can get cheaper.

Michael
June 11th, 2006, 23:07
Thanks Oggleman, I didn't know that Nok had started flights to Loei, that's great news! I've enjoyed a few visits to Loei, staying at the family home- a fantastic way to escape and explore the fabulous scenery in that region.

Tricky, I'd encourage you to stay a little longer than a couple of days. On my first visit I spent the first couple of days wondering what the hell I was doing staying there, it was a complete culture shock. I'm so glad that I stayed longer and relaxed and got to know the family, the village and the region.

A direct flight has to be the best option - I've tried the others! I've flown to Udon thani and then bus to Loei, I've flown to Khon Kean as well. The worst option has to be the VIP bus from Bangkok, it might be cheap, but it was my idea of hell.

llz
June 12th, 2006, 00:15
For the time being Nok Air does not accept payments with international cards, they accept only cards emitted by a thai bank. That's a pity as this company seems to be by far the best budget airline in Thailand.

Smiles
June 12th, 2006, 02:52
" ... For the time being Nok Air does not accept payments with international cards, they accept only cards emitted by a thai bank. That's a pity as this company seems to be by far the best budget airline in Thailand ... "
llz, I've paid by VISA (Canadian Bank issued) twice on NOK Air with no problem.
Here's a snapshot of their "How To Pay" webpage: It shows the major credit cards with which one can pay, and makes no mention anywhere on the page that the card must be issued by a Thai bank.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v18/sawatdeephotos/Images/nokair.jpg

To be honest, I'd wonder whether this restriction would make much business sense . . . a good proportion of the plane load on both flights I've flown were obviously foreigners, of which I'm certain many purchased their NOK tickets over the net using their credit cards.

For sure I stand corrected if I'm missing something here. I followed the links to book a ticket on NOK a few minutes ago and went as far as the page where you hit 'SEND' for a CC payment. Nothing showed up as a warning that foreign cards would be unacceptable.

Cheers ...

GWMinUS
June 12th, 2006, 05:06
I also booked on the NOK website.
And paid by Visa Card from the USA.

Flew from Bangkok to Udon Thani.
Good flight.
Right on time!!

billyhouston
June 12th, 2006, 05:32
The warning only shows (showed) up after you fill in the card details and hit 'pay'. Having flown with Nok many times, I was disappointed to have this problem in January. In the end I phoned. They said the problem was caused by 'fraud' and they hoped to have arrangements in place shortly to accept non-Thai cards.

They are a great budget airline but they make seats available very late; sometimes they are only booking less than one month in advance. I need a number of flights for Oct/Nov/Dec which might mean no booking before late August or even later. Perhaps by then they will have sorted the credit card problem.

Smiles
June 12th, 2006, 05:43
" ... The warning only shows (showed) up after you fill in the card details and hit 'pay'. Having flown with Nok many times, I was disappointed to have this problem in January. In the end I phoned. They said the problem was caused by 'fraud' and they hoped to have arrangements in place shortly to accept non-Thai cards ... "
OK thanks for the info Billy. I guess this must then be a recent change (since this January anyway), and as you say, one won't see the restriction until actually hitting "PAY".
The last time I used NOK was April 2005 to Phuket and ~ as mentioned above ~ had no problem at that time. Things change I suppose.

Cheers ...

June 12th, 2006, 18:05
Thanks to you all for this information. Jimnbkk - I am not in Thailand, sadly, but in a very hot and sticky London UK. This is a bit of forward planning for my trip in October, by which time I hope my boyfriend will have his settlement visa for the UK and we can have the first part of our "marriage" ceremonies in his home near Loei.

I am anxious about the trip, meeting the extended family and so forth, but perhaps it will be worth staying a little longer to see this apparently beautiful part of the country.

My boyfriend has talked about the bus trip, but it certainly sounds as though I might not survive that!!

Sounds also as though I could leave the booking until closer to the dates of travel.

Thanks again people!

June 13th, 2006, 01:19
Thanks to you all for this information. Jimnbkk - I am not in Thailand, sadly, but in a very hot and sticky London UK. This is a bit of forward planning for my trip in October, by which time I hope my boyfriend will have his settlement visa for the UK and we can have the first part of our "marriage" ceremonies in his home near Loei.

I am anxious about the trip, meeting the extended family and so forth, but perhaps it will be worth staying a little longer to see this apparently beautiful part of the country.

My boyfriend has talked about the bus trip, but it certainly sounds as though I might not survive that!!

Sounds also as though I could leave the booking until closer to the dates of travel.

Thanks again people!

Forget the bus trip lol............. send some cash to your bf and get him to book the flights at the Nok office or an agents.

June 30th, 2006, 04:26
I have just tried to search for Loei flight next week for my boyfriend to visit his heavily pregnant sister............and no flights to Loei????????

billyhouston
June 30th, 2006, 04:55
Fridays and Sundays at Bht908.41 plus all the taxes etc.

NokAir DD9704/5

Enjoy

Billy