PDA

View Full Version : GR boys, a word of caution.

ainamor
January 1st, 2014, 20:35
According to a very reliable boy I have known for a few years the profile amazing--01 which is a rehash of amazing-01 is being managed by a farang.

To what extent this is a worry to anyone I don't know but apparently the boy in the original profile has given the name of the farang with the initials 'JK' ( I have the name but will not put it here) to some of his friends along with a location and email address. Naturally I am not able to verify the accuracy of the supposed farangs details so this is just a heads up to anyone considering contacting the current GR profile.

Nirish guy
January 1st, 2014, 21:02
Perhaps I'm being a bit thick here but for what purpose would a farang even want to operate under a Thai boys name like that, as short of perhaps getting off on other farang messaging him or him maybe gathering that data for some twisted reason ( and of that nothing would surprise me ) but apart from that what benefit for him / or risk to others in his doing that?

This is of course as I'm assuming that when he turned up at our doors for the meet even the most dim witted amongst us would eventually cotton on that the fat possibly elderly white guy standing at our door with his cock out wasn't a 23 year old hot Thai guy we were expecting after - and hell depending on just how horny we were at that point in time we may not even decide to go ahead with the transaction after all even !! Lol

Shuee
January 1st, 2014, 21:12
so you are slandering a thai guys profile! thats not a nice thing to do :(

cdnmatt
January 1st, 2014, 21:43
Perhaps I'm being a bit thick here but for what purpose would a farang even want to operate under a Thai boys name like that

Pimp, I would imagine. For example, farang has lived here a long time, knows lots of boys, speaks good Thai, and the Thais don't write English well enough and/or are too lazy to sit behind the computer fishing for customers. So the farang does it, and when he gets an order, sends over whichever Thai guy is available. That's probably why there's lots of reports of Thai guys showing up looking nothing like their profile.

As for the OP, if you can't verify this and it's just a rumor, don't post it. That's rude. If you have actual proof, then by all means go for it, but you shouldn't go around dragging other people's names through the mud unless you know for certain.

Surfcrest
January 1st, 2014, 23:55
Jealousy and Obsession would come to mind. I have heard of a similar story or two from urban legends involving different sites where an obsessed individual starts a profile of the person they are obsessed with, to see who will contact that individual with the familiarity of already knowing them, perhaps intimately. Sometimes it's done as a joke or to gather information on the person they are obsessed with or to take out their frustrations on the guys that try to make contact.

I have seen several Craigslist profiles back here in Vancouver warning against this activity. Some are referred to as "picture collectors", or people who get you to send them your photo under the pretense of possibly meeting...when all they want, is your photo.

There are more than a few freaks and weirdo's out there and that is not exclusive to Thailand...but there are more than enough in Thailand too, as seen by some of the weird crap in some people's profiles.

Surfcrest

latintopxxx
January 2nd, 2014, 03:17
has happened on a few occasions that the biy showing up looks nothing like his profile pic...I handle it as follows..(1) if he is completely unacceptable I not too politely tell him to shove off, pays to be very firm bordering on aggressive as I do not want to even enter into any type of negotiation or (2) if he is still acceptable I negotiate a cheaper price by telling him that he is not really what I wanted but since he's there I might as well do him a favour....have had a few 1000BHT dates at half price.

firecat69
January 2nd, 2014, 06:51
Since I have hired this boy multiple times including 3 times recently, this story is just plain ridiculous. When he shows up on GR it is him that answers me and certainly him that shows up at my door. Need a I say how good he is with that many meetings.

I agree with Cdnmatt. Rumors have no purpose in being posted here !!!!

homeseeker
January 2nd, 2014, 07:48
According to a very reliable boy I have known for a few years the profile amazing--01 which is a rehash of amazing-01 is being managed by a farang.

To what extent this is a worry to anyone I don't know but apparently the boy in the original profile has given the name of the farang with the initials 'JK' ( I have the name but will not put it here) to some of his friends along with a location and email address. Naturally I am not able to verify the accuracy of the supposed farangs details so this is just a heads up to anyone considering contacting the current GR profile.

I commend and congratulate the OP for his posting. I am suspicious of who or what is behind "amazing--01" despite the 'spin' or experience of others as mentioned above. It would not surprise me at all if the boy is being controlled. He is a friend/acquaintance of Amazing_Nack. The latter who behaves like a gangster previously used the name on GR of Amazing-02 or similar, which has now been removed. This boy was strongly accused on GR of getting in with a farang customer on GR and then after some months stealing from him including his motor cycle.
So extreme caution needed with these individuals.

In my opinion in the context of the cyber part fantasy world of GR it is perfectly acceptable to pay heed to rumor etc as that is how to avoid being a victim in real life.
Many profiles on GR are fake or contain strong elements of fiction in the profiles. So its not as if any discussion or warning relates to real, named or properly identified persons.

It is important that all farangs here keep a united network , as that is what the Thais do and they would be more than happy to try to "divide and rule" us.

firecat69
January 2nd, 2014, 08:43
Sorry but your post makes no sense. If you want to talk about boys being controlled by gangsters there are certainly a number of Bar Owners who would fit that description because of the way they treat and take advantage of their boys..

Rumors mean nothing in this town. Boys start rumors about boys they don't like or have had arguments with. Farangs who break up with boys also sometimes try to hurt the reputation of the boys.

Personal experience is the only thing that counts. In another thread a member posted about a boy trying to steal from him. This is valuable information and should be posted here . It is not rumor and insinuation.

This Board should definitely not condone Rumor and Insinuation .

homeseeker
January 2nd, 2014, 09:05
We are all entitled to our opinions and I have stated mine.

firecat69 is against rumor and insinuation and says:

"If you want to talk about boys being controlled by gangsters there are certainly a number of Bar Owners who would fit that description because of the way they treat and take advantage of their boys.."

I assume this statement is fact and not rumor. So kindly name these dreadful bar owners.

:D

Surfcrest
January 2nd, 2014, 09:21
I think this Board has to be very careful, when we are sharing information of the accuracy of it. Of course, if we are talking about a bar, an event, an attraction, a hotel, a sauna...whatever, it's possible to verify some of the information.

This sort of, more intimate information is something we couldn't and wouldn't want to get into substantiating one way or another. Fortunately, it would appear as though GR does monitor this activity evidenced by the number of local Thai profiles that appear, disappear, reappear...due to the commercial element. I would encourage members to first voice their concerns with GR to avoid any debate on anyone's personal reputation, member or not.

For these reasons, I'd ask that personal GR disagreements stay withy GR so that we can continue enjoying the positive aspects of the Gay Romeo Forum.

Surfcrest

firecat69
January 2nd, 2014, 09:31
We are all entitled to our opinions and I have stated mine.

firecat69 is against rumor and insinuation and says:

"If you want to talk about boys being controlled by gangsters there are certainly a number of Bar Owners who would fit that description because of the way they treat and take advantage of their boys.."

I assume this statement is fact and not rumor. So kindly name these dreadful bar owners.

:D

UNLIKE YOU I don't t use names to harm anyone because of what I have been told. Since I am not a GoGo Boy I have no personal experience with these Bar Owners.

Therefore no names . You should think about doing the same until you have personal experience.

I assume any intelligent individual can see the difference between your posts where you used personal names and mine where no names were used.

get It!!

christianpfc
January 2nd, 2014, 09:39
Thank you for sharing. True or not, don't give out to much personal information on chats in gayromeo!

That a profile is set up by a friend is not uncommon. When I don't understand something in their profile (poor English, automatic translation, Thai slang), I ask the boy and sometimes get the answer: "I don't know, friend make". Recently, I watched a boy logging into facebook accounts of his friends (i.e. he had usernames and passwords for his friends' facebook accounts, and it was in their presence).

catawampuscat
January 2nd, 2014, 10:05
Not uncommon for farangs and other boys to help with the English on GR. Many boys speak English well enough but
can use help with grammar, spelling and clarity. As reported earlier, many boys look much better in person than their
pix and some are helped by farangs with better more attractive pix.
No doubt, some farangs controll some boys and use GR to indulge their fetishes, fantasies and obsessions. There are
stalkers and freaks on the web and one always needs to be cautious.