PDA

View Full Version : Massage boy caught red handed !

Nirish guy
December 31st, 2013, 16:03
So, we all know the drill, never leave your shorts, wallet etc unattended in a massage place - well today was the proof as to why that's a sound piece of advice as after getting a crappy massage in the place just round the corner from mosaik ( not the Tuk com end but the other end of the block) the massage boy showed me to the shower and it was obvious he could hardly wait to get back to the massage room ( which was totally empty except for him and I) so I ran the water but immediately turned on my heel back and crept back down the corridor quietly and walked back round my curtain to the find wee bugger with all my folded lose note money spread on the bed and more importantly my wallet out and opened and just about to be plundered lying beside it but as disturbed him he'd dropped it on the bed as he turned on seeing me as needless to say when I walked in he nearly shit himself and then just stupidly stood there as if nothing was happening even though the evidence of his thievery was staring us both in the face!

So, I lifted everything and seeing that I'd beaten him to it just told him to "go away" and that he was a thief and that I'd seen him try to steal my money, which almost hilariously he replied ( bearing in mind there was only him and I there and I'd caught him red handed) he said "it wasn't me" lol - so, that was that, I dressed, went down stairs and told the manager who could barely speak English but I got the point across and walked out just as a hail of "what you do" type conversation was heading his direction, but as I figured most of that was just for show for my benefit as I'm sure it happens all the time and the manager could care less I left them to it.

So, in case we should need reminding NEVER leave your valuables unattended when going to shower in a massage place / knocking shop.

The one good thing I guess was my getting a free happy ending by default so for once it was one nil to the farang for a change !

homeseeker
December 31st, 2013, 17:07
OP: you did well catching him, and you handled the situation well. If u can find out the name of the massage shop that would be even more helpful.
At least u can have a happy new year now!

TravellerDave
December 31st, 2013, 17:17
I always take a plastic bag with me when going for a massage or short-time room, so you can take your wallet and phone with you into the shower.

garypattaya
December 31st, 2013, 17:56
Correct me if I'm wrong,however I do recall a simalar thread a few weeks ago describing the same massage shop as yours.
Does anyone remember this? I think the poster said he had lost a watch if I recall correctly.

Nirish guy
December 31st, 2013, 18:31
Yeah generally I tend to play things by ear and it wasn't that I'd "forgotten" a left my shorts etc but as we were the only two people in the upstairs area and the shower was close by I didn't think for a second he'd be so stupid / ballsy to try it on, but the second he showed me to the shower he was away like a whippet back to the room and I knew instantly what he was up to - subtlety obviously isn't his middle name !

But thank god I was on to him as I'd just been to the ATM and I'm sure when he opened my wallet he thought all his Christmases had come early but the look on his face was a blinder when he realised he'd been caught red handed as I dint he knew just WHAT I was going to do - as choking the life out of the wee bugger did cross my mind for a brief second until I thought better of it.

dab69
December 31st, 2013, 20:46
Just had to search for some Bucky-like tech to counter this:

http://spynuts.com/idalertcard.html

Looking like a credit card with your cash folded around it-
alarm sounds if exposed to light

$5.99 + $1.95 shipping

exploding dye pack (auction)

http://currency.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo ... IdNo=16016 (http://currency.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=310113&lotIdNo=16016)

"...it's all in the tech."

scottish-guy
December 31st, 2013, 22:06
I always take a plastic bag with me when going for a massage or short-time room....

You must be very big man - I find a regular condom fits ok.

dab69
December 31st, 2013, 22:37
"take-out" from the "four hands"
can be voluminous

francois
January 1st, 2014, 07:18
Correct me if I'm wrong,however I do recall a simalar thread a few weeks ago describing the same massage shop as yours.
Does anyone remember this? I think the poster said he had lost a watch if I recall correctly.

Yes, posted by a447, Shit Day in Pattaya.

scottish-guy
January 1st, 2014, 08:51
And can I add that a447a was roundly condemned by certain members. I remember posting that it was a sad state of affairs when the victim gets abused and the perpetrator gets support

catawampuscat
January 1st, 2014, 10:19
Believe it or not..
I know of one farang who goes through the pants and wallets of the boys when they are in the toilet or shower.
He claims to be looking for yaba. What would a boy do if he caught the farang red handed.?

marti
January 1st, 2014, 18:05
Believe it or not..
I know of one farang who goes through the pants and wallets of the boys when they are in the toilet or shower.
He claims to be looking for yaba. What would a boy do if he caught the farang red handed.?
You can't be serious. You had to make this up as a joke. 8-}

Nirish guy
January 1st, 2014, 18:29
So as a nice balance to the bad incident and to show there are still good and honest people in the world I walked into the small cafe next door to the massage place where the above happened abs instantly on my sitting down the owner walked up to me and offered a 100 baht to me very politely and said "happy new year!". When I looked quizzically at him he smiled and said "when you were in here last night and were counting you money at the till you dropped that" - I wonder just how many other businesses would be so honest these days - so refreshing to see there ARE still good people in the world. Of course it'll be little benefit to me now as to keep my karma account in credit I am of course now going to have to give said 100 baht to one of his staff as an ( additional) tip. :-)

Shuee
January 1st, 2014, 18:43
sad to hear the boy went down your pockets, but like me im sure you will now learn the hardway, i roll my trousers up in a rolll starting at waist that way my pockets are wrapped up tight in the middle of the roll so nothing falls out they then accompany me everywhere i need to go & stay in sight, that means shower, toliet, or massage room

i too go through the boys pockets sometimes, but merely out of curiosity,just for looking out of being interested in thai boys & seeing what they might have with them, its surprising to see how much money some have in their wallets already, after i paid a guy 1000bt he then said i need 500bt more to pay room this month, i said well you got that in your wallet already & caught him out lying, he didnt know what to say.... but that got rid of him to leave as he was getting pushy :D

you can also see if theres anything of yours in their pockets before they leave, but do it at your own risk as i know a falang that got caught checking & the thai boy got violent with him!
sometimes i even give them a little frisk at the door before they leave of their pockets to check right in front of them, but ive never been asked why i was doing this, perhaps they know why. & yes ive had my cell phone stolen before!

ainamor
January 1st, 2014, 20:19
So Shuhee that makes you no better than the boy who n,irish caught going through his belongings .

What right do you have to search through a guys belongings especially when you have no reason to suspect any wrongdoing? Maybe n'irish's boy was just being 'inquisitive' or is their one rule for you and one rule for the boys you rent?

Shuee
January 1st, 2014, 20:26
you are getting things mixed up between my actions & n-irish, i cant therefore possible comments on your reply

Nirish guy
January 1st, 2014, 20:44
Shuee I can only assume that you are joking a bit above as it is of course up to each individual to ensure they have secured their own belongings when having a visitor over and resorting to frisking someone on the way out, well ......enough said there perhaps :-) but as you've already hinted do it to the wrong guy and you could very well end up the wrong side of a set of Thai knuckles very quickly I would imagine.

To be fair I have been known to stick my hand down the front of a few Thai guys trousers before to see what they are hiding but that's more usually before they ever get to my room and more usually under the guise of let's say essential medical research ! :-)

On a more positive note it's nice to see that Blue Dolphin massage just around the corner from Apple massage and directly opposite Mosaik DOES take the safety of their customers belongings seriously as immediately on going upstairs and before showering the boy leads you to secure lockers and ASKS YOU ( for his own protection as well as the boy told me later when I was telling him about what had happened elsewhere earlier) to place any valuables such as your phone or wallet in the locker, which he then securely locks in front of you and hands you key and tells you to be sure to take to the shower with you etc.

Also the massage I get there is top rate every time, I get same guy every time who hits every spot both massage wise and the rest to boot and he's my number one massage guy in Pattaya ( and maybe the world ) for sure.

Shuee
January 1st, 2014, 21:10
but what would they do if they caught me sniffing their boxers when they come out of shower? anyone else done that too?

Nirish guy
January 2nd, 2014, 01:45
but what would they do if they caught me sniffing their boxers when they come out of shower? anyone else done that too?

Don't be daft Shuee, that's an easy one, they'd just ask you to tip an extra 50 baht !

thaiguest
January 3rd, 2014, 00:00
So as a nice balance to the bad incident and to show there are still good and honest people in the world I walked into the small cafe next door to the massage place where the above happened abs instantly on my sitting down the owner walked up to me and offered a 100 baht to me very politely and said "happy new year!". When I looked quizzically at him he smiled and said "when you were in here last night and were counting you money at the till you dropped that" - I wonder just how many other businesses would be so honest these days - so refreshing to see there ARE still good people in the world. Of course it'll be little benefit to me now as to keep my karma account in credit I am of course now going to have to give said 100 baht to one of his staff as an ( additional) tip. :-)

Would that cafe owner be a nice man from Pakistan and married to a Thai lady? Just getting my bearings without naming names directly for future avoidance of this den of iniquity and now lately of thievery as well!

catawampuscat
January 3rd, 2014, 08:42
So Shuhee that makes you no better than the boy who n,irish caught going through his belongings .

What right do you have to search through a guys belongings especially when you have no reason to suspect any wrongdoing? Maybe n'irish's boy was just being 'inquisitive' or is their one rule for you and one rule for the boys you rent?

It is a lot more common that you think. Shuhee admitted doing it but it isn't unusual .
A few years back, one farang gave a golden parachute to a long time bf and asked the boy to pack his things and go.
The boy went to a Thai friend who was living with a farang. That two farangs were friendly and one asked the other to go
thru his exbf's bag and take back the money he gave the boy. The farang friend did it.
They robbed the boy and bragged about how smart they were. The thieves justified it by saying the boy probably
stole money from him. I never had anything to do with these farangs again.
Believe it or not.....

Sooty
January 3rd, 2014, 09:43
A few years back, one farang gave a golden parachute to a long time bf and asked the boy to pack his things and go. The boy went to a Thai friend who was living with a farang. That two farangs were friendly and one asked the other to go thru his exbf's bag and take back the money he gave the boy. The farang friend did it. They robbed the boy and bragged about how smart they were.Let me guess. They live in Pattaya.

RichLB
January 3rd, 2014, 09:47
immediately on going upstairs and before showering the boy leads you to secure lockers and ASKS YOU ( for his own protection as well as the boy told me later when I was telling him about what had happened elsewhere earlier) to place any valuables such as your phone or wallet in the locker, which he then securely locks in front of you and hands you key and tells you to be sure to take to the shower with you etc.

I'm not so sure that's safer than taking your belongings with you and keeping an eye on them. Several years ago I went with a guy in a now closed bar that had short time rooms upstairs. The room had a lock and key, but a shower down the hall. We went to the shower, I locked the door and kept the key, but forgot something in the room and returned quickly. I discovered the manager of the bar/short time room inside going through my wallet. It wasn't the boy, it was the manager. Bottom line, be careful about duplicate keys to doors and lockers.

Sooty
January 3rd, 2014, 13:42
immediately on going upstairs and before showering the boy leads you to secure lockers and ASKS YOU ( for his own protection as well as the boy told me later when I was telling him about what had happened elsewhere earlier) to place any valuables such as your phone or wallet in the locker, which he then securely locks in front of you and hands you key and tells you to be sure to take to the shower with you etc.

I'm not so sure that's safer than taking your belongings with you and keeping an eye on them. Several years ago I went with a guy in a now closed bar that had short time rooms upstairs. The room had a lock and key, but a shower down the hall. We went to the shower, I locked the door and kept the key, but forgot something in the room and returned quickly. I discovered the manager of the bar/short time room inside going through my wallet. It wasn't the boy, it was the manager. Bottom line, be careful about duplicate keys to doors and lockers.Why take your wallet ANYwhere?? I have a large fob pocket in every pair of trousers I have made for me; plenty of room to keep the folding stuff.

lonelywombat
January 3rd, 2014, 14:13
Why take your wallet ANYwhere?? I have a large fob pocket in every pair of trousers I have made for me; plenty of room to keep the folding stuff.

Now tell us how the people shaking down your trousers are misled to ignore whats in your large fob pocket. or do you have it locked?

BTW if you do have it locked where do you keep the key when showering?

scottish-guy
January 3rd, 2014, 14:17
... where do you keep the key when showering?

We can all guess where he keeps it - the mystery is in how he retrieves it!

:))

a447
January 3rd, 2014, 15:39
I have a large fob pocket in every pair of trousers I have made for me; plenty of room to keep the folding stuff.

Gosh, that's got the boys fooled!

Well done! Why didn't we all think of that one, Sooty?? I mean, it's hardly rocket science, is it. ROFL

Up until I lost my watch I never really worried too much about getting robbed at massage places. I just took 3000 baht for the massage and a drink and left the rest of my money back in the hotel. I never take anything expensive to LOS so apart from the money, all they can steal is clothing.

But I'm having second thoughts, especially now that Nirish has reminded me of the dangers of using lockers.

It seems that the only thing to do is to carry your money in a plastic zip-lock bag and take it with you into the shower.

Scottishguy wrote:

We can all guess where he keeps it - the mystery is in how he retrieves it!

I think the boys will do that if you offer them an extra tip. :)

Sooty
January 3rd, 2014, 15:54
Why take your wallet ANYwhere?? I have a large fob pocket in every pair of trousers I have made for me; plenty of room to keep the folding stuff.

Now tell us how the people shaking down your trousers are misled to ignore whats in your large fob pocket. or do you have it locked?

BTW if you do have it locked where do you keep the key when showering?Stop being obtuse lonelywombat and a447. I take my trousers to the shower with me. "Hardly rocket science." I wonder who said that recently.

lonelywombat
January 3rd, 2014, 16:01

BTW if you do have it locked where do you keep the key when showering?Stop being obtuse a447.

I take my trousers to the shower with me. "Hardly rocket science." I wonder who said that recently.

Am rolling on the floor pissing myself,Of course he takes his trousers into the shower with him and does not use the locker. it is so obvious

Sooty
January 3rd, 2014, 16:31
I take my trousers to the shower with me.Of course he takes his trousers into the shower with him.Quite so. However what I said was I take my trousers TO the shower. What you have written is that I take my trousers INTO the shower. I know you Australians struggle with the English language but I also take a towel TO the shower without taking it INTO the shower. What is so amusing about that (except to an illiterate Australian)? Oh, sorry, tautology already.

Nirish guy
January 3rd, 2014, 17:05
Would that cafe owner be a nice man from Pakistan and married to a Thai lady? Just getting my bearings without naming names directly for future avoidance of this den of iniquity and now lately of thievery as well!"

Yes it is indeed and he is indeed a lovely gentleman and I'm guessing his wife is the apple of his eye and one lady I'd never want to avoid - unlike some other APPLES I can think of !!! :-)

Oh and someone mentioned I was urging caution about lockers, actually that wasn't myself but the poster made a good point about duplicate keys etc. I would add though that Blue house opposite Mosaik where I'd mentioned had installed lockers have actually positioned them literally one foot outside the shower curtain in a very public area in the building so you could quite happily drop your items off, have your shower and then collect them again without being any more than 3 ft at any time from your belongings.

Thus I do believe they have done their level best to address the security issue and provide as good a level of security as if possible / can be expected and are genuine in their attempts to secure your property for you.

thaiguest
January 4th, 2014, 02:58
Would that cafe owner be a nice man from Pakistan and married to a Thai lady? Just getting my bearings without naming names directly for future avoidance of this den of iniquity and now lately of thievery as well!"

Yes it is indeed and he is indeed a lovely gentleman and I'm guessing his wife is the apple of his eye and one lady I'd never want to avoid - unlike some other APPLES I can think of !!! :-)

Oh and someone mentioned I was urging caution about lockers, actually that wasn't myself but the poster made a good point about duplicate keys etc. I would add though that Blue house opposite Mosaik where I'd mentioned had installed lockers have actually positioned them literally one foot outside the shower curtain in a very public area in the building so you could quite happily drop your items off, have your shower and then collect them again without being any more than 3 ft at any time from your belongings.

Thus I do believe they have done their level best to address the security issue and provide as good a level of security as if possible / can be expected and are genuine in their attempts to secure your property for you.
Thank you. The nearby massage shop seems to be in management crisis - with a screaming ladyboy, a boy that's wrapped up in his wiffe only, everybody smoking (but not me) and a general air of disorder about the place.

Nirish guy
January 4th, 2014, 15:48
Yes I think you're absolutely correct about that as there seems to be an almost total lack of any formal management in attendance most times I pass, there is a Chinese guy who has an air if manager about him who appears in the evenings but as that's the guy I reported the thief to and who seems to have did absolutely nothing about that perhaps he's just another staff member or as I suspect a manager / owner who couldn't careless about such complaints as long as he's still got the (very ropey and certainly untrained) massage staff that he currently has working there.

loke
January 11th, 2014, 17:39
Just don't carry a lot of cash with you and leave your wallet in your safe. All the boys can rob from my pants is a packet of XL condoms.