PDA

View Full Version : The Babylon Posers

danny99
December 30th, 2013, 15:38
I have been a regular visitor to Thailand for many years but have never felt the need to visit a gay sauna, unlike in many other cities of the world. When so many of the attractive population meet your eye contact and smile in return, who needs saunas?

However having heard so much about Babylon, mostly raves, I decided that it was time for a visit. Once and never again!

A building of contrasts it certainly is. With maybe 200 bodies [80% western] one afternoon before Christmas the pool area was full and a stranger sight I have never before seen. The bodies [most of whom will never see 50 again] were lined three and four deep around the pool, all gazing into space, no one apparently even talking...a macho contest for queens...and people pay to come here and do that? A mob of boring posers, worse still the adjoining gym with the even bigger posers displaying their prowess through the open glass window, stretching and preening

As for the sauna, a small well lit box, everyone in a trance. The miniature snaking steam room [passage] was one of those 'do not touch me' places, as was the Maze except for a very dead end in total darkness which was a feeding frenzy, one very short Thai with a bad case of elphantitis being pored by all for later discussion at the bars of Bangkok.

Compared to a recent visit to Thermos in Kuala Lumpur...no comparison...Babylon goodbye forever!

p.s. the small garden coffee lounge at the entrance was the classiest and nicest part of the place.

colmx
December 30th, 2013, 16:01
sounds like you did not hang around long enough!

After 4.30 that dead end in the dark room and the side of the coffee shop courtyard opens out into a huge cruising areas with 100+ cabins, maze, bigger steam room, jacuzzi, another sauna etc

What time did you come and go at?

Sooty
December 30th, 2013, 16:13
What time did you come and go at?Quite obviously he didn't come at all!

gregvc
December 30th, 2013, 17:45
At least it is open whereas many kl saunas have been closed since november due to police raids

christianpfc
December 31st, 2013, 11:12
When so many of the attractive population meet your eye contact and smile in return, who needs saunas?
Where? When? How?

I find it very difficult to meet gays in public, so I frequent gay venues. Amongst them Babylon Sauna. My experiences are quite different from yours. Flirting can start in the locker room.

The miniature snaking steam room [passage] was one of those 'do not touch me' places
Hello? When I walk through I get groped everywhere.

cameroncat
December 31st, 2013, 12:57
Of course the local moneyboys on the street meet your gaze and smile (with visions of Baht floating in their heads LOL)

marti
December 31st, 2013, 15:33
Though I am not a frequent visitor of Babylon I have been there on a couple of occasions and think it is the best venue of its type around. This is certainly true of SE Asia and probably much of the world.

TrongpaiExpat
December 31st, 2013, 17:37
Lots of gay boys I meet visiting Babylon from KL tell me there's nothing like Babylon in Malaysia. For me it's hit or miss but the hits are worth the time putting up with the misses. Sound like you were there at the wrong time. There's bad days and good days. Thai numbers increase after 1800 and many of the farangs seem to leave around 1900. Everyone leaves 2130-2200, so you have a few good hours 1900 to 2100. Now in high season the farang numbers are high. That will change in a few months.

Saunas and not for everyone. In years past a farang visiting Babylon was unique and you were a hot commodity. Those days are gone.

There's a foam party tonight. I have other plans and will not be there. It's generally a full house.

danny99
January 1st, 2014, 11:31
sounds like you did not hang around long enough!
After 4.30 that dead end in the dark room and the side of the coffee shop courtyard opens out into a huge cruising areas with 100+ cabins, maze, bigger steam room, jacuzzi, another sauna etc What time did you come and go at?

You are right! At 4.00 I was already enjoying a coffee in the garden coffee lounge.

danny99
January 1st, 2014, 11:40
Though I am not a frequent visitor of Babylon I have been there on a couple of occasions and think it is the best venue of its type around. This is certainly true of SE Asia and probably much of the world.

I have never since seen any gay sauna that measured up to the Thermos Day Saua in Amsterdam in the late 70's, almost as good were a few in Germany and London, perhaps it was because gay saunas were very new and even atttracted many middle of the road young guys just out for fun [now probably all grandfathers]. Even the council run Steam Baths at East Ham were amazing, but 'straight' places have always been more exciting [though discreet] than pure gay ones....maybe it is the inherent danger of discovery?

danny99
January 1st, 2014, 11:46
Where? When? How? I find it very difficult to meet gays in public, so I frequent gay venues.

I suppose it all depends on how you describe gays? Supposedly 4% of the world's male western population is 'gay', yet [depending on the survey and country culture] 50-70% have some male-to-male experiences at some time in their life....amd I am afreaid that has always been the group [many millions] that has always attracted me during their teen/early 20 years....eye contact, an open smile and game for anyrthing...very wild!

TravellerDave
January 1st, 2014, 20:48
I'm a bit disappointed to read Danny's report on Babylon. I've made quite a few trips to Thailand mainly to Pattaya, where I enjoy visiting Samsuk. I have never been to Babylon and I intended to correct this by a visit during my next trip in a couple of weeks, during a side stay in Bkk for a couple of nights.
I normally arrive a Samsuk about 5.30 after an afternoon on the beach. I sit by the pool, have a small meal and then go looking for sex upstairs in the maze/cruising areas and cabins.
Does Babylon operate on the same lines ?. For sex would I be better taking a boy with me ?.
I have to admit I'm a bit of a poser myself !.

latintopxxx
January 2nd, 2014, 03:11
danny...really sorry toeead about your dissapointing visit, I usually show up at 11am...spend the first part if the day lounging around the pool....sexually it gets more active after 3pm...best on fridays, weejends and public holidays. I cant recall the last time I was in babs and didnt fuck at least twice. Facility wise its one of the best in the world, pool, restauranrs, bars, gym, sauna, lotsa rooms...clean, safe.

christianpfc
January 2nd, 2014, 09:29
For sex would I be better taking a boy with me ?

Well, I go to a sauna to find a sexual partner. If I already have a sexual partner, I wouldn't take him to a sauna (because I prefer sex with in a bed, in my room).

(When I was new to the scene, I took two boys (separate) to gay saunas. Then I realized that this defies the purpose of a gay sauna.)

Sooty
January 2nd, 2014, 10:31
For sex would I be better taking a boy with me ?

Well, I go to a sauna to find a sexual partner. If I already have a sexual partner, I wouldn't take him to a sauna (because I prefer sex with in a bed, in my room).

(When I was new to the scene, I took two boys (separate) to gay saunas. Then I realized that this defies the purpose of a gay sauna.)Isn't that what short-time hotels are for?

TravellerDave
January 2nd, 2014, 14:10
Yes I largely agree guys about taking a boy to a gay sauna defeats the object and I mostly have gone to Samsuk alone or with a friend over the years. On a couple of occasions I have taken my boyfriend-du-jour and have enjoyed playing in the pool with him and having sex in a different environment.

Beachlover
February 3rd, 2014, 11:46
In my opinion... Nup, as far as Asia's concerned, Aniki in Taipei beats Babylon by many times. Your experience may differ though.

latintopxxx
February 4th, 2014, 14:48
danny, u mention that nothing compared to Amsterdam's thermos sauna in the 70's.....like hello...that was like 40 years ago...when u were young and able to get an erection unaided...everything was better when u were younger.

bruce_nyc
February 8th, 2014, 08:33
LOL I was thinking the same thing.... The public restroom at the shopping mall was better 40 years ago! Ha ha 40 years ago, a stroll through the park would probably yield more hotties than Babylon today... if the person is 40 years older. ;-)

catawampuscat
February 8th, 2014, 10:54
LOL I was thinking the same thing.... The public restroom at the shopping mall was better 40 years ago! Ha ha 40 years ago, a stroll through the park would probably yield more hotties than Babylon today... if the person is 40 years older. ;-)

Some older gents are happy to stay in the dark room and 'smoke' up a storm. I need visual and fear the 'dark'. It could
be the old codger with the Zimmer frame 'smoking' you or someone with open sores or an ugly mamasan.
Now, if you're young and fit, you can find what you like in the light or with money in your pocket, the world of hot young
guys is yours,as long as the money holds out.

Dboy
February 11th, 2014, 08:16
Now, if you're young and fit, you can find what you like in the light or with money in your pocket, the world of hot young guys is yours,as long as the money holds out.

I would really like to find something more real than this (not at Babylon of course). Anyone here find a real LTR in Thailand? I guess Smiles did so maybe there's hope.