PDA

View Full Version : Christmas at Colonial bar

Bobett
December 26th, 2013, 10:20
Arrived at Colonial bar at 9-30pm last night (Christmas day) and the place was packed.It was standing room only,never see so many customers thai and falang. Iv been drinking there from the old La Cage days and Mike never managed to pack them in like last night.The staff did a great job and it only took 2 mins for my drink to arrive with a melly clistmas kiss. Alan the owner found a bar stool for me to park my arse on and I was soon joined by my usual boozing pals.

After my2nd beer the free raffel started (start of Dec.you got a raffle ticket with every bill). Kelvin called out the numbers and did that well as he has a good welsh gob on him. FUCK ME I WON 2 prizes :-o !! First time ever. Then again I did have 36 tickets. Timmberty had 38 tickets and won nothing :)) That will give him something to bitch about. Good thing about the raffle it dident go on forever like some of them do and Kelvin made it entertaining taking the piss out of his friends.

After the raffle it was hot mince pies & cream for everyone. After that some people left but at midinight the place was still full but seats were available. When I left at 1-45am. Only about 4 customers left but the boys still pulled a few passers by in for a drink and a grope LOL.

I would like to thank Alan,Var and all the boys at Colonial for a great night out. They must have put a lot of work into it :ymapplause:

paperboy
December 26th, 2013, 17:38
yes happy christmas to my fav bar
and too alan and var and all the boys, esp my bf
p.s. how is old brenden???
last time i was there he was always asleep in the chair lol

daf4
December 30th, 2013, 01:29
when I was over in oct/ nov it was my local, nice boys,good management and friendly clientele really loved the place

catawampuscat
December 30th, 2013, 09:36
I heard from a reliable source that Colonial bar was for sale..

lonelywombat
December 30th, 2013, 10:14
I was told that both partners wanted to buy the other half, and the agreement asked was more than the other wanted to pay.

Cannot remember the name of the partner working in the middle east but he seemed keen. I got the impression Brandon? does not believe in selling anything.

Sooty
December 30th, 2013, 16:41
I was told that both partners wanted to buy the other half, and the agreement asked was more than the other wanted to pay.I never draft a partnership agreement without the formula for a sale to the other partner(s) being spelt out right at the beginning. It's usually along the lines of "If I make an offer that you refuse, I will sell my share to you at the same price I offered for yours". It certainly forces everyone to think before they bandy around some low-ball numbers.

thaiguest
January 2nd, 2014, 23:50
I was told that both partners wanted to buy the other half, and the agreement asked was more than the other wanted to pay.

Cannot remember the name of the partner working in the middle east but he seemed keen. I got the impression Brandon? does not believe in selling anything.

"Bobett" above mentions "Alan the owner". You mention a partner in the middle east and Brendon? Are Alan and the Scottish/Irish guy Brendon? not joint partners in this bar?

Bobett
January 3rd, 2014, 13:25

"Bobett" above mentions "Alan the owner". You mention a partner in the middle east and Brendon? Are Alan and the Scottish/Irish guy Brendon? not joint partners in this bar?

Alan is welsh and lives in pattaya. Brendon is irish and is more or less a silent partner. The bar is for sale if any one wants to make an offer. I dont know how much they want for it.

rtu55
January 4th, 2014, 15:45
I was in Pattaya first time ever for me in December, visiting different bars, and I must say the Colonial was one of the bars with the most friendly staff. I loved the place! They made you fell very welcome and I will definitely return to this bar next time I┬┤m in Pattaya.