PDA

View Full Version : GQ Bar in Vientiane closed?

netrix
December 21st, 2013, 21:00
I was in Vientiane July 1 this year, 6 months ago and GQ Bar was closed up tight.
Does anyone know if they're still open? Maybe I was there on a day they were closed?
I'm headed there again next week for a few days. Any other recent updates on the town?

pong
December 23rd, 2013, 13:46
sorry, DK.
Listings on travelgayasia seem to be updated fairly regularly and dependably. Utopia-asia is hit or miss, but take a look if anything has appeared.

lonelywombat
December 24th, 2013, 06:40
Was that a reply to the opening thread. Pong I get confused with every post you make.

Where is the answer to thee question

travelasia has 3 hotels listed , the last one 4 months old the others almost 12 months.

Netrix I tried the email for the bar and it bounced. not a good indication that it is open.

urban cowboy-old
January 2nd, 2014, 21:20
I am happy to report this bar was open in the end of November 2013. We had a great night here and my bar bill ended up to 400 000 kip (only 1600 baht)! Stayed in Hotel Intercity just around the corner close to the night market and with river view. I like it!

urban cowboy-old
January 2nd, 2014, 21:33
Some more info: I visited GQ Bar two nights in a row together with a thai friend who I had taken on a little holiday. They had 2-4 charming boys working there as waiters, one of them was the "boss". Number of costumers 2 - 10, some locals and some farangs. Very good service and very friendly atmosphere. We were invitied to join the staff after closing hours 1 o┬┤clock to continue the evening in a gay friendly night club nearby, but decided we had already had enough and went back to our hotel. I really liked this bar! And I am sure I would have had a good time even if I had come to this bar all by myself and not with my thai friend.

netrix
February 11th, 2014, 21:30
thanks urban cowboy. glad to hear GQ is still open. i'm heading back later this month and staying at intercity as well. i like that location and the rooms are clean and pretty nice. river view.

christianpfc
February 12th, 2014, 12:40
I was there two weeks ago, the bar is open. However customer numbers were very low.