PDA

View Full Version : SOLID!

danny99
December 21st, 2013, 13:21
I miss SOLID, and TOP MAN many years before that. I like a boys bar [mostly straitish] where you are not hassled by either the boys or the management. I go there for a few drinks, take in the eye candy invite one for a drink and play little games, sometimes taking one home.

Can anyone suggest a place that fiits that description in Bangkok?

scottish-guy
December 21st, 2013, 15:27
When you say "Top Man" - I'm assuming you mean some bar in BKK rather than TopMan in Sunee where the highlight of the evening's "entertainment" was the French (?) farang owner with a face like a burst settee appearing on stage in a bouffant wig and incredibly tight red dress (with large pot belly of 8 months pregnant proportions pushing it out) lip-synching to "I Did It My Way?"

:))

dab69
December 21st, 2013, 17:50
Uhmm, Top Man (Bangkok) was across the alley and upstairs from DJ Station few years ago?
The Sunee one no one would miss...(well, sounds like Scottish misses it)

dab69
December 21st, 2013, 21:02
Of course I have only heard of such establishments, having never actually been there myself.
I am relying on reports from others.

christianpfc
December 23rd, 2013, 12:14
That must have been before I started traveling to Thailand four years ago.

Try the other Soi 6 bars: Super A (now on ground level), Golden Cock, Nature Boys.

pong
December 23rd, 2013, 13:17
in NB you are 123% sure to get the naked truth right in your face. SprA-or whatever it is called now-mainly vying for more drinks.
For more polite-but only Thai speaking- such boys, try Sapan kwai.
But honestly-though I very well agree with you and support the case, this type of bar is dying out-cannot make money that way.
(yes, I now think/recall TopMan was also what once was Butterfly bar? across from DJ.

danny99
December 24th, 2013, 10:38
Try the other Soi 6 bars: Super A (now on ground level), Golden Cock, Nature Boys.

I had stopped going to Golden Cock many years ago when the arrogant owner upset me, but went back last night as there was a cute boy sitting outside and no heavy spruiking, just a smile.....he was nice and friendly, we sat at bar and were quickly joined by another boy, which I normally never agree to but a quiet brush against his thin shorts and I did not object to his staying as well [Nop, very Isaan], quite a handful. Drink price quite reasonable, boys happy with some BAht after a fun 30 minutes whilst barman slept behind the bar [I was told owner never works there any more].