PDA

View Full Version : Member of the year nominations.

arsenal
December 20th, 2013, 12:25
As 2013 draws to its inevitable close I have decided to nominate my candidate for member of the year. The competition is tough. I considered Nirish for his continued services to sexual hedonism and Scottish for his willingness to engage in grown up debate. I also gave a lot of thought to Surfcrest for his efforts since taking over the board and, believe it or not Timmberty because he's the whiny kid no one likes so it might cheer him up and stop him sniveling.

But in the end I decided to vote for Bucknaway. He posts on a number of topics and like a revolving Japanese buffet, if you don't like what's in front of you there will be something different very soon.

Marsilius
December 20th, 2013, 14:08
At the risk of being accused of arse licking, I'd nominate Surfcrest as the member who stepped in to rescue the board at a time when its future was in jeopardy.

scottish-guy
December 20th, 2013, 14:57
@ Arsenal

I'm touched.

:p

But my nomination has to wing itself in the direction of Surfy.

Without raking stuff up - when you think of the external abuse and (attempted) intimidation he has had to put up with since gaining control of the Board, it is quite sickening - and the easiest thing would have been to close the board down (which was of course the object of the abuse)

I certainly hope he gets it well filled this Xmas (his stocking of course!!)

:ymparty:

lonelywombat
December 20th, 2013, 15:56
Why have posts been deleted on this thread. Marsilius was nominated . That nomination was deleted .Why?

This answers the question surfcrest asked on another forum. Why?

Maybe people are getting sick of posts being deleted without an excuse or reason

manforallseasons-and-friends-come-back-t30214.html (http://sawatdeenetwork.com/forum/manforallseasons-and-friends-come-back-t30214.html)

Surfcrest
December 21st, 2013, 00:43
Maybe people are getting sick of posts being deleted without an excuse or reason

According to our moderator logs, there have been only 4 moderator decisions made in the past 72 hours...since Tuesday.
In that time, I have been the only moderator signed into the Board. Here are the decisions;

1) Moved your topic "Best LGBT Films..." from Gay Thailand to Open Discussion, because it was about films, not Thailand.
2) Moved the Booking.Com thread to Board Business from Gay Thailand...because it's old news and that's where it belongs.
3) Updated the Sawatdee Update thread to notify members we had reactivated old deleted memberships so that their posts could be searched.
4) Moved the iwanttoknow thread that Neal Bernard tried to post to the Holding Room, for some laughs.

These are the only four items, the Board has been very quiet...no posts have been deleted or this would appear in our moderator logs as past decisions.
You can't delete the logs without that decision being recorded and there is nothing there, these are the only 4 decisions.
Are you actually seeing something LW? The RSS feeds should show you whether anything has been deleted, moderated...or even read, until now?

Surfcrest

whitemouse
December 21st, 2013, 02:21
Hey!

I been reading Sawadee forum for few years. I never felt the urge to join the forum.
The biggest issue with Sawadee board was strict rules, the place had more strict rules than Youtube.
Posts were edited by admin, posts that admin disagreed with were often deleted, posters banned, often the coolest posters.

There is one good thing about internet, and boards.. You can speak your mind, you dont have to mince words, you can be yourself. But that never applied here. Admin edited, deleted posts at a whim.

There was no reason to join. If yoy are not allowed to speak your mind, what is the point of a web board?

So I would nominate a person who is currently in charge!

Board has become much more tolerant recently, it is now what a web board is supposed to be.

Im a noob here. But Ive followed Sawadee from around 4 years ago.
What made me follow, were the postings of Matt, usernmame Cdnmatt, i maybe not spell his nick correctly, apologiz!

I had just ended my 2 year serious relationship in Thailand, my first and last here. Matt had just fallen in love and moved to Isaan around the same time.
I wanted to screem from the top of my loungs, Matt, brother, think twice! But he wouldnt have listened to me, so I never posted.. Afterall his relationship is not same as mine, they are always different.. At least we always think they are. I followed Matts life with great interest! Many circumstances were exactly the same, at the yime I also ran online business from here, I had hopelessly falling in love here, just that it happened 2 years prior to his.

But I never joined. Web board that is policed as carefully as young girls boarding school, is not what internet is all about. You dont like another user, click ignore.
Editing members post is out of the question. It is simply not done. Nobody has that right. As admin, delete the post if warranted, ban a user if it is warranted.. But you do not edit.

If as admin you are not tolerating a view you disagree with, on an online forum, your board will slowly die. Or it can die fast. Few of admins friends keep posting for a while, but they soon get bored, there is only so long 4 people attending the board give up, cos forum is basically dead by then.

People who read threads, and see the cencorship will never join. So running a board that way comes to end at some point, there simply are no members who post.

Sorry for rambling!

I nominate the current Admin, or whoever runs this board!

dab69
December 21st, 2013, 03:14
re: deleted posts.

Perhaps the poster who nominated Marcilius deleted his own post before the time had expired

Mancs
December 21st, 2013, 04:27
Surfcrest did sterling work in rescuing the board. But I think we have to nominate an ordinary member so I vote for Christianpfc for truthful, entertaining and funny updates on his quest for the right man.

whitemouse
December 21st, 2013, 04:51
If not voting for new admin, I would also vote for chrianpfc.

His posts are always entertaining, and often there is something to learn from chritianpfc's posts.
Every time I see a new post from christianpfc, I click on his post first, and then look around what other threads are there.

adman5000
December 21st, 2013, 07:39
I am also thankful to Surfcrest for the improvements in the board. Before he took over the board, I found myself ignoring a lot of admin posts because I did not think it appropriate to publicly take on others while using the admin position to delete, edit, ban, etc. I think the board is handled more professionally and even if some disagree, he tries to clearly state his reasons or position. thank you for your efforts.

I think we should nominate a member other than the owner. So I second the nomination of Christianpfc. He has brightened up the board by adding reports on his adventures. I appreciate the time spent to develop such posts and maintain such detail in his notebooks or brain cells. I find such adventures entertaining including his dry sense of humor. When you can't be in Thailand as much as you would like, the next best thing is reading about the antics of someone who is there and sampling the many opportunities.

whitemouse
December 22nd, 2013, 04:44
Yes, I agree with poster above me 100%.

Chritianpfc is the member whos posts I always read, before any other post.
His posts are like short novels.

whitemouse
December 27th, 2013, 00:18
Why have posts been deleted on this thread. Marsilius was nominated . That nomination was deleted .Why?

This answers the question surfcrest asked on another forum. Why?

manforallseasons-and-friends-come-back-t30214.html (http://sawatdeenetwork.com/forum/manforallseasons-and-friends-come-back-t30214.html)

I thought this is no longer happening here. Posts that comply with forum rules are being deleted, with no reason given?
After several years of reading Sawadee forum, I only registered because editing and deleting posts policy changed, and Sawadee forum became what a well run web board should be.

If posts are arbitrarily deleted or edited, then why even post here?

Surfcrest
December 27th, 2013, 01:44
I thought this is no longer happening here. Posts that comply with forum rules are being deleted, with no reason given?
After several years of reading Sawadee forum, I only registered because editing and deleting posts policy changed, and Sawadee forum became what a well run web board should be.

If posts are arbitrarily deleted or edited, then why even post here?

I think the real issue here is the font size and so I take full responsibility for posts that aren't seen, we've had a few examples of this as of late.
The post the lonelywombat thought had vanished was still there / here on this thread, where it's always been.

http://sawatdeenetwork.com/forum/post285015.html#p285015

We'll take a look at what we can do with the font size with the next round of updates and improvements we are working on.

Surfcrest

christianpfc
December 27th, 2013, 10:01
Font size is fine for me, but bigger font wouldn't hurt. Meanwhile, there is a way to increase font size: press "Ctrl" and "+" (or "Ctrl" and "-" to decrease).

bigwag
December 27th, 2013, 18:52
To some extent I agree with adman...surfcrest is to be congratulated for saving the board from that lunatic Neal...despite his maniacal rants sgt is doing very we'll thank you very much! Neal must be seething with anger...haha...all his lone efforts to bring down this board have failed...another public humiliation for Neal. How many more can he endure???

But I also think someone other than the owner should win and so I nominate nirishguy because his posts are always full of juicy detail and so much FUN!!! Never a negative comment from him...he's too busy having a good time and reporting back to us all.

scottish-guy
December 27th, 2013, 19:18
Well, I have to say that Bigwag has a point.

By the quantity of his sexcapades and sheer staying-power, if NIrish is not himself the member of the year he must surely possess it.

Either way, I feel some kind of a rosette is in order.

:ymparty:

Nirish guy
December 28th, 2013, 09:15
Well as I dont post a tenth of what I used to in regards to
Any fun or otherwise I may or not get up to whilst here I feel a rosette is not at all in order, plus I'd be more concerned as to where you'd end up trying to pin it too !! :-)

So because of my lack of info I must humbly suggest that our very own Anon gets the top spot, not only for his services to shagging but also single handed efforts in propping up the Thai currency during the recent civil unrest with large purchases of drink and boys all in the line of duty !

I have for those that are interested managed to keep my end of the Thai / farang global relationship up this year in a most semi respectable / disgraceful fashion even by my own standards. However I do have to add that I've just arrived back in Pattaya from Bali and am having a crisis of conscience as to which Country has the cutest boys and much to my own surprise right now I'm siding with Bali !! - whoever I'm giving it a day or two - or should I say a shag or two to re compare notes and I may well return to the Thai camp, or more likely just be greedy and opt for the best of both worlds and return to both places again for 2014! :-)

dab69
December 28th, 2013, 11:34
However I do have to add that I've just arrived back in Pattaya from Bali and am having a crisis of conscience as to which Country has the cutest boys and much to my own surprise right now I'm siding with Bali !!

No nomination for Nirish until pics are posted 8-}

Manforallseasons
December 28th, 2013, 11:54
L.M.T.U.

Nirish guy
December 28th, 2013, 12:13
There - that's from yesterday morning and is much as you are getting !! :-) right where's my rosette and can I get to pick what colour it is so it goes with my outfit for tonight !! Lol

anonone
December 28th, 2013, 15:04
NIrish. Thanks for the nomination, butI am not sure I could pass the vetting. Probably have to return my crown after the sex scandal is revealed.....or perhaps with this crew, be awarded a second prize.

I just couldn't stay away, so actually at the airport currently, heading back into the arms of beloved BF. Arrive Pattaya shortly, for latest injection..... (of economic stimulus).

Hopefully run into you while you are on the prowl.....

Nirish guy
December 28th, 2013, 18:05
Ha ha oh aye so much for "nope, I'll only be going for a short trip this time" lol - well look forward to seeing in the usual place/s - I'll alert Nabs whiskey supplier that you're back in town so they can send to Bangkok for re supply and reinforcement bar staff !!! Lol.

Welcome back - hell it feels like you'd only just felt too !! Lol

Brad the Impala
December 28th, 2013, 21:45
I would like to suggest Newalaan2 for his recent posts regarding life/gay life outside the commercial centres, which were informative and entertaining.

http://sawatdeenetwork.com/forum/lives-options-for-gay-over-year-old-thais-t30193.html

http://sawatdeenetwork.com/forum/post285082.html#p285082

bkkmfj2648
December 29th, 2013, 01:19
I would like to vote for Vinapu - as he wrote some very detailed and accurate trip reports that have been extremely useful for my trip and for many other members.

thaiguest
December 29th, 2013, 01:34
I nominate Manforallseasons.
The man has been brief and to the point and above all consistent re the moribund state of Sunnee Plaza. He has shown remarkable foresight- predicting correctly the present moribund state of not alone Sunnee but all Thailand and especially the gay locations therein. I would like to meet him personally but I can't find him. I fear that the bars he frequented are all closed by now by way of a self perpetuating prophesy perhaps. He doesn't uses endearing pet names or treat the forum like it's franchised out to Hello Kitty. He's our man!

Smiles
December 29th, 2013, 08:01
In the tradition of 'Time Magazine Person of the Year' (which means the person with the greatest influence on the world stage, not, as most Americans always seem to think, the most popular person during the year) I'd give the Sawatdee Member of the Year prize to ~ brace yourselves: Neal.

Counted upon to act the Amazing Fool on every level, on every issue, every time ... he sold the Board to Surfcrest early this year and within seconds of the ink drying decided to try and destroy it: by employing every kind of devious, demented, odious, back-stabbing tool he could get his slimy fingers on.
In the end, he did not succeed (never had a chance really), but that does not mean the now-mostly-over shenanigans were not weirdly psychotic (on his part), and head-scratchingly WTF?-making (on the general readers part) ... i.e. enormously entertaining, in the 'One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest' tradition.

christianpfc
December 29th, 2013, 11:11
bkkmfj2648, vinapu posts on gaythailand, but not here. But I agree, he or firecat would get my member of the year nomination on gaythailand.

My interpretation of "Member of the Year" is who made the best contributions (not the most posts, not the most talked about). That includes correct use of English and maybe even style. Quality, not quantity. Various subjects, not always the same.

I have to say that reading about others' visits to bars or massage parlors is interesting to some extent, but there is rarely something new, adventurous or inspiring in it.

After short thought, I would nominate Smiles, Jellybean, Bucknaway or Newalaan2 for member of the year. But this is biased towards posts during the last few months, I would have to go back the entire year to see if there is consistency.

stkyricesf
December 29th, 2013, 12:15
Why not have the owner/administrators just post which member posted the most this year. Personally I would always nominate the owner of a site, but what can I say, I appreciate all the work they do. I have been following a majority of board's since 1997, but only post when I feel I either want information or someone says something so stupid, I feel I have to post. Overall, I still daily follow most board's, because I love Thailand and the boy's and if new info comes up I'd like to know. :ymhug:

Smiles
December 29th, 2013, 13:50
" ... but only post when I feel I either want information or someone says something so stupid ... "
Using that particular measurement your post count should be well into the thousands by now.

bigwag
December 29th, 2013, 17:17
Smiles I also thought of nominating Neal under the Time magazine Person of the Year criteria...after all Hitler made it to cover of Time...but you need to be more than just nasty, evil, deceptive, slimey, and a compulsive liar...you actually have to achieve something. What has Neal achieved over the past year...let's see...he's presided over one board which he just about destroyed, started the ill fated cruising gaythailand board that died at birth...haha...and is now talking to himself on you know where.
All he has achieved is to demonstrate what an asshole he is...and that is not enough to qualify for poster of the year.

Hi Neal! Shame you have no one to sympathise with you over your alleged "heart attack". It's hilarious to read your hydras sympathising with you. Do you also send yourself birthday cards?? By the way I didn't know you had 3 previousd heart attacks...all serious. And to think, you have snuck out of the intensive care unit and rushed home to have sex with your paid for boyfriend. All this after a allegedly "serious heart attack." Wonders never cease! Nor do the lies...haha

Oh and i forgot to mention another board failure with neals fingerprints all over it...gaylifeinthailand. The Ambiance Hotel advertises there and we all know neals a great supporter of that hotel. Why otherwise would the Ambiance risk its advertising dollar on a site that hasnt even proven itself?? Yes neal is involved so that makes 4 boards in all, as there have been no posts on gaylife for about 2 weeks. Another public humiliation for neal.

catawampuscat
December 30th, 2013, 09:31
Maybe a poll would make sense. Hopefully better than the 2008 poll which pops up
On related topics just under quick reply box. Hmmm.. Maybe no poll a better idea?