PDA

View Full Version : manforallseasons and friends come back!

thaiguest
December 20th, 2013, 00:57
Is it only me or is this forum living out its last days through a type of incestuous group suicide?
There used to be an edge here but now all we have are a bunch of gays calling each other pet names like 'scottie' and 'nirish' etc..... lavishing layer upon layer of vanilla on each other...playing little games like 'can you spot the poster via the writing style' etc.
Please come back "Manforallseasons" and other nasties- you may be bad and nasty but you're not likely to send us all to sleep for ever and ever or until the forum dies a death- which ever comes first.

arsenal
December 20th, 2013, 09:18
To the tune of Simon and Garfunkels' Mrs Robinson:

Where have you gone Manforallseasons, A gayboard turns its lonely eyes to you.
Woo hoo hoo.
What's that you say Mr Undaunted, Grumpy Man has left and gone away.
Hey hey hey, hey hey hey.

Surfcrest
December 20th, 2013, 15:44
thaiguest is right in that readership and posting has dropped off this year and looking at the other sites, they too seem to be experiencing the same thing.

Is this because of the political situation in Bangkok?

Is this because Thailand is falling out of favour for expats and tourists?

Is it the Board(s), not offering what people want?

Or is it the other negative influences in Gay Message Board land?

Our numbers were falling, especially when the ban and proxy response issues were at their worst. We dropped down to 70 or so members logging in each day, down from well over 100.
When we upgraded the site, removed the server / proxy issues and changed the front page...numbers jumped back up to nearly 170 members logging in each day. Lately, the numbers have been falling again, week by week to about 140 now.

It would be interesting to know how the membership feels about this!

Surfcrest

Dani69
December 20th, 2013, 17:42
OMG let him stay away all he ever did was knock Sunee Plaza- yet every night when I go there I see the King or should it be the Queen of Sunee riding his little Chariot (no helmet of course)
Rather have BeachBore back

aot871
December 20th, 2013, 18:14
I think its because Thailand and mostly pattaya is no longer the no 1 place for gay guys of a certain age to visit, you can tell that by the numbers of guys around the bars etc. Also its the prices charged nowadays, most people now have lower incomes than before .there fore if you are not going to thai , why read the forum?

adman5000
December 20th, 2013, 21:21
A variety of factors have reduced the number of Farangs visiting Thailand.

This is turn has resulted in many less posts regarding questions, advice, trip reports, evaluations experiences, etc. Given the results of a poll from some time ago, this was one of the main voted reasons readers read the forum. I think we can see the degree of interest when someone does post such an article, many members will comment and thank the poster. Those types of posts generate more views and replies.

These types of posts generated dialog and quips back and forth of all sorts sometimes leading to different opinions that made for more interesting reading. I don't think it had to necessarily be controversial, but more that some had different viewpoints.

We also have many less reports on food, restaurants, etc. I wonder why this is? B-)

Is there an opinion about what location has replaced Thailand as the number one location for gay travel?

dab69
December 20th, 2013, 23:26
this reminds me of beach bunny, a slightly less annoying version of beachloser.
at least bunny had come clean about making up homnitern.

the-colonel-homintern-t18103-75.html#p213396 (http://sawatdeenetwork.com/forum/the-colonel-homintern-t18103-75.html#p213396)

if annoying fiction is enjoyable for you
go read a bible

Surfcrest
December 21st, 2013, 00:16
Cool link dab69...I remember that thread well, as should a few members here.

That story started even earlier, as you see thonglor55 is already posting as Beach Bunny in that thread...and before that he was known as boygeenyus.
He would be about my age and so I would hope that he is alive and well and possibly still posting under a new name. The name changes were as a result of being banned so many times.
The Colonel and boygeenyus, both from Bangkok always claimed they knew who the other was and that lead to many classic scraps and threads long ago since deleted.

That thread was just after we had Beached Bunny, one of the Colonel's last identities before he disappeared all together...and a direct mocking of Beach Bunny. I believe they even had the same avatar. Before that, he was homintern and I believe that user name was banned when he posted a photo of boygeenyus here. And back to the start, he was the Colonel...whether he was Stephen or Colonel Stephen so and so or more probably, a character created by someone we'll never know...which I think, made him one of the greats of this Board because his secrets were never revealed.

My memory is a little vague on the different Board types before this format...I only remember the EZ Board.

Surfcrest

December 21st, 2013, 02:50

the-colonel-homintern-t18103-75.html#p213396 (http://sawatdeenetwork.com/forum/the-colonel-homintern-t18103-75.html#p213396)

go read a bibleWhat he didn't come clean about was making up Beachlover, possibly his greatest work of fiction!

dab69
December 21st, 2013, 05:04

go read a bibleWhat he didn't come clean about was making up Beachlover, possibly his greatest work of fiction!

If he really did make up Beachloser, he did a really great job of hiding an even modest IQ.
How "value added" is that?

Come to think of it, Homniturd had a really annoying big headed avatar picture,
almost as pathetic as the mime-faced crying clown.

thaiguest
December 21st, 2013, 18:25
To the tune of Simon and Garfunkels' Mrs Robinson:

Where have you gone Manforallseasons, A gayboard turns its lonely eyes to you.
Woo hoo hoo.
What's that you say Mr Undaunted, Grumpy Man has left and gone away.
Hey hey hey, hey hey hey.

Pretty good.
I'm a bit disappointed with all the positivity in the replies. I was suffering from the ennui of this low "high" season and the fishing not being good I decided to throw a sprat on the calm sea expecting a shoal of barracudas. Nothing but wholesome fare in the relies. Not a bark let alone a bite from the wise but grumpy walrus lounging on the distant rocks- manforallseasons. Yes it's sleepy time in Georgia for sure.

ainamor
December 21st, 2013, 19:10
For myself and a few other members of this board I gave up posting and regularly even just looking at this board after the spate of edits to posts by moderators that completely changed the context of posts, posts that in no way infringed the rules of the forum, edits that were made by moderators without any footnote as to why or even that they had been edited. It was ridiculous for moderators to think that anyone who had read an original post would not notice that edits had been made, it showed a complete disregard for not only the OP but also to the forum members.

Although I drop by once or twice a week when I have a few minutes to spare just to see what is happening with the board I take any posts with a pinch of salt as the accuracy of posts as being the original posts now lacks confidence.

When most other boards do edit posts they have the decency to note the edit in a footnote.

Get rid of he childish editing policy and people will regain confidence that the posts are not just following the agenda of the board 'management'

Sooty
December 21st, 2013, 21:22
I believe the problem with the Forum is, as Surfcrest posted, really "what is the problem with Thailand" and frankly it's hard to know where to start. I arrived at Swampy this afternoon from Singapore where I've been doing some work for a customer. What a contrast. At Swampy this was the farce that marked a first experience of Thailand for some time

AOT Limousines. I'd like a limo. "No have. Maybe thirty minute."
Airport Link Express. I'd like to get a ticket for the express to Phya Thai. "No have. Next one 35 minute"
In the end I took a taxi, my most hated form of transport in Thailand. Stuck in a traffic jam, the meter ticked inexorably towards what it would have cost to travel by limo

Tomorrow, I'm told, one of the most corrupt politicians in Thailand hopes to shut down central Bangkok by holding a rally ... against corruption. The opposition party - which has no hope of winning this or any other election - has decided to boycott the election called for February 2, which pretty much guarantees the result will be invalid

Singapore is inching away from the one-party dictatorship under the Lee family that it has been since independence, but (like that other fascist state, Mussolini's Italy) the trains and everything else pretty much run on time

Surfcrest
December 22nd, 2013, 10:17
Get rid of he childish editing policy and people will regain confidence that the posts are not just following the agenda of the board 'management'

I think a great deal has changed in respect to moderation for this Board. A few adjustments were needed to get rid of the Bitches and to address the hydra issue...which, as it turned out was mostly one member. Once the war with the Bitch Board had been fought, moderation has become minimal.....especially as of late.

Surfcrest

Beachlover
February 3rd, 2014, 11:54
Manforallseasons was a disgusting prick (opinion) but must admit I did enjoy his posts.

February 3rd, 2014, 13:37
Manforallseasons was a disgusting prick (opinion) but must admit I did enjoy his posts.Better I supposed than being a total prick (fact) whose sanctimonious posts no-one enjoys.

Manforallseasons
February 3rd, 2014, 15:35
Manforallseasons was a disgusting prick (opinion) but must admit I did enjoy his posts.

I never felt anything but pity for you to be so unhappy with oneself that it was necessary for you to invent a life. (opinion)

lonelywombat
February 3rd, 2014, 18:05
MOAS do you have a comment about beachlover as well?

Manforallseasons
February 3rd, 2014, 18:31
Lonely now don't be paranoid, it wasn't you.

latintopxxx
February 4th, 2014, 15:26
i do check in at least once a week, but post a lot less...simply found posting exhausting...so tend to do a lot less now...