View Full Version : strand inn bangkok

yorkboy691x
December 8th, 2013, 19:53
Hi guys,
has anyone stayed here? is it gay friendly?
thanks for any replies
:D

scottish-guy
December 8th, 2013, 22:09
Hi yorkboy - yes, I have stayed there - but, as I no longer visit BKK, it was about 5 years ago and my comments must be read in that context.

Great location in the heart of Patpong, the rooms are nice, no problem bringing boys back, and no joiner fee.

I stayed in one of the "penthouses/bungalows" on the roof. From memory there are 3 of those and we occupied two.

Speaking for my own experience, the accommodation was absolutely fine - with Jacuzzi in the room etc - but the staff left a lot to be desired, being morose and disinterested.

On checking-in, I remember a key could not immediately be found for the other bungalow and although there was a safe in the room it was less than satisfactory having to go out and leave the door unlocked! That situation persisted for most of the first day. There seemed to be no sense of urgency in doing anything which was requested of the staff. That same bungalow had obviously not been occupied for a while because when the jacuzzi was turned on, black muck/mould started spewing out of the jets! Not very pleasant, to say the least. Also, there was no toilet paper in the bathroom as a friend found out right at the point he need it!

Also, on coming back one night (with company) one of our party (yes, the black mould/no toilet paper/no room key one) left his mobile phone lying on the reception desk - by the time he remembered (5 mins later) it was gone. Now, I'm not saying the staff purloined it, and it was his own carelessness, but you would think it would be safe on the reception desk for 5 mins. He checked out next day, but not before they stiffed him for several thousand baht for leaving early!!

On the other hand I had no trouble whatsoever - but I wouldn't call it gay-friendly by any stretch of the imagination - "gay tolerant" maybe. I do not visit BKK any more, but if I did, I doubt I'd stay there again.

As I said - 5 years have passed and things might be totally different, but you did ask for personal experiences! Hopefully someone will have more recent experience of the hotel, and if so I will bow to their evaluation.

:ymparty:

pong
December 9th, 2013, 13:35
is it gay friendly?
Did not know the place, but now seeing location: completely superfluous Q-at such a location no HTL could afford to be visitor unfriendly. But then its right smack in the middle of the str8 activities.

timmberty
December 9th, 2013, 13:54
is it gay friendly?
Did not know the place, but now seeing location: completely superfluous Q-at such a location no HTL could afford to be visitor unfriendly. But then its right smack in the middle of the str8 activities.

really a completely superfluous A.

what are you saying ? at such a location theres no way it can't be gay friendly, even tho its in the middle of a straight area.

even when you manage to post a post that is readable it still makes fuck all sense.

yorkboy691x
December 10th, 2013, 11:26
thanks Scottish-guy, that's the level of info I was looking for :)
with regards to it being gay friendly, I accept that being in the area it is, guests shouldn't be a problem, but some hotels don't appear to be happy when you are bringing 2 or 3 guys back each day :D
Scottish-guy, did they take the guys ID?, or is the reception / security not bothered?

thanks again for replies.

scottish-guy
December 10th, 2013, 19:00
From memory, yes - we had to "queue up" whilst ID was examined and retained.

Bobett
December 12th, 2013, 16:47
timberty you bad boy!!!! play nice :)

timmberty
December 13th, 2013, 22:42
another one bites the dust haha your fault bobett.

yorkboy691x
December 13th, 2013, 22:47
thanks Scottish-guy for you replies :)