PDA

View Full Version : Images Now Open in Lightbox Slideshow

elephantspike
December 3rd, 2013, 08:08
If you don't know what Lightbox is just click on the image below:

[attachment=0:aryjg2i4]thaipuppets.jpg[/attachment:aryjg2i4]

That's Lightbox.

If you'r image is within the dimensions of 640px X 480 px it will just show as is in the post but if it is larger than that, it will auto resize to that size and when clicked it will open in Lightbox.

This unfortunately is not retroactive to previously uploaded attachments but will be applied to any newly uploaded attachments. It does seem to be retroactively applied to existing images in posts that are remotely linked (i.e. on photobucket, imageshack and the like).

Please feel free to experiment with it in this thread.

Enjoy.

Surfcrest
December 3rd, 2013, 15:07
Looks good....

We should explain what these other function buttons are for;

Code
List
List=
Flash

...and what the Option functions do, down on the bottom left tab.

Surfcrest

elephantspike
December 3rd, 2013, 15:45
The code bbcode is so you can show someone how to code something without the code executing- like I used it on this thread explaining how to post YouTube videos:

how-embed-youtube-videos-into-post-t29513.html (http://sawatdeenetwork.com/forum/how-embed-youtube-videos-into-post-t29513.html)

You would use the "code" bbcode to show people how to use those other code buttons- like this:

To bold something use the "B" bbcode like this:

This Text Is Bold

You see? I have it in the "B" bbcode but instead of bloding it it shows you the code you use to bold it because I put the whole thing in the "code" bbcode.

Flash is for displaying flash files inside your post- I've never used that before.

The list ones are for displaying unordered lists/ordered lists like the HTML
<ul> FIrst List Item Second List Item [/list]
But I've never had much luck with it.

Here is the page from the FAQ about BBcode:

faq.php?mode=bbcode (http://sawatdeenetwork.com/forum/faq.php?mode=bbcode)

(Also linked to under the smilies in the compose post page. The text that says "BBcode" links to that)

Surfcrest
December 3rd, 2013, 16:47
Maybe that Bangkok Chinatown photo is just a little too huge huh?

Surfcrest

elephantspike
December 3rd, 2013, 17:00
I get a scrollbar on the lightboxed image but I think if you were looking at it on a huge screen it would expand to full size.

Surfcrest
December 3rd, 2013, 17:21
I'm looking at someone's balcony =))

Surfcrest