PDA

View Full Version : Going into Gogo bars but I don't drink

filbear
November 29th, 2013, 10:24
Hi, I'm kind of new to this forum.

I have no experience with bars, even back at home or in regular bars because I don't drink.

I was hoping to entering a gogo bar here in pattaya but I don't drink.

Also, any nice bars around here? I'm staying near Vista Hotel.

zinzone
November 29th, 2013, 13:42
If you don't drink(I assume alcohol) then simply order a bottle of water. It ain't rocket science.
:D

Marsilius
November 29th, 2013, 15:05
Or, if you prefer something with some flavour, there's orange juice, Coke and other soft drinks. If you prefer a Diet Coke, most waiters don't seem to know that name so you need to ask for "Coke light".

filbear
November 29th, 2013, 18:55
If you don't drink(I assume alcohol) then simply order a bottle of water. It ain't rocket science.
:D
Oh ok, it's really my first time. Kinda scared.

lego
November 29th, 2013, 20:51
If you're scared, a little bit of alcohol might actually prove helpful. ;) Good luck, in any case!

francois
November 29th, 2013, 21:38
filbear; Never fear! Some of the bars will provide newbies with a nipple, for your bottle, shaped like a penis, to relax you and put you in the mood.

filbear
November 29th, 2013, 22:37
filbear; Never fear! Some of the bars will provide newbies with a nipple, for your bottle, shaped like a penis, to relax you and put you in the mood.
I can't imagine haha

Shuee
November 30th, 2013, 02:56
you can even order tea or coffee in the gogos, sit in the back row away from the stage if your shy & watch from afar, if your in the front row you might get pocked in the eye watch out.... theres some whoppers out there!

filbear
November 30th, 2013, 06:02
you can even order tea or coffee in the gogos, sit in the back row away from the stage if your shy & watch from afar, if your in the front row you might get pocked in the eye watch out.... theres some whoppers out there!
That's scary.

Any gogo bars worth going to? I'm near pattaya beach road

Up2U
November 30th, 2013, 09:51
That's scary.

Any gogo bars worth going to? I'm near pattaya beach road
One could argue they are all worth going depending on your type of boy. I suggest you go to them all and report back what you liked or didn't like.

christianpfc
December 2nd, 2013, 15:04
I don't drink alcohol. There are non-alcoholic drinks, I usually have water, orange juice or pineapple juice. But after two or three of the, I am full and can't drink any more. It seems such problem does not occur with beer (conclusion from observing others). That was a problem when I used to go to several bars per night because I couldn't find a boy to take, now I find boys quicker and have regulars, so the problem is solved.

I am wondering if there would be a following if a bar offered cakes or crisps/chips, I would certainly be interested. I often would prefer eating a bag of Lay's instead of having a drink (but then I would have to lick me greasy fingers before touching anything else, including boys).

December 2nd, 2013, 16:18
They all offer nuts christianpfc but Im not sure you can nibble them in every bar.

witchhunt
December 2nd, 2013, 17:04
To be frank BrisbaneGuy your one liner quips do little for the board, and like timberthy you should get a warning

francois
December 2nd, 2013, 21:06
They all offer nuts christianpfc but Im not sure you can nibble them in every bar.

That was a good one BrisbaneGuy! I didn't understand the joke until I read the admonishment from witchunt. :))

Actually some bars do offers nut but served in a cup not in a sac.

scottish-guy
December 3rd, 2013, 01:43
Agreed - Witchunt unfortunately picked on one of BG's better jokes.

filbear
December 3rd, 2013, 08:17
I did manage a bottle of beer to give me courage. Hehe boyz boyz boyz was amazing.

christianpfc
December 3rd, 2013, 12:49

(I don't get the joke.)

A few bars offer peanuts, but I prefer other snacks, I only eat the peanuts because they are free, I would never buy peanuts.

dinagam
December 3rd, 2013, 13:39
Nuts are the distinctively hard contents of the scrotal sacs.

Nirish guy
December 3rd, 2013, 16:45

"I don't get the joke." ...... "I only eat the peanuts because they are free, I would never buy peanuts".

Funny I knew within one sentence who the writing style belonged to before I even looked ! :-) Touche Christian :-)

francois
December 3rd, 2013, 20:16
Christian, nuts in English are same-same as eggs in Thai. I learned this from the bf when we were enjoying breakfast in bed.

December 4th, 2013, 12:39

(I don't get the joke.)

A few bars offer peanuts, but I prefer other snacks, I only eat the peanuts because they are free, I would never buy peanuts.If I kicked you in the nuts christian where would it hurt?

christianpfc
December 4th, 2013, 15:11
Thank you. Now I see it. Not understanding a joke, especially if it's in reply to one of my posts, drives me nuts.

Marsilius
December 4th, 2013, 15:26
"...drives me nuts."

Neat response, Christian!

filbear
December 6th, 2013, 08:53
I wonder where the thread is going lol

So I got confused on my first visit. I ordered a coke which was 80 baht but got charged 180. Is it for the table I got? or sort of an entrance fee?

christianpfc
December 6th, 2013, 12:28
Some people like to compare drink prices in bars to drink prices in 7/11 and complain that drinks are more expensive in bars. Well, if you can get a beer for 50 Baht at 7/11, then go there!

The drink prices are basically an entrance fee to let you in the bar where you can ogle (and more) at boys dressed in underwear, something 7/11 does not provide. There is no charge for a table.

I fully understand and accept this systems, but I think the prices are outrageous (therefore very rarely go to bars in Bangkok), and haven't figured out where the huge profits some popular bars are making go. I have two guesses: luxurious lifestyle of the owner and tea money.