PDA

View Full Version : POLL: TH vacations - total spent so far

dab69
November 23rd, 2013, 04:31
Tallied up my total vacations for all my vacations to TH,
for me beginning in 1997. It was a little disheartening.
What is your estimate of your total?

It's anonymous, you don't have to respond if you feel it's too intrusive.

francois
November 24th, 2013, 01:21
All depends on what you mean by total spent? Are airfares included? Gold chains, cell phones, motorbikes,,,,,?

dab69
November 24th, 2013, 01:33
total, means total, sum of all, everything, Dans l'ensemble, tout, tout

stevehadders
November 24th, 2013, 02:56
My goodness it's frightening .....,but at same time I wouldn't change a thing

adman5000
November 24th, 2013, 03:36
While my total spent is very high, it is driven by the fact that it is 15+ visits. Many of my visits have been for a month or more, and I only fly Business Class or better for health reasons. It also includes a significant amount of expense for a family I sponsored. But I have zero regrets on how I spent the money. I have always enjoyed myself in Thailand and taken good care of those that took good care of me. There is no activity that I I enjoy more.

dab69
November 24th, 2013, 04:50
I know how you feel, having gone 12 times so far. A msn article stated that the best way to spend money
to make you happy is not to buy things, but experiences and memories.

But on the fiduciary side, I balance/rationalize what I have spent with what I have in the bank, stocks.
(excluding home, retirement funds). Still it is hard to not look at the amount as how much earlier I
could have retired there, as I once wanted to do. Almost every purchase I have gauged on how
many times I could have visited TH on what I just spent on the last car, etc., or investments to retire
(there?) sooner.

Stark contrast with my first visit on a lark.
Having paid off my home and getting a tax rebate, I spent my last dimes on the trip. :)

lego
November 25th, 2013, 19:00
I don't know the total amount, but what I do know is this: Once my Thailand addiction got that bad that I felt compelled to visit every other month, I knew I had to think about moving. That's what I did, I'm sure it has saved me a lot of money already. ;)