PDA

View Full Version : The X-Boys Bars

arsenal
November 19th, 2013, 09:49
As posted on another board, both the X-Boys bars are now charging 260 Baht for a drink, that's up 60 Baht since April. As a result my total spend with the two bars was 520 Baht rather than the 5-6'000 Baht I spent there on my last trip.

latintopxxx
November 19th, 2013, 14:03
u cant be serious???...or is this a weak attempt at trolling??

arsenal
November 19th, 2013, 14:39
Not sure I follow you Latin. Which part of the post do you think I'm not serious about?

christianpfc
November 19th, 2013, 18:09
For clarity: the op is talking about X-Boys Pattaya and X-Boys Land.

aot871
November 19th, 2013, 19:52
IF this is confirmed, they can kiss goodby to me going in again , unless it goes back to the std 200bht after high season has ended

llz
November 19th, 2013, 23:55
What I still disliked more when going to X-Boys Land was the mamasan coming towards me almost begging me to invite a boy as "they have nothing to eat, no customer, never seen that in Pattaya" and so on. Most inappropriate as I was with my boyfriend.

I did not know the outrageous prices they would charge me then, so could not answer her the obvious : lower your prices and you will have more cuistomers for sure.

I feel sorry for the boys who work there as some of theme were VERY up to my taste ...

latintopxxx
November 20th, 2013, 04:00
peasants...60BHT (тВм1.50) would not stop me from hitting a bar....have any of u been out and about in the real world...where a fucking beer is like тВм6-10....and no naked cavorting boys on a stage...
Anyway glad that due to 60BHT the hoi polloi will not breathe same air I do...and compete for the cheap as chips gogo boys.....

newalaan2
November 20th, 2013, 07:04
peasants...60BHT (тВм1.50) would not stop me from hitting a bar....have any of u been out and about in the real world...where a fucking beer is like тВм6-10....and no naked cavorting boys on a stage...Anyway glad that due to 60BHT the hoi polloi will not breathe same air I do...and compete for the cheap as chips gogo boys.....
This from a looser who trawls the gutters picking up Bt300 a time hustlers when not throwing his spare whole 60bahts around the bars. Yeah that's right Latin! you show 'em who the big spender is around these parts. Humiliates down-on-their-luck human beings just for kicks...yeah Latin! you're a such classy HiSo act who knows all about the "real world".........just the right guy to lecture the peasants!

latintopxxx
November 20th, 2013, 16:47
your praise is very much appreciated....

a447
November 20th, 2013, 18:07
Latin wrote:
have any of u been out and about in the real world...where a fucking beer is like тВм6-10...

Watch out! Kommentariat is about to pounce on you with something like this:

But as I say you're clearly a wanker who ......... is focused entirely knowing the price of everything and the value of nothing.

ROFL

Oh, BTW Kommentariat claimed that quote as his own.

It actually belongs to Oscar Wilde.

Nice one, Kommentariat!

newalaan2
November 20th, 2013, 19:22
As posted on another board, both the X-Boys bars are now charging 260 Baht for a drink, that's up 60 Baht since April. As a result my total spend with the two bars was 520 Baht rather than the 5-6'000 Baht I spent there on my last trip.
I posted on that thread at Gaybutton that it was more about the principal of X-Boys taking the piss than the actual cost. Bkk at Bt260 a drink is one thing but Pattaya?? The norm is Bt150-Bt200...with BT show bars closer to Bt200. Add on to that X-boys deliberate deception policy of previously giving only Bt50 notes in the bill change in the hope you will leave at least that as a tip shows them as the very kind of greedy, grasping bar owners and Thai employees who don't really deserve customers as they try to soak every satang from the very people who keep the place alive, with no thought toward the possibility of returning customers being important to it's longer term future.

That along with treating their customers as idiots is no incentive to give them any business, having a show and more especially a boring sex show where the participants spend more time going round the audience begging for even more tips than they do onstage 'performing' is more an incentive to avoid them anyway. A bigger question from your post Arsenal is how on earth or why anyone could possibly be enticed to spend 5-6,000 baht in the Pattaya X-boys bars in the first place. I might be enticed to spend a bit more than normal in Toyboys, but X-Boys?? One visit to X-boys even at the previous Bt200 per drink would be more than enough for me.

But can anyone report back on X-Boys new 'policy' of what makes up the bill folder change of Bt500/Bt1000 notes on a Bt260 bill? Let me guess? Four 10 baht coins hidden away in the bottom of the folder and four Bt50 notes resting on top = Bt90 tip "expectation"?

your praise is very much appreciated
Praise? Would that it were Latin, would that it were, but it's not, it's much less about praise as you well know and more about being a statement of facts on how your actions do not marry up to your continual self-promotion of HiSo-ness you would like us to buy into.

aot871
November 20th, 2013, 20:36
Has any expat living in pattaya spoken to the French guy who owns the bars , and asked him why this has been done ?, I know that the thai government has just put up the tax on drinks but not by 60bht a bottle of beer

latintopxxx
November 20th, 2013, 20:36
ok...so 60bht now magically transports me into HiSo....nice to know

egel
November 20th, 2013, 23:28
Yeah that's right Latin! you show 'em who the big spender is around these parts. Humiliates down-on-their-luck human beings just for kicks...yeah Latin! you're a such classy HiSo act who knows all about the "real world".........just the right guy to lecture the peasants!

Exactly newalaan2...sweep him back into the gutter where he came from.

latintopxxx
November 21st, 2013, 13:33
you all can stand on the sidewalk clutching your BHT60...I'll party away in the gutter....

Nirish guy
November 21st, 2013, 16:41
you all can stand on the sidewalk clutching your BHT60...I'll party away in the gutter....

Aye, the gutter in your head, cause that's about the only place you actually go !

timmberty
November 21st, 2013, 20:22

you party away throwing your 60 bahts here there and everywhere, but for fuck sake make sure those slut whores you are shagging (allegedly) dont get anything.

bucknaway
November 22nd, 2013, 03:26
Now that I'm back home from my holiday in Thailand, I am able to look back and ask myself if I could have gone to the bars a lot less and still had an enjoyable time in Thailand. My answer is yes. When I first came I visited the bars far too much, tipped far too much and drank far too much. I find that I have been cutting back on bar visits and drinking and on this last visit, I have cut back on tipping just for the sake of tipping.

When I first arrived in Pattaya this trip, I could not wait to get to Xboys and found myself longing for the excitement that was there last year. Where was the fun? It was there last year at the same time but this year it seemed they wanted to charge the premium prices without offering what I would consider, premium reward. As the days passed, I found myself skipping Xboys and would visit the Xboy2 where the David bar use to be. I only visited there because a guy I offed was there and I liked him a lot.

I imagine when I come back for holiday, I will visit the bars even less. The shows are not that entertaining to me anymore and I don't want to see another man in a dress trying to be glamorous. I don't want to spend close to 300 baht on a drink (That includes the 40 baht tip). when I can go to the beach and have a cute guy massage under the shade of a tree on the sand while quietly suggesting we go to my room to finish the massage.

The bars have their place, but just because they are there does not mean that I have to go to them.

I'll find my fun on the beach, walking street, online, through friends and just being out in public. And if I decide to go to a bar, I sure won't be emptying my wallet out to them.

newyorkgeorge
November 22nd, 2013, 03:37
X Boys, are, and have always been a complete rip off! 260 Baht for a coke? come on, and as for their show, like the other posters mentioned, utterly boring! horrible bar, and horrible staff, the owner (farang) gives me the creeps, and the rest of the staff are just con artists! if you want a sex show, pop round to BBB in Boyztown, ok, no fucking, but big (silicone) cocks, if you like that sort of thing, drinks from 180 baht!

christianpfc
November 25th, 2013, 13:52
I have to give them (X-Boys Pattaya) credit for the show, which is the only show I consider watching. But for 260 Baht per drink, I can as well stay in Bangkok and pay 300. There is one boy I fancy, if I want to see him I will ask to off him without entering the bar and buying drinks.