PDA

View Full Version : What is your yearly income?

bucknaway
November 17th, 2013, 04:41
Very often when the topic of tips and the cost of fun in the bars comes up, some members post replies as if they have an endless supply of money to spend without care. I have often wondered about the income of some of the guys that suggest high tips and careless spending.

This thread may also help others in the future when we offer them advice on tips, hotel rooms and general spending as they will have an idea as to the average income of the posters on this site.

Nirish guy
November 17th, 2013, 04:58
I think the term "careless" is probably relative as of course what one person sees as "careless" spending another may see as perfectly acceptable and more "carefree" rather than careLESS in their particular bigger scheme of things.

gumblebee
November 17th, 2013, 07:19
Do you mean before or after taxes? Salaries can be difficult to compare between very different tax regimes (and that's without considering social benefits and mandatory contributions).

November 17th, 2013, 09:00
Irrespective of my actual income I always answer the second lowest band on the incoming passenger card. They have no way of proving otherwise.

Smiles
November 17th, 2013, 10:13
Mind yer own business.

bucknaway
November 17th, 2013, 10:45
Hey, hey, the poll is anonymous. You can vote and no one will know your selection unless you tell us. :-B

Manforallseasons
November 17th, 2013, 10:48
None of your fucking business, get a life!

bucknaway
November 17th, 2013, 11:16
What is all this talk about it being none of my business? Why not just ignore the thread? Don't let it get to you, it's just the internet. If you choose to participate or not, it is totally your choice.

It's just a message board. No reason to get so emotional. :ymhug:

Doofus
November 17th, 2013, 12:48
Great topic in theory bucknaway, however more comes into play than just yearly income...
ie debts and living costs
U.S. household consumer debt profile:
Average credit card debt: $15,112
Average mortgage debt: $146,215
Average student loan debt: $31,240.
(googled and found @ http://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/credit-c ... household/ (http://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/credit-card-data/average-credit-card-debt-household/) info of living costs can be found @ http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/)

As people have been responding with $100,000.00 income - I wonder what their debts are on their billion dollar property's..... (also their CC debts, child/spousal support payments, student loans, car loans, property fees, etc etc). Unless they have no debt at all and then congrats :ymparty:

As I have personally in the last year changed jobs, city's, lifestyles, etc etc my income has decreased, but my debt repayments (and living expenses) have significantly decreased. I have a higher disposable income than last year.

Maybe a poll on average holiday spending money (per day?) (however does accommodation and airfare become included?)

Jellybean
November 17th, 2013, 12:53
Ah тАж memory lane. I used to ask people that question for a living bucknaway, but they were required by law to answer me.

Regrettably, I did receive the odd, тАЬMind your own businessтАЭ or very occasionally, the very rude, тАЬMind your own fucking business.тАЭ But it WAS my business and I had an array of enforcement powers at my disposal to ensure compliance.

In this case bucknaway, youтАЩll just have to use your undoubted charm and powers of persuasion to coax the information out of members. Good luck, IтАЩve a feeling you're going to need it! :)

witchhunt
November 17th, 2013, 13:06
just checked the Australian figures as the US figures seemed low

In NSW the average loan size in 2002 was $212,400 but has risen to $341,800 resulting in the average monthly repayment increasing by 61 per cent to $2295.

In Victoria the average loan rose from $175,900 to $306,500 and repayments increased by 74 per cent to $2058.

In Queensland the loan size rose from $152,700 to $289,900 and the average repayments climbed by 90 per cent to $1946.

http://www.news.com.au/realestate/inves ... 6618600333 (http://www.news.com.au/realestate/investing/abs-and-canstar-analysis-shows-home-loans-double-in-10-years/story-fndbarft-1226618600333)

Patanawet
November 17th, 2013, 13:15
Mind your own bleedin' business!!
Only a Thai boy would be able to ask such a question and he'd get the same answer.
AND you are in no way a Thai boy.

darkdays
November 17th, 2013, 13:49
Why would you ask such a question?

Smiles
November 17th, 2013, 14:14
What is all this talk about it being none of my business? Why not just ignore the thread? Don't let it get to you, it's just the internet. If you choose to participate or not, it is totally your choice.

It's just a message board. No reason to get so emotional.
Oh for fuck sake. Does one have to use a smilie to let you in on what is pretty obvious tongue-in-cheek ... like a joke man ... like a minor sarcasm to a guy who's been posting on this board for just about forever and thus should get it, especially in the company of such crowd of old reprobates and losers who populate this joint: for example ... Timmberty.

OK OK does this help: =P~ B-) =))

a447
November 17th, 2013, 15:18
Nirishguy wrote:
I think the term "careless" is probably relative as of course what one person sees as "careless" spending another may see as perfectly acceptable and more "carefree" rather than careLESS in their particular bigger scheme of things

I totally agree. I mean, Christian would probably think many of us display spending habits which he would describe as "careless" whereas many of us have a different view on money matters.

And what about value for money? We all have different ideas as to what constitutes "value." Some here have complained about paying 350 baht for a beer in Soi Twilight, but if there's a show to entertain me, I think that is excellent value for money. Where else in the world could I enjoy guys having sex right in front of my eyes, and openly parading around displaying their attributes, all for about $10? it's an absolute bargain, especially when I think about how little $10 will buy me in Oz!

As for the question being "none of your business" well it's an anonymous poll with no way of knowing which poster is earning which salary. So I don't know how you can tell Bucky to mind his own business.

Now, if a bar boy were to ask me that question, then I would definitely tell him to mind his own business - but in a nice way. :)

cdnmatt
November 17th, 2013, 15:55
I love it. Everyone makes over $100k/year, but if beer goes up by 10 baht, there's no shortage of complaints.

aot871
November 17th, 2013, 19:17
NObodys on my income bracket, but then im retired, so just wondered what the average retirement income, in the US is

pennyboy
November 17th, 2013, 19:20
I don't see what the fuss is all about.
I had no problem answering the poll but I lied :D

loke
November 17th, 2013, 19:24
I live in Thailand so my yearly income is much lower than when I lived and worked in Europe.

But I do have an Internet online job that gives me enough to live a good enough life in Thailand.

adman5000
November 17th, 2013, 19:51
Your comments assume that spending habits are directly related to income level and this is not true in many cases. In fact, many times the reverse is true!

Also, some of your wording is very subjective as noted by others with your use of the word "careless" and "high" when referring to spending. But even assuming everyone has the same definition, it may not directly relate to income levels.

Many people with excellent incomes are very frugal and do not tip, spend money shopping, or eat higher-priced meals, stay in the best hotels or are generous. Many people with small incomes spend money on things they can't afford and use credit.

Your survey also does not identify whether the person lives in Thailand or not. Someone spending money to fly halfway around the world may spend the same as a fixed income pensioner who lives there (or not). Or this may be their once a year splurge and they may spend a lot more. Or someone on a smaller income, living closer to Thailand, may also decide to splurge and be generous.

I don't see how such a survey will change anyone's future advice.

francois
November 17th, 2013, 22:32
Bucky; rather than a poll on income which will not generate forthright answers may I suggest a poll on cock size which will be much more revealing. Just be sure to include a category 12 inches or more . :^O

Jellybean
November 18th, 2013, 06:46
Hmm тАж interesting result so far. I didnтАЩt know I shared a forum with so many very wealthy members. I feel like the poor relation. :(

However, I wonder if the poll would show the same results if the same question was put by the United States Internal Revenue Service or Her MajestyтАЩs Revenue and Customs in the United Kingdom or some other national tax authority. LOL!

bobsaigon2
November 18th, 2013, 09:20
Too many variables if asking only about income. Might be more informative to ask how much board members spend while in Thailand, either as visitors or as long term residents. Then readers can decide if certain venues or activities are within their means.

Long term residents may be more judicious in their spending while we sex tourists tend to carpe diem a bit too much and it's only on the way home that we wonder where the money went, how the credit card bill ballooned, why the ATM card is showing more signs of wear, and why we are carrying scraps of paper with Thai boys' names and bank account details.

christianpfc
November 18th, 2013, 14:20
Strange, I freely share how much I spend when in Thailand on holiday or now living and working here, but consider my income to be not you business.

frequentflier
November 19th, 2013, 10:51
none of your business.

November 19th, 2013, 12:56
I see Im well in the majority then I done give a rats who knows except the Thai government and I just make up a different number every time I eneter Thailand.

guyforguy
November 20th, 2013, 04:25
Dear Bucky,

If I retire to Thailand my net monthly income would be approximately $2500 dollars US with ample cash reserves. I am 63 with no debt or obligations here. I wanted to retire in 2009 but the financial and currency markets went nuts and I've had to postpone retirement until June of 2014. My primary concern at this point is the dollar versus baht remaining stable and future inflation remaining modest. I have my doubts about both but one must get on with retirement and have a bit of fun.

All the best to you and board members.

G

psd1315
November 20th, 2013, 10:20
I buy, sell, manage and own property in America, my income is approximately 450k per year, unfortunately I am forced to pay almost 40 percent of my income to fund the US debt, which is increasing at 1 million dollars per minute under the current administration, AKA the worst President in US history, who I call Mr.Odumba.

Sooty
November 20th, 2013, 13:30
I buy, sell, manage and own property in America, my income is approximately 450k per year, unfortunately I am forced to pay almost 40 percent of my income to fund the US debt, which is increasing at 1 million dollars per minute under the current administration, AKA the worst President in US history, who I call Mr.Odumba.I feel like bursting into tears every time I read one of these sad, sad stories of human misery and deprivation.

latintopxxx
November 20th, 2013, 18:21
psd1315, no need to insult your own president, and let me remind you that it was the republican reign of the bush royal family that led the US into a series of financially disastrous wars totally fucking up your economy; at least Obama has been good enough to keep you out of any further wars and is doing his best to get the hell out of the stans...

egel
November 20th, 2013, 23:36
So who do you think is on $100,000+?
Latinwithpox? Scottish? Christian?

Halfhansum
November 21st, 2013, 18:21
I think we should have a new pole, to ask if anyone told the truth in the first one ....lol

ikarus
November 23rd, 2013, 22:56
My current income is zero. I invested all my savings in bitcoins. Currently live on food stamps. President Obama is an American savior. The best President ever and I cannot wait to sing up for Obamcare ( I cannot becau se fucking Republicans and burgoise insurance companies sabotages the website of my Dear leader).