PDA

View Full Version : Bangkok Hospitals

November 16th, 2013, 08:28
A friend of mine is looking for somewhere appropriate for treatment of depression. He's heard Siriraj Hospital has a good reputation for that sort of thing. Does anyone have any insights?

pong
November 16th, 2013, 13:56
For this reputations do not say very much-its more the click between patient and treatment.
Sri Raj is a govmt. hosp, so anything is Thai only. This is the now enormous building along the river, west side, bangkokNoi, around the former Bangkok Noi=Thonburi train station, where also the highest of Thai is being treated on the highest floor.
Refer to a expat forum like thaivisa for this-most likely there are already reviews and recommendations. And depr. is not a standard kind of disease with standard treatment- again it all depends.

November 17th, 2013, 02:48
I thought the Supreme Patriarch was at Chula Hospital, pong?

Patanawet
November 17th, 2013, 13:29
I thought the Supreme Patriarch was at Chula Hospital, pong?
Yes indeed kommentariat, the Supreme Patriach was at the Chulalongkorn Memorial Hospital until he passed on last month.
The country is still in official mourning for him.
The "highest in the land" were both at Siriraj Hospital (note the correct spelling Pong) until they moved to their summer palace in Hua Hin a few months ago.

November 18th, 2013, 03:53
My understanding is that the monkhood outrank everyone and that therefore the highest in the land is the Supreme Patriarch