PDA

View Full Version : Best site to meet gay locals?

fallplanet
November 15th, 2013, 00:19
Hey there!
I'm planning to stay in Thailand for a month or so. I fell in love with the country when I visited it with my then-BF a few years ago (he had lived in Thailand for a while). I don't wanna be the "usual farang" and have already started learning Thai. Would be great to meet people while I stay in Thailand. What's the best site to meet gay locals? Manhunt?

Thanks!

pong
November 15th, 2013, 14:04
no. there is no ''best'' or define what best means for you.
1.choose between local=all in Thai sites or world wide. Best known around here re last is Gayromeo, but it varies enormously between cities.
2.there are loads of Thai sites, mostly advertising or linked on general gay Thai sites (like gthai.net tmmsociety.net etc.) but many are changing into facebook-pages, as thats free. A variation on that team are partly pay-sites with ''camfrogs'' which are for late nite entertainments.............
But in general: Sites like that are far, far less common still to find ''real'' friends as they are in the west. Its more for the occasional meet. Grindr for smartfones is also populair-I often see them using it in buses in the vening here in BKK......

loke
November 15th, 2013, 14:57
I'm sure Christian can help you to find locals in Bangkok , but I would avoid thai websites and just come here , live in the big city for a while and meet some locals .

If you choose to stay in Bangkok you should avoid Silom area and find the smaller Thai gay friendly clubs . I did that mistake once on GR to invite a local to meet me in Silom but he told me that area was only for farang gays looking for sex /:)

So after that I choose my location carefully.

discord87
November 16th, 2013, 11:20
I'm sure Christian can help you to find locals in Bangkok , but I would avoid thai websites and just come here , live in the big city for a while and meet some locals .

If you choose to stay in Bangkok you should avoid Silom area and find the smaller Thai gay friendly clubs . I did that mistake once on GR to invite a local to meet me in Silom but he told me that area was only for farang gays looking for sex /:)

That's interesting. I've never actually had anyone recommending to avoid Silom, being a newbie and all. Where do you normally go to then?

christianpfc
November 18th, 2013, 13:56
There is no best way to find gay Thai boys. All ways I know of (internet or real life) are slow and difficult with problems and set backs.

But you should take a look at camfrog.

At the moment, I prefer meeting in real life (saunas, discos), that avoids issues like poor pictures or problems with space-time-management.

colmx
November 19th, 2013, 01:06
What's the best site to meet gay locals? Manhunt?
!
I would absolutely not recommend Manhunt...
That is one site that has had practically zero penetration in the Thai online market

GayRomeo/PlanetRomeo is undoubtedly the most popular

Followed by Jack'r and Grindr for those that have Smart Phones...
Jackd has the edge over grindr for me as they allow more pics per profile and their free edition is much less limited than the grindr version...

loke
November 19th, 2013, 02:30

That's interesting. I've never actually had anyone recommending to avoid Silom, being a newbie and all. Where do you normally go to then?

I have been invited to go with them most of the time and we went to smaller nightclubs / karaoke gay or mixed in several areas of Bangkok, you will not find many farangs in these places but most of them will welcome you as long as you bring some local Thais with you . in the Ramkamhaeng area you will find some gay discos and clubs , lots of students there. Not sure about the names , but just ask the boy .

-

pong
November 24th, 2013, 06:59
[
1.If you choose to stay in Bangkok you should avoid Silom area and find the smaller Thai gay friendly clubs . I did that mistake once on GR to invite a local to meet me in Silom but he told me that area was only for farang gays looking for sex /:)
2. in the Ramkamhaeng area you will find some gay discos and clubs , lots of students there. Not sure about the names , but just ask the boy .
-
@1. This is more the general widely held opinion with many Thai gays. Also the stigma of being seen there with a whitey=Thai gossip a lot and would tell you're a MB.
@2.Also in RCA and ratchda andOToKo/chatuchak market area-see listing @ gayscout. Names of clubs often change. No need to be introduced with a Thai guy, but most farang are totally clueless of whats happening there without one and its no real fun being alone and ignored. You need to be prepared for lots of drinking and overloud music and show ID. Also not really recd. for those >30: DJ will be your destination.

lego
November 25th, 2013, 18:52
Have to agree with those who've recommended GayRomeo (aka PlanetRomeo).

At least here in Bangkok, it's definitely a treasure trove, over the years I've met countless hot dates AND good friends there. In other parts of Thailand, like for example in Isaan, your success rate might depend on your ability to communicate in Thai to a greater extent, but that's more a general observation and not specific to GayRomeo. If anything, the chance to meet someone local with at least SOME English skills is higher on GayRomeo, compared to some other sites.

As far as mobile apps are concerned, in Bangkok I've had most success with Grindr and Jack'd. But these apps are very here-and-now, so what develops does tend to depend a lot on the time of day and your location within the city.