PDA

View Full Version : babylon bangkok comments please

ddsfo
November 7th, 2013, 19:52
i have visited the big mango several times and thought i would finally check out babylon bangkok on my next visit.
i stay at tarntawan so i would just use their sauna, spa, gym, ...
any comments/suggestions on the place would be appreciated.

Mancs
November 8th, 2013, 02:45
I've only been once but I didn't like it. The steam room was very dark-as in couldn't see anything-so operating on touch. But it is busy, especially at weekends, and has a small swimming pool, cafe, bar, space to cruise. Lots of men seem to like it.

colmx
November 8th, 2013, 04:37
As somebody that is pretty much exclusively into Asian guys i now find Babylon quite disappointing...
Way too many caucasian visitors for my liking these days...
Not sure if its the competition that i don't like, the agressive cruising or the fact that the whites seemingly outnumber the Asians on a lot of occasions... But for me Baylon is no longer on my "to do" list when visiting Bkk...

Nirish guy
November 8th, 2013, 07:26
I would tend to concur with that Colmx and every time I go I come away thinking "that's it, I'm not going to bother going back again" - but the thought of missing something usually draws me back at least once on each trip. I'm friendly with one of the waiters there ( outside of working hours) so at least when I go I can sit and have a beer and a chat with him, the down side of that of course being that he can watch and see everything and anything I might get up to which ruins my best laid lies for later that night in the bar when he asks "so, what did you get up to today" as he can usually tell me EXACTLY who and what I was doing.

Saying that I do usually have some fun whilst there with some nice Asian guys but as you say of late there are way more farang than usual perhaps and worst still for me the European style of everyone walking around in silence, round and round and round and all not as much as making eye contact is starting to become more and more prevalent, whereas in the past you could have sat and chatted or least had a bit of touchy feely fun with the Asian guys whilst walking round. So, yeah, each time I say this will be my last trip there for a while - and on my next trip I may well just stick to that this time.

Gunner
November 8th, 2013, 09:52
I would like to check it our - what is the best time to go on a Friday or Saturday?
If not Babylon - what is the alternative?

latintopxxx
November 8th, 2013, 14:21
personally speaking I love babylon, great outdoor pool, can spend the day lounging around it watching the talent go by, fantastic fully equipped gym, two restaurants, two bars, several cruising areas; and despite claims of not enough Asians, I always find lotsa Asians especially after 2pm....and no money boys. The best gay complex in Thailand.

Oliver
November 8th, 2013, 15:18
The Asian/Falang ratio varies drastically. The early afternoon is predominantty falang; Thais are more likely to arrive in the late afternoon, after about 1600.
I also find that the there is a better ratio (better for us, that is) in the low season when fewer falangs are in Thailand.

ddsfo
November 8th, 2013, 18:11
thanks for all those personal comments. i am sensitive to the race ratio (i enjoy asian men) so i am thinking
that workday evenings/nights are probably the worse time for me to check it out.

latintopxxx
November 8th, 2013, 18:21
not that i want to encourage all you evil backstabbing evil tongued board members to flood the place...but i find this place exremely relaxing!! Tend to spend most of the day there...at least from 11am to 6ish....eat, drink, fuck,snooze, sun bathe, fuck, swim, fuck...all in one place...

TravellerDave
November 8th, 2013, 19:46
I've never been there despite spending a lot of time in Thailand, although 95% of that is in Pattaya. At the end of my September trip I had a few days in Bkk, staying at the Tantawan, but I never got round to visiting Babylon. I suppose for a gay tourist it's like making a number of visits to Paris without going to the Eifel Tower.
I go quite a lot to Samsuk and enjoy the pool area, the restaurant and of course fucking upstairs in the cruising areas.
How does Babylon compare with Samsuk ?. I imagine its a lot bigger and caters more for Thais.

pong
November 9th, 2013, 14:08
BKK this big city under so much protest this week, has about 40 gay sauna-spread all over town, of which Bbln is just 1. Comments are true-its THE farang hang out by far.
In that Silom tourist ghetto, there are also: M10-not a great choice, Sauna Mania-of which is often said to be sticky rice (that means aseans for aseans only-often has large quantities of mainland Chinese) and Men Factory-in the same soi as GOD is, and Heaven. There are many listing sites for PLU-like gayscout, travelgayasia and the mapped out (google for) nickys gaybangkok-though unlike his promise, he does not update., use these for adress and more info.
Sauna catering for Thai are mostly for just after work having the pressure drop off-busy from 18.00 or so and petering out by 20/21.00. Some-far, far away from Silom ghetto, sauna's roar in the nighttime.

Oliver
November 9th, 2013, 16:12
Traveller Dave's question can be easily answered.
The Thais who frequent Sansuk tend to be guys who are on the scene; they are younger than at Babylon and are likely to wander off in the early evening to work at Sunee or wherever. They are less likely (in my experience) to be looking for hook-ups with older falang, though I have met delightful exceptions.
In Babylon, you will meet Asian tourists of different ages, relatively comfortably-off Thais (Babylon is expensive for Thais), predominantly late twenties upwards (though again I've met younger ones). That has been my experience from many visits (afternoons only) over the past sixteen years.
I like the facilities at Sansuk; the restaurant's Thai menu is good value (I've only eaten Thai there) and the swimming pool isn't as large as Babylon' but I prefer it. However, in terms of meeting Thais (or Asians) I am much more likely to be successful at Babylon than at Sansuk...though I should add the caveat that I've never stayed beyond about 20.00 at either facility. Nor am I much of a "catch" for anybody!

cameroncat
November 10th, 2013, 13:20
I find the Babylon a nice place to spend an afternoon/evening even without the cruising/sex part. A nice pool to read a book around, well equipped gym, good food at a reasonable price. Definitely more cruisey after dark and you may actually have more luck hooking up with an asian tourist from Taiwan, China, HK etc. than the sometimes picky Thai boys. The entrance price is a real bargain compared to Saunas in The West.

christianpfc
November 11th, 2013, 16:27
Just had a look at their website, open 10:30 am to 10:30 pm, from my last visit: is starts emtying from 9 pm on.

I have been many times over the years, with varying success rates. There are not many twinks.

It has the best lit area with "rest room"s of all saunas I know, there is enough light so I can make a decision whom I would like to join for "rest" in the room. All other saunas are too dark for my taste.

Alternatives are Chakran (Soi Aree, Saphan Kwai), there are more Asians, but mostly sticky rice. Level of cleanliness and maintenance is similar to Babylon, size about half of Babylon. In saunas that are mainly for Thai you might find the level of cleanliness and maintenance well below what I consider acceptable.

ComeOn
November 12th, 2013, 01:00
I just went to Babylon 1 week ago for the first time. And I really liked it It gets crowded about 4 pm (was on a Monday) and people leave around 8 pm. But I had lots of fun, it was just too dark for me, I like to see the people I touch...

Nirish guy
November 12th, 2013, 01:22
My biggest ongoing complaint about Babylon is the heat in the cubicle area - it's verging on unbearable and even just walking around the place can get you into a sweat never mind getting hot and heavy with some guy in one of the cubicles cum instant sweat boxes complete with their PVC bench covers which all doesn't help upstairs - and whilst hot and sweaty sex can be fun sometimes when the sweat ends up dripping from the end of your nose when you're doing nothing more than partaking a mildly energetic blow job you just know someone's has set the thermostat to high again ! :-(

joe552
November 12th, 2013, 01:45
what a wonderful picture you've painted, NIrish - they should use that in their advertising

Nirish guy
November 12th, 2013, 04:24
ha yes perhaps - and to be fair to them I guess they do call it a sauna after all so perhaps the clue as to the temperature to be expected might in the name there I guess - but if only they would keep that heat IN the sauna room and not in the general public areas where one is expected - nay required - to fuck then that would be be much more thoughtful of them ! :-)

latintopxxx
November 12th, 2013, 05:26
nirish...you must have been there on the only day in the last 10 years that the aircon broke down (yes I'm calling you a bare faced liar), the aircon is usuallu set pretty cold, in fact too cold for my liking...clearly you have never set foot in the place......

Nirish guy
November 12th, 2013, 07:38
Thank you for those kind words Latin, how very civil of you.

You are of course QUITE wrong and I could go on and give you a running commentary of the place or of the various foam parties I've attended ( and posted about here I believe in the past) or if you really know the place as well as you believe you appear to think you do i could PM you and have a conversation about one of the long time bar waiters there ( who is quite popular and happens to have quite a large dick) and who I met there several years ago and have been very "friendly with" for years now and still meet him on each of my trips both in and out of his work still and talk to him about once a fortnight when I'm here at home.

Or we could discuss how terribly slippery that wee bit of angled tiled floor gets as you walk on it with wet / soapy foam covered feet when going from the bar down into the toilets or how deadly narrow and steep those stairs from the bar up to the cubicle area can be in wet feet also if going up them when leaving the large downstair shower room, or how those damned water proof shower curtains with the metal rings on them are just about useless in that small upstairs shower room - you know the one with the one private shower to the right hand side of the mirror or the communal ones to the left just next to the wall mounted towel hooks or then as you come out of there and head on to the right into the top private cabin area, you know the one that leads down through that ridiculously narrow and dark passage way that takes you on down to the door to take you across the balcony area where you can look down and across into the bar area before you go on across into the other walk around area, over that bit of metal flooring stuff that cuts the feet of you as you walk over it ( or it does me anyway) where if you can then turn right and go on past more cabins and admire that strange sculpture thing hanging from the roof, until you either reach the end and decide to go down the spiral staircase to the showers etc or just turn back and then go out to the right and pass the dark room / maze area, where you can maybe sit on that nice long bench in the dark area and get the benefit of the cold aircon that happens to hit just that spot it seems, before heading on into that usually ridiculously warm main cabin area that I'd mentioned, you know the one with those horrible faded blue colour PVC covers over those foam cushion things on the raised bed / bench areas with the wall mounted dimmer switches and the peep holes in the sliding doors, until you eventually reach those damned wet and dangerous narrow stairs again ( well wet on foam nights anyway) and then you're back down into the bar area again........ yeah I could do that and then perhaps expect an apology for such unnecessary rudeness, but hey I'll not bother as if YOU say I haven't been there more times that I care to remember and that I happened to feel totally roasted on at least three of my last visits ! then I guess you must be right and I must be wrong and I was "obviously" dreaming it seems.

Don't worry, I'll accept your apology for calling me a "bare faced liar" graciously just anytime you're ready - unless of course you were joking and then that's all just fine sure.

latintopxxx
November 12th, 2013, 14:54
oh do stop trying so hard....very tiring!!...and the aircon always works in both crusing areas...

timmberty
November 12th, 2013, 15:29
i agree with latin .. this is thailand so of course everything works 100% all the time ..

Nirish guy
November 12th, 2013, 15:42
Sorry, just in case I missed it was THAT your apology for being 100% wrong with your blunt bare faced accusations or is that still to come once you work out a way to try and save face from such an unnecessary attack over something as random as MY own personal opinion as to how I found the air temperature at Babylon ?

Let me help you, the "s" for sorry is just between the "a" and "d" on your keyboard. You were quick enough to post calling me a bare faced liar so I trust you'll be equally quick enough and man enough to admit when you've made a mistake perhaps as well. We'll see I guess.

egel
November 12th, 2013, 20:46
Tend to spend most of the day there...at least from 11am to 6ish....eat, drink, fuck,snooze, sun bathe, fuck, swim, fuck...all in one place...
And crap in there too I bet.

colmx
November 13th, 2013, 00:37
you eventually reach those damned wet and dangerous narrow stairs again
I particularly hate walking down those stairs... On more than 1 occasion the abrasive risers on the srairs have ripped the skin along the back of my achilles
The risers seem to be made of pumice stone like material!

bucknaway
November 13th, 2013, 03:34
I enjoyed my stay at Babylon this trip. The wifi was fast and stable and allowed me to use google voice to make free calls back to the USA.

I also enjoyed meeting people on my floor. One night I left my room to go to the bathroom. On my way back to my room I met a guy staying on my floor and we both went back to my room. On another night I was talking a shower and a guy entered the shower area, hung up his towel and came up to me, grabbed my cock and asked if I was a top. I said no, he wrapped his towel around his waist and left... And on another morning after taking a shower, I was in my room when a guy knocked on my door and asked if he could come in. He asked me to remove my towel and I did. He asked if I was a top guy and I said no. He said that it would not work then so he said goodbye and left. And then there was the guy I met on Grinder who was staying on a different floor. He came to my room and we had some fun. I kept in touch with him and met him a few more times when I was in Pattaya.

Babylon can be a lot of fun!

Nirish guy
November 13th, 2013, 17:38
Latin - your silence is deafening - so no apology for your unjustified name calling and general nastiness in calling me a "bare faced liar" when I hope even you accept that obviously wasn't the case, I mean we're all here to get along and have a bit of fun and a laugh hopefully but when someone calls it wrong in such a blunt, forceful and insulting way as you did they really should endeavour to put that right as quickly as possible when they've realised they made a mistake - or maybe you don't think so ?

thaiguest
November 14th, 2013, 01:44
Latin - your silence is deafening - so no apology for your unjustified name calling and general nastiness in calling me a "bare faced liar" when I hope even you accept that obviously wasn't the case, I mean we're all here to get along and have a bit of fun and a laugh hopefully but when someone calls it wrong in such a blunt, forceful and insulting way as you did they really should endeavour to put that right as quickly as possible when they've realised they made a mistake - or maybe you don't think so ?
Nobody likes to be called a liar let alone a bare faced one. But relax. This is a cyber forum -I think. It's not a real place. Latinpox or whatever his name is doesn't really exist except in a very ephemeral sense. You don't exist here- I don't exist in any real sense either- even the colours of the rainbow are perceived illusions.

bkkmfj2648
November 14th, 2013, 02:19
I enjoyed my stay at Babylon this trip. The wifi was fast and stable and allowed me to use google voice to make free calls back to the USA.

I also enjoyed meeting people on my floor. One night I left my room to go to the bathroom. On my way back to my room I met a guy staying on my floor and we both went back to my room. On another night I was talking a shower and a guy entered the shower area, hung up his towel and came up to me, grabbed my cock and asked if I was a top. I said no, he wrapped his towel around his waist and left... And on another morning after taking a shower, I was in my room when a guy knocked on my door and asked if he could come in. He asked me to remove my towel and I did. He asked if I was a top guy and I said no. He said that it would not work then so he said goodbye and left. And then there was the guy I met on Grinder who was staying on a different floor. He came to my room and we had some fun. I kept in touch with him and met him a few more times when I was in Pattaya.

Babylon can be a lot of fun!

Hello Bucknaway,

I will be staying at Babylon next month for 1 week in one of the Bulgari Garden Standard Suites - do you know if that area of Babylon is as exciting as the area that you stayed in? :-\ :D

Thanks,

M.

latintopxxx
November 14th, 2013, 02:47
Most definitely not. U R staying in the posh private section (very nice) with ensuite bathroom facilities. Buckyboy clearly stays in the economy class section with shared toilet/shower facilities....and where u have the opportunity to run into other....

bucknaway
November 14th, 2013, 03:50
Hello Bucknaway,

I will be staying at Babylon next month for 1 week in one of the Bulgari Garden Standard Suites - do you know if that area of Babylon is as exciting as the area that you stayed in? :-\ :D

Thanks,

M.

I stayed in the Bulgari suites last year and although I found the rooms to be comfortable and very nice, I didn't like being away from the fun of the original Babylon rooms that share shower & Bathroom facilities. So last year while I stayed at the babylon hotel, because I was in the garden suite, I missed out on all the fun that happens at night in the Babylon hotel that has the dorm style rooms.

Nirish guy
November 14th, 2013, 04:00
Nobody likes to be called a liar let alone a bare faced one.

No, exactly, however if we're dispensing with any form of basic manners and civility towards each other then thats fine but the owner / moderators really should then change the rules of the board just so that we're all aware of that then perhaps, as if I wanted to post somewhere where insults and baseless allegations where directed at me / my post, simply for me having the audacity of posting my opinion of a place that was being discussed then it would be another board altogether that I would expect to be posting on, not here. But hey "whatever" - lifes too short.

thaiguest
November 14th, 2013, 20:10
Nobody likes to be called a liar let alone a bare faced one.

No, exactly, however if we're dispensing with any form of basic manners and civility towards each other then thats fine but the owner / moderators really should then change the rules of the board just so that we're all aware of that then perhaps, as if I wanted to post somewhere where insults and baseless allegations where directed at me / my post, simply for me having the audacity of posting my opinion of a place that was being discussed then it would be another board altogether that I would expect to be posting on, not here. But hey "whatever" - lifes too short.

I think it's better take a more distant stance re interaction with posters. Yes a forum is a form of self publication and we all like to publish or views but it's not like posting in the letters' page of the Sunday Times where indentity and responsibility are demanded. Here the opposite prevails-potential for destructive publication without responsibility. For younger people and the less mature adult cyber bullying can lead to catastrophic consequences.
Best carry on in the knowledge that this is all fake and that your supporter under one identity can be your detractor under another.
There's more than a little of the Troll in all of us so it ill-behoves the best of us to speak ill of the rest of us.