View Full Version : Planning to visit Thailand next month

chennaiguy
November 5th, 2013, 02:42
Dear Friends, I plan to spend my vacation this year in Thailand. As my colleagues cant take off simultaneously iam planning to come alone, i need some assistance, Could some one help me with best affordable package please, I will there at 3rd week of december. Thanks in advance

Naveen

Jellybean
November 5th, 2013, 10:22
Let me be the first member to welcome you to the forum Naveen!

But donтАЩt you think the best person to advise you on the,тАЭbest affordable packageтАЭ would be a travel agent?

Now, with regard to the detail of what to do and where to go in Thailand, and which bars, saunas, massage parlours and clubs to visit, then I am sure the members here will be more than willing to provide you with valuable and worthwhile advice.

chennaiguy
November 5th, 2013, 10:35
Hi Jelly,

Thanks for the reply, You are correct , I sent emails to many agents in Thailand, Sure more than 20 emails. I don't find any proper reply else their answer will be please refer to the link which follows their website. Also some people just look only for money, I know they work for money but their basic reply should be with some details and then put their quotation. I need your suggestions here, Please let me know which hotel or guest house i can book, Any reasonable place if you are aware. What all the places i could visit,Suggest me some best. I heard my friends saying i can take shared accommodation, Like for 15 days i can rent the room, All these stuff i just hear, iam sure you guys can give me a practical answer.

I know all the above details are mentioned in google, Sure u guys can help with more accurate details. :)

witchhunt
November 5th, 2013, 10:44
Welcome to the forum. Where do you plan to stay.

For Pattaya it is getting close to the high season. You should include location and dates to make any reply worthwhile.

Can we assume you are coming to Pattaya If not give us the exact dates for where you want to be.

What price range do you want?

chennaiguy
November 5th, 2013, 10:55
This is cool , instant reply. I plan to be there in the last two weeks of december, Guys please give me a best package so i can stay till new year. Never been to thailand before, My original plan is third week of december, if the price is reasonable i can extend my holiday trip till new year, to be frank i want to celebrate there this new year,

Cheers

chennaiguy
November 5th, 2013, 11:01
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

sent three replies and still i see the above message. this just delays thats why, any alternatives available...

Surfcrest
November 5th, 2013, 12:02
Sorry, the first 5 posts for all new members are reviewed first before they appear.
You are almost there....welcome!

Surfcrest

kalabao55
November 5th, 2013, 12:38
Welcome to the forum Navee.
I am new here myself, but not a newbie to Thailand. Sorry, I dont understand what "the best package" means.
Of course you will get advice here, but all advice is given in accordance with own preferences and your preferences might
be different. There are several websites giving hints on all subjects related to a stay, be it accomodation and/or nightlife.
Most hotels/guesthouses have own websites where prices are displayed and you will find also reviews.
I consider them most helpfully and if I see something specific, than I try to find more detail info in the forum by searching with keywords or asking for opinions and experiences.
Maybe not a bad idea to start this way!?

christianpfc
November 5th, 2013, 14:42
What do you mean by "package"? Flight and hotel in one? I always booked them separately. If you want hotel recommendations, you should indicate a price range.

For sightseeing, there are tours that you best book when in Thailand. Your hotel can help you with that, or a travel agent in Thailand. A look at wikitravel or into some books might be useful for preparation.

For questions about gay bars, massage, prostitution, discos, this forum is the place to ask them.

For what it is worth: when I first came to Thailand, I hadn't traveled for 10 years, I managed to book a flight and a hotel without any assistance (I didn't know about these forums).

November 5th, 2013, 14:43
The boy I had the last night I was in Thailand recently had quite a good package. Is that the sort of thing he means?

Mancs
November 5th, 2013, 16:59
I don't know about rented rooms but trying the tripadvisor website for a guesthouse might produce somewhere decent that is cheaper than a hotel. The kayak website is worth a look to compare flight prices and also to get prices of hotels. As it is high season I would book somewhere to sleep for the first few days at least.

Nirish guy
November 5th, 2013, 18:28
Hi Naveen, welcome to the board, for people to best assist perhaps you can let us know your basic preferences - do you want a city break ( Bangkok etc ) or more of a small City / Town beach break ( Pattaya, Koh Samui, Phuket etc etc), do you prefer staying in a hotel or a B&B or a hostel or a private Villa ? Are you looking for somewhere "gay" or does that not matter to you ( one can never assume that of course but as this is a gay website I take it that's why you're asking for your info here?), Do you have a rough budget in mind i.e. are you trying to find somewhere "cheap" for maybe 800 baht a night or maybe you don't care and the cost and money is no object to you ? All of these things will allow the members here to perhaps better assist you with your query. Just out of interest can I take it from your profile name that you are from Channai then - which if Google is correct is in India ( yes sorry I had to look it up as I hadn't heard of name before)

Anyway, hope you get the info you require and enjoy your trip.

chennaiguy
November 6th, 2013, 02:13
To Surfcrest******

Thanks , i was literally scratching my head , he he, thanks , iam sure from this post all should be fine........ \:D/

chennaiguy
November 6th, 2013, 02:26
To kalabao55 *****

Best package here we could say , a trip that makes u memorable and keeps reminding u always about the trip . Kalabao , You are correct , There are lots of hotel and their websites available , i have collected lots, You could see my collection below, Iam tired of sending emails to the sites mentioned, I am not sure where do i go wrong, or the way i approach is incorrect, I just joined work after my college, Hence its tuff for me to keep dialing each and everyone. Hence i write emails. So with the money I have , I have planned this trip ~X(

http://www.centaurinn.com/

1. Tarntawan Place at 119/5-10 Surawong Road, Bang Rak, in Bangkok. tarntawan@tarntawan.com
2. The Babylon Sauna and Guest House is located at 34 Soi Nandha, South Sathon Road, Soi 1 in Bangkok.
3. The Sofitel Silom is situated at 188 Silom Road in Bangrak, Bangkok.
4. http://www.bangkokhotmale.com/index.php ... ation.html (http://www.bangkokhotmale.com/index.php/Bangkok-Accommodation/Bangkok-Accommodation.html)

@ DIAMOND PUB AND RESTAURANT
Silom Soi 2/1
10500 Silom
Bangkok Thailand

Company : Asian Plus Travel
61/7 Muangsart Rd. Nong Hoi, Muang, Chiang Mai 50000, THAILAND
Phone : +66 (0) 53 802169
Fax : +66 (0) 53 802169
Hotline : +66 (0) 8 1883 1297
Email : service@asianplustravel.com
Hour : Monday - Saturday 08:30-17:30 h. GMT+7

Tip :To make a phone call from anywhere inside Thailand country, first dial "zero" (0) to obtain the inter provincial access followed by area code and the number you are dialing. (eg. 08-1883-1297)

Address 279/347-350 Jomtien Hostel
Moo 12 soi Somprasong plaza
Jomtien Beach road, #soi 11 & soi 12 (next to)
Nongprue Banglamung, Chonburi 20150
Phone +6638233416
Fax +6638233837
Website http://www.jomtienhostel.com/

Email jh@jomtienhostel.com

Thailand
Thailand ┬╗ Search for 'guide' (13)

Asian Plus Travel
Chiang Mai, Thailand
Chiang Mai and Northern Thailand Travel Agent providing personal, gay-friendly tour guides and offering unique travel experiences of Thai culture, nature, sightseeing and night tours. All with a profe

[5.0 out of 5]
1 review(s)

Emerald Green Mens Club
Koh Samui, Thailand
Emerald Green Mens Club has been Samui's leading, professional, gay only massage and body treatments spa for 7 successful years still with the foundation owners/managers; offering a range of q

[4.9 out of 5]
63 review(s)

Madam Ed
Pattaya, Thailand
Open 8 pm -2.30 am daily, no happy hours, showtime: 12.30 am Away from the three major gay zones, this place is run by a transvestite by the name of Madam Ed. Practically a one stop shop, there are

[? out of 5]
not rated

Lesbian Adventures Thailand
Bangkok, Thailand
Lesbian Adventures is the brainchild of Wendy, a Thai tour guide, and Nancy, an American taken with the beauty of Thailand. Together they decided to find a way to share ''Amazing Thailand'' with women

[? out of 5]
not rated

Mr. Boon Tour & Law
Pattaya, Thailand
Bored with sharing a package tours with pasty white tourists in Bermudas from Luton? Then, try the specially customized escapades from Mr Boon, all with the full-time assistance of a gay tour guide. H

[? out of 5]
not rated

Hamptons Property Co., Ltd.
Bang Rak, Thailand
Hamptons Property is the largest gay-owned and operated real estate agency in Bangkok, Thailand. Our office is conveniently located on Saladaeng Road just steps away from the main ga

[? out of 5]
not rated

Pattaya Gay TV
Pattaya, Thailand
Pattaya Gay TV is now online The latest internet guide to promote gay life in Pattaya and Thailand is now available online тАУ www.PattayaGayTV.com (http://www.PattayaGayTV.com) The channel hopes to re-create th

[? out of 5]
not rated

Chiang Mai, Thailand
If you are looking for a relaxing holiday to recuperate from your busy work schedule, try exploring Chiang Mai. On the contrary of what many people would think of Chiang Mai as being a dead town, it p

[? out of 5]
not rated

Phil Travel Guide Bangkok, Thailand
Bangkok, Thailand
Are you seeking a private licensed gay guide in Thailand ? I'm a professional freelance tour guide who offer a customised tour following to your personal interest. Please feel free to contact me for m

[? out of 5]
not rated

Sanctuary House
Sathon, Thailand
A Quiet Oasis in the Heart of Gay Bangkok: Sanctuary House provides moderately priced luxury short and long-term housing for the expatriate community. We now have two shop-house buildings featuri

[? out of 5]
not rated

Purple Dragon Ltd.
Bang Rak, Thailand
Asia's gay travel pioneers. We have operations throughout Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, Myanmar, Singapore, Bali, China, India, Nepal and soon Sri Lanka. We offer culturally-focused "modular" all

[? out of 5]
not rated

Goldentouchasia.com
Huai Khwang, Thailand
The ultimate gay travel destination guide

[? out of 5]
not rated

Chiang Mai Gay News and Guide
Chiang Mai, Thailand
Gay Chaing Mai Wesbite providing all the latest news, events and gossip from the gay scene in Chaing Mai. Includes listings fro all the gay venues in Chaing Mai,

chennaiguy
November 6th, 2013, 02:29
=)) =)) sometimes you might think" is this guy crazy". Iam sorry not at all, i just love the place as many say wonderful things about Thailand, Hence my hunt is getting to the depth. he he. =))

chennaiguy
November 6th, 2013, 02:42
To christianpfc ****

Yup what you say is correct i think its better to come there and hunt for places to visit and dude , iam not interested in prostitution, a wonderful trip with good fun is what i look .

Yes i would like to visit a gay bar , sauna and disco in the middle of my trip. A gud drink with tap beat dance and lots of people around turns me mad and crazy. My wishes does not stop but i love to do what i think...

chennaiguy
November 6th, 2013, 02:52
To Mancs *****

Thank u so much Mancs, for the website you provided me, not sure how this did not list in google search, Iam looking at it. Just want to know what does it mean 5 KM from city center , 2 KM from city center , what does this mean, Are they trying to say because its in outskirts. Website is nice.

Thank u again

chennaiguy
November 6th, 2013, 03:04
Hi Nirish,

Thanks for the reply, yes i do not wish to say iam not here for fun and bla bla stufff, as i said i want to enjoy my vacation. Yup you are correct, iam from southern part of india from the city chennai. I do not mind staying a hostel, I wish to stay somewhere near the party area where its easily accessible for gay bars, sauna , disco and stuff. Do you have anything running in your mind let me know. do we get around 500 to 700 Bhatt per night , I am not sure but i love to listen to your reply the sooner.

chennaiguy
November 6th, 2013, 03:09
To All my friends in this Forum, I do not wish to take this forum for weeks your suggestions are always welcome,

***** rent from 500 to 700 TB per day

***** do not mind taking a shared accommodation.

***** i request someone to suggest me a place inside the city.

**** love to visit gay pub , disco and sauna and of course will be nice if the place is gay friendly.

**** i love traveling a lots , would love to get into a group if you are interested.

***** i wish to spend my new year there.

I have said about my plans. I wish my forum friends to suggest me the earliest.

Nirish guy
November 6th, 2013, 03:56
So that it does not appear that you received no reply to your query I will simply say that I personally am not aware of a hotel offering reasonable accommodation, certainly in Bangkok, at those rates and especially during high season, but that of course doesn't mean that such places do not exist and shared accommodation may be your best bet perhaps, so I'll leave it up to others to answer you if they can / they wish. Christian you perhaps might be this gentleman's best bet here I'm guessing ?

joe552
November 6th, 2013, 04:15
I think even christian would struggle with accommodation at that price in Bangkok over Christmas and New Year, although the OP doesn't actually mention which city he plans to visit. Certainly his list of travel agents looks as if he's thinking of moving around quite a lot.

For a first time visitor, I would suggest staying in Bangkok for most of the time, if you can find affordable accommodation, plus maybe a trip to Pattaya for a few days (since hotels are generally cheaper here).

Mancs
November 6th, 2013, 04:18
Have a look at these bed and breakfast places in Bangkok:
http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotels-g29 ... otels.html (http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotels-g293916-c2-Bangkok-Hotels.html)
I think you may be able to do better than the Centaur Inn at a reasonable price.

Mancs
November 6th, 2013, 04:42
Kayak assumes the city centre is Khao San road. That's a backpackers' area near the river so has cheap hostels but there isn't much gay there. I think you need to be nearer Silom/Sathorn. I like a challenge so you got me searching. This might be ok and meet your price target:
http://www.thebloomsresidence.hostel.com/

There is a 10% service charge to be added to the room rates.

The area has cheap eateries and shops. The reviews of Blooms seem reasonable for this price. From there you could walk to Babylon sauna in no more than 25 minutes, which is long enough to be walking in bkk in December. Getting to soi 2 and soi 4 on Silom for gay bars/clubs is easy, either on a motorbike taxi or reducing the walk via the MRT underground rail from Lumpini to Silom.

christianpfc
November 6th, 2013, 12:30
500 to 700 per night is possible, even with aircon. These places might not have their own website and might not be on Agoda or similar. There is the mooonhouse (opposite Ibis Hotel on Soi Sri Bam Pen in Sathorn) which has rooms from 450 per night. For shared accommodation, I remember BBB Inn on Rama IV Road has a dormitory. There is S1 Hostel in Soi Ngam Duplee which has a dormitory.

We had a thread about accommodation around Sathorn Soi 1 in www.gaythailand.com (http://www.gaythailand.com) you can look there for further information.

If you want to be close the gay scene for tourists, you should stay in Sathorn or Silom area.

November 6th, 2013, 14:03
To Mancs *****

Thank u so much Mancs, for the website you provided me, not sure how this did not list in google search, Iam looking at it. Just want to know what does it mean 5 KM from city center , 2 KM from city center , what does this mean, Are they trying to say because its in outskirts. Website is nice.

Thank u againAnother leg puller I see why hasnt a 747 jumped in with one of his short novels.

chennaiguy
November 6th, 2013, 14:08
Not at all, why do you say so,

To Mancs *****

Thank u againAnother leg puller I see why hasnt a 747 jumped in with one of his short novels.

chennaiguy
November 7th, 2013, 20:44
Thank u all for the reply, It was very helpful and i got it done.

Many thanks again

joe552
November 7th, 2013, 23:33
You might actually tell us what your plans are, chennaiguy

RonanTheBarbarian
November 8th, 2013, 05:47
Chennaiguy, the first thing you need to decide what dates you want to spend in Bangkok and what dates in Pattaya.

I know you are only at the research stage of your trip now, but if you are going to be in Thailand over the Christmas/new Year period, i think you need to decide soon.

For your Bangkok stay, I would suggest only looking at places within one kilometre of either the Lumpini MRT (underground) station, which covers some of the Sathorn area, or Sala Daeng skytrain station, which is in the Silom area.

On the booking.com website, you can choose to search in various districts in the city. I would suggest doing a search in both the "Silom" and "Sathorn" areas. Do a search for one person in one room, and sort the results by price.

There is a "sort by" strapline on the top of the results page - you can sort it by price (either including or excluding dormitary beds).

That will give you a reasonable choice. I know there are probably cheaper places out there that maybe are not on the big internet booking sites, but unless you can get a recommendation from somebody here, you probably will not be able to find out about them in time.

At the moment, a search for the Sathorn area brings up several places with dormitary beds for under 15 Euro (about 600 baht) for that period.
And if you go only slightly dearer you can get a simple single room.

What i wouldnt do is send emails to cheap places with enquiries, which what you have seem to have done, I think. Most of the cheaper places do not have the staff to be able to competently answer such queries, in my opinion, which is why they were ignored.

If you have a debit or credit card, i would book on booking.com after reading some of the reviews from previous travellers.

Agoda is another big site for online bookings, but be careful - their site does not include taxes and charges at first, so it will work out a bit more expensive than seems to be the case at first.

Once you have your main accommodation booked, you can research the nightlife and possible day trips.

pong
November 9th, 2013, 14:14
I think even christian would struggle with accommodation at that price in Bangkok over Christmas and New Year, although the OP doesn't actually mention which city he plans to visit. Certainly his list of travel agents looks as if he's thinking of moving around quite a lot.
Utter nonsense again. Check sites like hostelworld and hostelbookers. The really cheap places do NOT advertise on the web or even maintain a site. Strangely even more-these places hardly up their fees in that time. BTW-the really busy time for such places is the monthes after 1/1. And a word of caution: Thai places often DO discriminate for who they will take in-many will not take Thai and quite a few are also very, very reluctant to accept Indians-or anyone who looks like that. Here in BKK there is an old-established area for Indians-with lots of Indian shops and even an emporium for saree's, name is Pahurath, edge of Chinatown-has Indian style ''hotel'' sleeping places from, 100 bt/night.

joe552
November 9th, 2013, 15:36
well, I'm obviously not the Cheap Charlie I thought I was

Nirish guy
November 9th, 2013, 16:44
No, I guess it's just more a case of what one considers to be "accommodation" Joe.

scottish-guy
November 9th, 2013, 17:19
Personally, I can feel a pea through several mattresses - as all good queens (or princesses) ought to be able to.

Nirish guy
November 9th, 2013, 17:36
Me too and I HATE when that happens as it takes AGES to dry again :-)

joe552
November 10th, 2013, 04:02
I think you'll find incontinence pads are widely available, even in Thailand, NIrish, should you need them.

and the last few threads seem to be going down the toilet, as it were.

Sooty
November 10th, 2013, 05:08
I think you'll find it's a flash in the pan, Joe